ForumsThe TavernWeapon of choice for killing zombies.

198 32914
skyrider31
skyrider31
25 posts
Nomad

What weapon will you use against zombies? Chainsaw, bazooka, katana, C4 or M16?

• 198 Replies
Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Time. They will rot in couple of months.

yozheGGG
yozheGGG
23 posts
Nomad

Time is the best weapon - they simply will not survive the winter. Chainsaw as a weapon is bull****, actually, do not believe everything you see in a game.
A shotgun is neither that good as we used to think - it's a weapon for the close combat, and it's not wise to allow zombi to get near you. So, take a M16 or AK74, and shoot the *******s.

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
40 posts
Nomad

I'd choose the Tommy Gun. It's a well rounded yet very portable powerful SMG. It's got a good enough range to shoot across a football field and it's a got a good rate of fire. I highly recommend this one.
http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/thompson-e.html

maxwell4400
maxwell4400
15 posts
Nomad

I say I would choose a Sniper its proven that a Tommy Gun is the worst cause a tommy gun keeps rapidlly recoiling nd a sniper recoils only once per shot

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Really? Chainsaws, Bazookas, Snipers... I mean not that any of those wouldn't be 'Effective' so to say, but you might want to think of the probability of you even acquiring any of these weapons aside from a chainsaw of course, and the gun training you would need to effectively fire a bazooka so it even hits anything except buildings and such..

I know that wasn't the question, but all things considered some kind of melee weapons it would have to be, even though yozhe pointed out that allowing a zombie to get near you is not wise, sure, but again if that's your only option..

I wouldn't like it to be anything tacky that gets stuck on zombies because it could pose a threat of letting the zombie bite you while trying to get your weapon off the god darn thing, or you might even lose your weapon.
Fire axes and crowbars are fairly easy to get, well maybe a shovel in the worst case to decapitate them.
A chainsaw could get rid of the head, but the noise that it makes would only make the situation worse by attracting more zombies.

I'm getting at the edge of my previous principle of easy to acquire, but if it weren't a melee weapon I suppose a crossbow would be mighty useful.
-Close to no sound
-Easy to use/load
-Most of the time Get your ammo back

It's hard to make a final answer.. So I wont. The things I wrote pretty much covers all my thoughts about this.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Sledge's Shotgun in Borderlands. With the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned expansion, zombies infected Pandora and it's up to the Vault Hunters and their massive arsenal of GUNZ AND GLORY to purify the land. Also to blow **** up. The two-shot beast is an absolute menace to those Zeds, a normally bullet-spongey enemy.

-Chillz

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

A silenced smg or assault rifle. Don't want all of them to hear you and gather up. Shotguns if they are close up, a semi-automatic one though. Pump actions would take too long and would be irritating.

cingcon
cingcon
152 posts
Nomad

M16 all the way. Everything dies if you shoot it enough.

LoadingEarth
LoadingEarth
2 posts
Nomad

Personally I would choose an internally suppressed or just a suppressed weapon so they can't hear me maybe a ACR Bushmaster.

Dreiyas
Dreiyas
113 posts
Peasant

I'd choose something affective but ammo saving.
M14 maybe? A single shot gun would be great with trigger tapping action.

Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

Chainsaws just plain suck for zombie killing. They're a lot heavier than you think, eat up a lot of fuel, and most of all, make a lot of noise that'll attract more zombies than you can kill.

If I had to choose a melee weapon, I'd probably pick a metal baseball bat or a crowbar. Both incredibly effective for smashing in zombie brains.

Scouttydog
Scouttydog
56 posts
Nomad

flamethrower no competition

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

and where do you get the guns after the zombie apocalypse had begun/spread? do you really want to go through a crowd of zombies only to get a gun and some ammo?

use the weapons you have at home, even if its a kithen knife!

Nick_EX
Nick_EX
58 posts
Nomad

I would take the katana to slay the zombies, because the melee weapons are the only one which can't run out of ammo. And the katana is one of the lightest but most effective melee weapons I know.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, it really depends on the kind of zombie we are encountering (such as fast zombies, normal 'slow' zombies, etc).
Yet let us assume we are talking about the standard zombie. The one that kinda shuffles and moans and is really only a danger in large groups.

*SOG Tactical Tomahawk:
-Small, lightweight and easy to use. Amazingly useful as a tool and weapon due to the axe blade, hammer sides and (most importantly) a battle spike on the end. This gives you tremendous piercing power that will slide in and out easily.

*Trench knife:
-Great for those times when you get a little too close for comfort. The knuckles guard is not to great against the undead, yet it means that there is next to no chance of dropping it. Same idea as the battle spike on the SOG when it comes to the blade, quick and easy in/out action.

Guns are only really useful if going against fast zombies, yet the main use is against other survivors. The ammunition factor my main deterrent for highly recommending them as main weapons. Most people do not have vast amounts of ammunition stockpiled, nor the guns.

Showing 1-15 of 198