ForumsThe TavernYour favorite non-video game?

111 41425
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Monopoly? Scrabble? Boggle? Connect 4? Chess? Checkers? Chutes and Ladders? Candy Land? Sorry? Battleship? Operation? Something else? What's your favorite game and why? Any good memories from your childhood related to it?

• 111 Replies
lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

My favorite are those games where you just talk or something. (e.g. mind games, or guess what I'm thinking of.) Mind Games Including Black Magic, In My World. Sorry If you haven't heard these games 'cause I'm too lazy to explain them. Blah!jkfld;sajfkldsj;fkjsdflkjdsa

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Risk. Best board game ever. it's like Civilization you can play on your table.

Chess and Monopoly are also very fun and good games that require thinking.

DemonicIllusions
DemonicIllusions
13 posts
Nomad

Chess, Shogi, And other strategy games that are hard

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Monopoly. I can laugh at my opponents and their small stacks of cash whilst I delusionally believe that I am rich.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I used to play a lot a board game called Citadels.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

The games I really like to play are chess, checkers, backgammon, tic-tac-toe, and you could say card games of all sorts.

On a further note, has anyone tried the board game The Settles of Catan, or something like that is? Is it like the same thing as the video games series The Settlers or Die Siedler series? (Excuse my German)

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Life...loved it since I was a little kid. But other than that I really love checkers and connect four. I'm not one for board games (I never have been) but I can sit and play Life for hours..lol

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Life...loved it since I was a little kid.
I never liked Life compared to, say, Monopoly. I don't like how you can't go back to the beginning of the board and fix everything you screwed up the first time around.

I'm into Settlers of Catan because I'm a giant nerd, but my favorite is The Barbie Game: Queen of the Prom. ****'s so cash.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Scrabble has always been my favorite. I used to play a lot with my aunt when I was 11-13 yo (in French & English). It really helped with my vocabulary and I discovered so many words in my dictionary because of it.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Monopoly and chess. I like strategy games.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

@AceOfSky YES I absolutely love that game... (I kinda suck at it, though...)

colony101
colony101
44 posts
Shepherd

chess, monopoly, and checkers. You have to have multiple plans for them A.K.A statagy

Krosofire007
Krosofire007
17 posts
Nomad

Chess, checkers, risk, stratego, and about almost every card game.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

No one has said Russian roulette yet?

That's disappointing....

EdgeofSanity
EdgeofSanity
28 posts
Shepherd

I liked playing WAR with my friend. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_%28card_game%29].

We also played something called Crazy Eights which is a lot like UNO. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_eights .

Showing 91-105 of 111