ForumsThe TavernWeapon of choice for killing zombies.

198 32921
skyrider31
skyrider31
25 posts
Nomad

What weapon will you use against zombies? Chainsaw, bazooka, katana, C4 or M16?

• 198 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

then the chainsaw it isn't a terrible choice

The chainsaw is a horrible choice. I take it you've never used one? They're bulky, the chains break, they spray whatever you're cutting all over the place, they're extremely loud, they require a lot of fuel and they most certainly aren't something you want to carry around with you where ever you go. If I had to pick between a chainsaw and a 2 foot long metal pipe, I'd go with the pipe.
TopRank_
TopRank_
275 posts
Peasant

I would use a mounted M60 at the f'ing army base i hid in after i crapped my pants and said "HOLY SHIZ, THERE ARE ZOMBIES F'ING EVERYWHERE!!!"

But Kasic is right about the chainsaw. It only Looks good on a screen.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

My fists. ever be in hand-to-hand combat with a zombie? THAT would be a challenge!

depends on how many you are fighting, if you get outnumbered you will die.

The chainsaw is a horrible choice. I take it you've never used one? They're bulky, the chains break, they spray whatever you're cutting all over the place, they're extremely loud, they require a lot of fuel and they most certainly aren't something you want to carry around with you where ever you go. If I had to pick between a chainsaw and a 2 foot long metal pipe, I'd go with the pipe.

i would chose the pipe too if i had to chose between a chansaw and a metal pipe because i know how to use the pipe as a eapon.

The Katana would be my choice of weapon because it will last you a while its quiet so it wont attract zombies and it can cleanly chop the head of but it must be kept in good condition for it to be able to do this.

what will you do if the katana gets stuck in a zombie or if there are too many?

here is a hint: before you chose a weapon keep in mind that you will use it only if the zombies found you. it is better to survive, run and hide (depending on the zombie type, if they are fast or mutated......) than to fight them.
abilitycraze
abilitycraze
15 posts
Nomad

samuarai sword

RaGzOr
RaGzOr
132 posts
Shepherd

I agree with Tossavainen.

Silent weapons will prevent the aggroing of this brain-eaters, so definitely i will take a katana and a crossbow

TopRank_
TopRank_
275 posts
Peasant

HIDE AT A MILITARY BASE!!!!!!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Depending on the zombie type, a baseball bat or even martial arts could come in handy, especially in critical situations (except when you're overrun).
However I'd still stay with my trusty spear/halberd: not so effective than the katana, but it also works when it's not perfectly sharpened, so it needs less maintenance. It has a bigger range=more security. And a halberd can be used for thrust as well as slash attacks.
In case that it breaks, it still leaves me with a blunt and a sharp one-handed weapon. Better than nothing

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

My mind!!!!! IT's the best gun out there >

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I like shotguns and machine guns

price775
price775
11 posts
Nomad

I definitely prefer a silenced USP or/and desert eagle

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

you know, unless it's a .22 with subsonic rounds, the gun will still make noise

yasko62
yasko62
52 posts
Nomad

Silenced U.M.P 45, possibily bring a long reach melee weapon, Spear maybe? So if there is a group scattered around I can take them out one by one without attracting them all.

Thomas666666
Thomas666666
9 posts
Nomad

M16 with silencer. Don't want to attract a lot of them.

Volltagge
Volltagge
26 posts
Nomad

I'd say ... full body armor (dunno where you can find 1 nowadays, but still ...) ==> Full protection, use whatever you want to kill them afterwards.

DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

buzz saw to cut them into little pices

Showing 181-195 of 198