ForumsThe TavernYour favorite non-video game?

111 41376
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Monopoly? Scrabble? Boggle? Connect 4? Chess? Checkers? Chutes and Ladders? Candy Land? Sorry? Battleship? Operation? Something else? What's your favorite game and why? Any good memories from your childhood related to it?

• 111 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Out of that list I'd have to say chess, monopoly, and checkers. Chess because it requires thought and strategy to defeat your opponent, monopoly because it's very fun to play and time consuming so it makes things go by faster, and checkers because it's simple fun when playing with younger people. I've been playing those three games since I was around eight.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

hearts, cheat , bank , chess , monopoly , checkers ,soltaire , spider soltaire , black jack, poker basically any card games

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
926 posts
Peasant

My favorite boards games are.... Risk, Axis and Allies, Monopoly, Stratego, and Clue. My favorite card games are... B.S., War, Slap Jack, and pretty much all gambling card games.
I really like strategy board games and playing card games. My friends and I play them all the time(when we're not outside or playing electronics, of course).

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Poker and blackjack. A game where I can laugh or make money. Depends on the people I play with.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

My favorites have to be checkers and blackjack. Good, easy fun.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

My favorite non video game is chess. I like the strategy you need to use. I used to really like candy land as a kid, and when I can't play chess as a non video game I can settle for checkers. Or tic tac toe.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Monopoly definitely, and I'm enjoying chess as I attempt learning how to play the game. Monopoly has a lot of fond memories for me since I've been playing it since I was a little kid.

AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

I love playing Trivia Pursuit and Scrabble (I recently got addicted to Wordfeud and playing on the go) to unwind and relax. Also, Boggle has been a staple of weekend nights in my family - my mother and I can play against each other for hours and not tire of it.

I enjoy various card games, most of which would probably be unfamiliar to you, as they're specific to my place of birth. Out of the ones you would know, my favourites are straight and stud poker (I'm not a particular fan of hold 'em) and gin rummy. I also quite enjoy 4-player canasta, on the rare occasions I can get three other people to join me.

My favourite board game, however, at the moment is Caylus.

My favourite game to play with my brother is Jungle Jam (which has prettier design than the original Arriba) - we used to play it all the time as little kids and we still enjoy it from time to time. The fact that it mostly devolves into impromptu wrestling matches on the floor is just an added bonus.

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

My favorite non-video game would be poker. I just like any card game I guess.

recneps1337
recneps1337
453 posts
Nomad

go fish because i can memorize something with immediate hestaricle results

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Risk, chess, battleship, sorry
Yeah risk is newer, the rest all involve little pickpocket

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

Clue has to be my favorite. Is complex but really fun.

Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

I know someone already listed it, but it really is my favourite non-video game, which is Boggle. I love that game lol. Probably cause i'm pretty good with words.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Chess is lots of fun but I am not very good at it.

I am also a big fan of monopoly because you have to decide when to buy something and when to just go over it.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I like monopoly
I used to play Risk and clue as well.

Showing 1-15 of 111