ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 50181
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i think that somewhere out their. some form of life does exist on another planet it just wouldnt make sence for millions of planets but only one with life on it

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Think about it...

"Our galaxy is only one of millions of billions in this amazing and expanding universe!"
-Monty Python quote

With all those millions of billions of other galaxies all containing hundreds of billions of stars, each of which has the potential to house a solar system of planets, each of which planets has the ability to contain the same elements that earth does, it's unreasonable to think that there is no other sentient life out there anywhere else in the universe.

BlueCooler9
BlueCooler9
45 posts
Nomad

Well due to my religion, I have to say no, though people may have different perspectives than me. I'm not saying though that I'm right and this is a fact and all (since people think there are other people out there beyond the solar system which they call aliens). We can't really say until we have proof (which won't be until along time).

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

What religion do you follow that requires you to deny the existence of aliens? The only religions that I know of speak specifically of Earth, and don't speak of the outside universe.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

no way there has to be more and that hurts my brain

Intergeek
Intergeek
4 posts
Nomad

I think that there is life SOMEWHERE in the universe, they're either behind or ahead of us. So would wouldn't bother coming to earth

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I thikn we are the only ones.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

mega what u seem not to understand about a topic is people can say whatever they want. so get over it

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

i do not think that we are alone at all

but i do not think that other life has been to earth either.

also who says they have to be advanced in technology? For all we know there good be perfectly good races of life out there who are as primitive as we are in the caveman era. Everyone just assumes that they are more technologically advanced than we are.

But if they do have the super advanced technology, even with that it would take them years upon years to reach us even at light speed. We have not detected planets that have/can support life within reasonable range to get her and get back again in an amount of time.

But then on the other side (christian view) god created everything and everyone. Why would he create ugly evil people.

But then again who says that they are ugly and all deformed and weird. For all we know they could look exactly like us only speak a different language.

So i think that it all in the end comes down to human ego, choice, and religion/ beliefs.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

God did not create "EVIL People". God has allowed us our own choices, therefor on the Religious Side any Alien would choose its evilness.

We make a guess in our mind about what they are, scientifically it proves for them to be advanced in technology because sitings are talked about [And with our technology we know nothing near us has life, so something travelling faster then a thousands if lightyears per hour is advanced, of course].

The other statement in science is is that we are the "Latest" beings of our planet, while on the other hand a different organism somewhere else may be the first created, therefor have had more time to develop into smartikaler beings.

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

As far as we know the universe is infinate. The chances that no other life is out there is almost immpossible, just like people said above. Just like all our water is from outer space (comets over billions of years) the very frist life on earth could also, considering that earth was a ball of fire, so how could life have started on that?

The_0ne
The_0ne
42 posts
Nomad

No i Dont Think We Are Alone....... this universe IS HUUUUUUUUUUGE noway we cud be alone!

StrategyGamble
StrategyGamble
129 posts
Nomad

I think we re not alone..universe is too big and there are bilions of planet with life...it is only a question of a time when we will be visited or attacked..

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Why do you guys assume that aliens are evil and ugly? And even so there are plenty of ugly looking things on earth and lots of evil things as well. Hey now heres a thought, hypotheticaly if we are more advanced then them and we found them, who's stop stop us from invading them? If we have alien slaves, that wouldn't be infringing on Human rights! >

wowmstr13
wowmstr13
81 posts
Nomad

I don't think we are alone in the universe, think about how vast and big it is, it's impossible for there not to be more life out there

Showing 76-90 of 252