ForumsThe TavernDo you think being a mod would sound fun?

212 24454
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Well, okay. You know that there are those people who spam the site (Don't comment on that, Cen). You know tere are people who are always yelling at the mods, etc. But is it really that bad? You still get to have a fun time on ArmorGames, and the users who use AG well respect them. So do you think it's really that bad?

• 212 Replies
L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

It would be interesting, but as Skeleton_Pilot says it wouldnt really be "fun". Now i have a very busy life as a am currently working on doing a small dog grooming business, teaching a chess club of 50 kids, and school.

It would be a cool experience though, and would be a good feeling to know you are helping keep spammers, offenders, and absolute idiots off the site. I am very appreciative of all the moderators and administrators out there and i hope they keep doing they're job very well! Good luck guys!
-Drag0

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Now i have a very busy life as a am currently working on doing a small dog grooming business

Sorry i mean as i am currently working.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I think it would be a fun job for a masochist to have... Which is the only logical/conceivable reason why the mods we have now keep doing the job.

Since when did Gantic become a ninja? I thought Strop was the ninja and Gantic was to be referred to as the All-Nom?!?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

However, I wouldn't really want to be in control of millions of users.

We are so not in control lol. Not like that anyway.

All the analogies that liken us to monarchs or leaders aren't as good as comparing us to cops, because that's essentially what we do. I probably stopped being the ninja when I became the semi-retired cop more interested in dunkin' donuts than cuffing perps :P
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

We are so not in control lol. Not like that anyway.

Thumbs up for the vague disclaimer.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I probably stopped being the ninja when I became the semi-retired cop more interested in dunkin' donuts than cuffing perps :P

So do we get to see a drawing of retired Strop?

So on topic: I would be a mod if I had to be and if it would really help the community. You have to do a lot of work though and people look up to you and watch everything you do.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

The only person to ever see retired strop was mysteriously stabbed in the face....You know too much already, I'd watch your self if I where you.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

when i said tried i meant submit myself as a candidate

Submitting yourself as a candidate is one of the best ways to remove yourself as a candidate.

Though it would be nice if someone would clean out the game comments regularly.

Taking into consideration, of course, that there are over 2500 games, all of them full of borderline-spam comments that would require a tough decision on whether or not they should be deleted.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

all of them full of borderline-spam comments

Borderline-spam? Most are obvious spam. Yes there are a few ones that could go either way but most you could just delete. Doing that would take forever though and the mods don't have forever.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

no. i enjoy this site because i can come and go and socialize as i please. i would not enjoy spending 24/7 listening to spammers and such and not really socializing with people. granted, it does have its perks... like banning annoying people

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Borderline-spam? Most are obvious spam. Yes there are a few ones that could go either way but most you could just delete.

It's about 50/50, really, and you can't even tell if the borderline ones are borderline until you read them; which, of course, would make this process even longer.
L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Really it is 50/50. There are many comments that in alot of ways can be considered spam but in alot of ways cant. So this would be a long and difficult task for 8 people(some not even active so more like 6).

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Borderline-spam? Most are obvious spam. Yes there are a few ones that could go either way but most you could just delete.

Let's just say that mods wouldn't mind cleaning all the games all the time, if people didn't mind having their non-spam comments deleted as well. And their merits.
Something, however, tells me that people would be kinda pissy about such a solution.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Let's just say that mods wouldn't mind cleaning all the games all the time, if people didn't mind having their non-spam comments deleted as well. And their merits.

Do you mean that the only solution to the game comment spam would be the deletion of all game comments?

Something, however, tells me that people would be kinda pissy about such a solution.

I think they would, including me. When I say I would get &quotissy", it's because when I make a game comment, I try to make it non-spam. Spam comments will eventually be deleted, so it's not worth it to make spam comments. Also, if this solution was implemented, there would probably be a lot of starry shields after deletion.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Do you mean that the only solution to the game comment spam would be the deletion of all game comments?

No, I am saying the only possible way the mod staff would bother with keeping all the games clean all the time was if they were allowed to delete all the comments.
Basically, this would take time, but it would not take as long as it does keeping even a selected amount of games relatively clean some of the time.

So, yeah. It is a bother to do, it is actually a worse bother to keep up due to some technicalities, and mods tend to start making stabbing motions at their keyboard after a while. A while that might not be long enough to clean a single new game of spam.
Showing 151-165 of 212