ForumsThe TavernWeapon of choice for killing zombies.

198 32920
skyrider31
skyrider31
25 posts
Nomad

What weapon will you use against zombies? Chainsaw, bazooka, katana, C4 or M16?

• 198 Replies
dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

either the 5.56 m16 or maybe a 2.23 bushmaster.

Eli1010
Eli1010
272 posts
Nomad

Crossbow. it's too useful because you need just a arrow.You can use same arrow again, again and again.And you can kill zombies very silently.

I agree. It reminds me of the walking dead
NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

M16 and a shotgun xD

Thuran
Thuran
71 posts
Peasant

Crossbow, Juggernaut Armour, Gravity Hammer (Heck Yea!), and a limitless supply of pipe bombs.

Thuran
Thuran
71 posts
Peasant

Actually... If you think about it, you just need sum bleach/roundup, mathches, and a small private plane. F*** em up good, there. Bleach and roundup are flammable and corrode their already naturall deteriorating skin. I think you can figure out what the matches are for.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Full plate armour (try getting zombie teeth through plated steel) and you can basically sleep in the street.

As for actual weapon? As others have said, ranged is the way to go and you want quiet, deadly and not to have to worry about ammo all the time. Crossbow.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Full plate armour (try getting zombie teeth through plated steel) and you can basically sleep in the street.

other than getting around, oh and the inherent holes in the armor
frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

Hard to say, a gun would be nice but what about ammo? Same with crossbow. I think I'll take a poleaxe.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

other than getting around, oh and the inherent holes in the armor

Or moving in it.

As for you all saying a crossbow...they don't exactly refire fast. You have to rewind them each and every time. A normal bow would be much better.

The Crossbow's advantage was that it could pack the power of a longbow into a handheld, easy to aim and fire at the ready weapon for punching through heavy armor or shields.

Also, you keep talking about retrieving arrows...are you really going to dig them out of the zombie's head while other zombies are attacking you? Arrows can also break you know.
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

First of all, I have no problem moving in full plate armour, because I have done several times in LARP. I own a set already and it weighs 120lbs, but I'm 6"7 and in shape, so it's no problem. You can't exactly sprint, but I can get around just fine. And the holes have chainmail coverings.

And as for the reload issue with a crossbow, why would I be fighting hordes? I'd avoid all populated areas and have a weapon just in case I encountered a single or maybe 2 zeds, but anymore than that, I'm running the eff away.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

And the holes have chainmail coverings.

perfectly sized holes for insistent biting teeth and claws, also head/face/neck/elbows

First of all, I have no problem moving in full plate armour, because I have done several times in LARP. I own a set already and it weighs 120lbs, but I'm 6"7 and in shape, so it's no problem

that's great, you gonna survive a summer in it? or what about constantly moving from that horde? they will definitely exploit any and all parts fo the armor that aren't covered in solid steel
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

No teeth can bite through chainmail, particularly rotting ones.

And, I can take it off when in a safe zone, I'm not saying I'll be wearing it 24/7.

From actual experience of wearing it, I can say with utter confidence, no zombie is getting through.

SloanerBoner
SloanerBoner
48 posts
Nomad

Chainsaw's a good option until you run out of gas, then you're f****ed. I probably choose a Light Machine Gun, since it has plenty of ammo and you can kill them from a decent range. Or a Katana (or some sort of blade), purely because it has unlimited ammo (obviously).

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

No teeth can bite through chainmail, particularly rotting ones.

teeth don't rot

also safe zone? this isn't L4D, you're not gonna walk into a room and no one will get in, also they can and will get through it
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Teeth do rot. I don't know what world you live on where they don't. Once there's contanimates on teeth such as plaque, it will continue to eat through until nothing is left unless you clean or preserve the teeth.

You telling me zombies are gonna be flossing?

And I didn't mean computer game safe zones, there are plenty of areas just on my street alone where I could fortify and make it reasonably safe to sleep in. For example, there's a hire shop down the road with a chainlink fence, solid concrete walls, a ladder to the second floor and barred windows.

In other words, safe zone.

Showing 136-150 of 198