ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] The meaning of life...

83 29164
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Ever wondered what your life meant? Is it a simple and subjective as birth to death? Cradle to the grave? Or is it more complex than that? What is life to you in its many complexitites? Discuss, argue, debate NOW!!!

• 83 Replies
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

There's a bit of truth to that. If the goal of our life is the thing we want the most, then it will for most people probably be a ever-changing goal since we long for what we don't have right now, like a cat with attention deficit disorder... really enjoying your achieved things is hard over a long time. Except when you're old and weary and are happy with your life because you know you won't do a lot of other things.
No, you don't change your goals, you remain happy with the goals that you've already achieved. That's how I live my life anyway and that's how everybody should live; not changing their goals, but sticking with it to achieve true happiness; I've sacraficed mine for intelligence...
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

The meaning of life is also partly sexual gratification. Without it there would be no births and no life. Even if it does mean that paedophiles have sex with kids or force their parents to do so. It still means a population to exist. Therefore the meaning of life is partly sex!

well thats the same as saying that the meaning is to pass your genes. im sure that you cant gain happiness from sex if it is not with someone special. i do think its important and gives JOY but not happiness. first of all animals do that not because they want to pass on their genes etc. they dont think about puppies. it just feels good to them so they do that. its not the meaning of life. just how life works.

No, you don't change your goals, you remain happy with the goals that you've already achieved. That's how I live my life anyway and that's how everybody should live; not changing their goals, but sticking with it to achieve true happiness;

partly agree... unless you meant what im saying. i dont think you change your goals. you just add more goals to the goal list... its that simple in my opinion.

I've sacraficed mine for intelligence...

sacrificed what?
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

The meaning of life is what ever you want it to be. I know it sounds like I haven't put a lot of thought into that but hear me out. No one has the same life, we're all different so we must set our selves our own goals and own things to accomplish.There is no definite answer, it's how you live your life that counts.

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

well thats the same as saying that the meaning is to pass your genes. im sure that you cant gain happiness from sex if it is not with someone special. i do think its important and gives JOY but not happiness. first of all animals do that not because they want to pass on their genes etc. they dont think about puppies. it just feels good to them so they do that. its not the meaning of life. just how life works.
Sounds like that is probably true...
partly agree... unless you meant what im saying. i dont think you change your goals. you just add more goals to the goal list... its that simple in my opinion.
I agree!
sacrificed what?
My happiness in exchange for intelligence.
The meaning of life is what ever you want it to be. I know it sounds like I haven't put a lot of thought into that but hear me out. No one has the same life, we're all different so we must set our selves our own goals and own things to accomplish.There is no definite answer, it's how you live your life that counts.
I was speaking in general terms; but you're allowed to express your opinion about the meaning of life in general terms and the mean of life to yourself and other individuals...
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

My happiness in exchange for intelligence.

how if i may ask? because as i said. for me happiness is the most important thing and i dont think sacrificing it is good for anything.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

how if i may ask?

He means he sacrifices his happiness for his education. He mixes those two up.

because as i said. for me happiness is the most important thing and i dont think sacrificing it is good for anything.

Short term strife for long term benefits? That's all I can think of.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i meant how did he sacrificed his happiness (unless you were sarcastic... which i usually dont get). also im not sure what strife is and i dont have time to check. i will answer this later because i have to go bye

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

i meant how did he sacrificed his happiness

Devotes all/most of his waking time to studying and takes many classes/high level classes at once I would assume.

also im not sure what strife is and i dont have time to check

Strife = Hardship.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Devotes all/most of his waking time to studying and takes many classes/high level classes at once I would assume.

Strife = Hardship.

first of all, do you know this or just guessing? second, thats not the happiness i meant. the happiness means the goal and i doubt that waking up late would make someone that happy.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

first of all, do you know this or just guessing?

I'm just guessing because I can't think of another way one could sacrifice happiness for education.

Although, I suppose you could work like two jobs to pay for college and be taking classes at the same time.
007TheOne
007TheOne
55 posts
Nomad

Is whatever you make it...

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Sorry I've not been online for a long time; I only just read the thread that said to type in "webmail.armorgames.com" and now it works.

At Kasic and the other guy, It's because of my college that I am unhappy.

Is whatever you make it...
Yes it is...
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

not really an explanation but i can see that that fogy comment probably means you dont want to talk about it...

btw. im thebluerabbit :*(

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

not really an explanation but i can see that that fogy comment probably means you dont want to talk about it...
It's not that; it's off-topic...
So? What's your point?
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

So? What's your point?

At Kasic and the other guy, It's because of my college that I am unhappy.

He feels left out, obviously.

It's not that; it's off-topic...

It's not off topic to delve deeper into ones personal definition of the meaning of life.
Showing 16-30 of 83