ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] The meaning of life...

83 29167
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Ever wondered what your life meant? Is it a simple and subjective as birth to death? Cradle to the grave? Or is it more complex than that? What is life to you in its many complexitites? Discuss, argue, debate NOW!!!

• 83 Replies
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

So what are you people's opinion on the meaning of life..?

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

we got to the point... dont bump this. its interesting but if no one comments anymore then thats it. let it die with its honor

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

we got to the point... dont bump this. its interesting but if no one comments anymore then thats it. let it die with its honor
I don't understand your statement; explain. And don't forget to post something on-topic so that it balances out the off-topic part of the post...
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

no one has posted here for a long time. and you keep bumping this thread to the first page.

And don't forget to post something on-topic so that it balances out the off-topic part of the post...

like those?:

Flag

So what are you people's opinion on the meaning of life..?

ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this thread died. unless someone will post. let it die
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

this thread died. unless someone will post. let it die
Alright, I'll let it die...
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

hmm, lets see, stop thinking so much. lots of people disagree and the debate always goes nowhere

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

crap... oops
well, since i've bumped it, i personally believe in creation
i just think its kind of dumb that people think something can come out of nothing (although someone is bound to hold that against me in some way)
i mean, cells are more complex than darwin thought they originally were, so wouldnt that disprove his theory?

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

crap... oops
well, since i've bumped it, i personally believe in creation
i just think its kind of dumb that people think something can come out of nothing (although someone is bound to hold that against me in some way)
i mean, cells are more complex than darwin thought they originally were, so wouldnt that disprove his theory?
Because you have to start off somewhere. How do you expect that something always has existed throughout the whole of eternity? Surely at some point it must've been nothing. Now we have everything. See how it is cause to effect?
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Because you have to start off somewhere....Surely at some point it must've been nothing.

I think that type of thinking is close-minded and ignorant, why would you try to limit the possibilities of the universe?
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

I think that type of thinking is close-minded and ignorant, why would you try to limit the possibilities of the universe?
Because there is no such thing as eternity. Plus the red shift of light emitted from distant galaxies prove that the universe is expanding. And they've traced back the expansion of the universe back to a single point which before that there was nothing...
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

We cannot know these things for sure, since we did not witness them, and arent actually at the edge of the universe to see it expanding.

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

We cannot know these things for sure, since we did not witness them, and arent actually at the edge of the universe to see it expanding.
We can see the Red Light Affect and therefore know that it is expanding and therefore must've done from a single point in the universe and therefore must've been nothing at one point.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

i just think its kind of dumb that people think something can come out of nothing

We actually don't know what was before the big bang, it is probable that there was something there before. But then you go on arguing, what was before that etc., and creationists will always be able to report their ID theory just to the moment before science has found out what was going on there. Seems arbitrary to me.
(although someone is bound to hold that against me in some way)

yup^^

No, that just means he didn't see everything, which is perfectly normal, he was not a supernatural genius or whatnot. The cell's complexity doesn't disprove Darwin; or did he, at one point, assume cells aren't complex in order to abse his theories on it?

Yeah, and letting your imagination go wild in speculations and start beleiving your imagination is the holy truth, isn't close-minded at all.....

Oh, and you didn't answer the thread's question anyway; you just threw in here that you're creationist and that everything else is dumb in your eyes. But what, for you, is the meaning of life? You didn't answer the only important question of this thread.
thisis17charcters
thisis17charcters
41 posts
Nomad

Thought this was a reference to the meaning of life song by disturbed (I would post a link but bad words so that might get me banned idk).

To be honest, since life ends up just being a cycle of life and death, I'd assume that the meaning of life is to create offspring and then die. Pass on your genes and all of that. Of course humans are a bit different, since we have complex brains, and that self awareness.

I feel like the meaning of life for humans might be to progress humanity as a whole.

Showing 61-75 of 83