ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 50180
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

No, scientists have located many planets with like atmospheres to ours, if we could make life, why can't they? And the reason we haven't traveled there is that it is billions of light years away.

clipmaster3
clipmaster3
104 posts
Nomad

wouldn't it be weird to think maybe people on that planet are looking at ours and thinking the same thing? just a thought...

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

there is probably a group of alien kids talking about the same thing right now...hey look a fly

152 posts
Nomad

easy yes

jboy85
jboy85
69 posts
Nomad

alone as in like aliens or alone meaning you are alone in your house?

jboy85
jboy85
69 posts
Nomad

nvm my last post, i think there is another race of people in the universe, maybe a few light years away but there has to be something out there

Krackalacken
Krackalacken
4 posts
Nomad

I dont think we are and if we are its a pretty big waste of space

Flamegoat
Flamegoat
34 posts
Nomad

Dude, we are totally not in this Universe..we just haven't found them, or vise-versa

Younghoo
Younghoo
7 posts
Nomad

ok. im explaining it as simple as posible.
space is big.
Billions of galaxies.
Milky way make 50 stars a year.
stars have 50% of planets.
0.2% planets are livable.
90% of livable planets have life.

Epilog:
0.2% life has intelligence like us.

Kreator
Kreator
133 posts
Nomad

There is an infinite amount of galaxies. In 2006 it was determined that the milky way and its neighbors had 8 traditional planets. Now... 8 traditional planets times infinity... And not one other has any other life form? Doubtful.

Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

duh yes

Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

i meen duh no wer not alone in the univers

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

I'm going to bring this topic back, since it was made before I came here, and I still wanna get my 2 cents in.

There is lots of evidence suggesting life on other planets is very likely:

Life can be supported in scalding, acidic hot pools, in the driest deserts, and in the dark, crushing depths of the ocean. It has even found a niche in the frigid polar regions, in toxic dumps and nuclear power plants. Undersea hydrothermal vents also support entire ecosystems.

Hydrogen and oxygen are the in the top 3 most common elements in the universe. Of the top 3 elements they are the only two to form a compound. That being water.

Adding to the chances, we must consider aspects like Jupiter's moon Europa, which is thought to have a subsurface ocean with an environment similar to the deep oceans of Earth. Venus once had a climate similar to Earth's and vast oceans of water. Recent Mar's photos show water formed canyons, deltas and waterfalls.

There are many habitable zones that we know of!IN case you don't know, habitable zones are the best guess approach to determining possibilities of life. These habitable zones exist as a range from the sun in which water can be supported on a planetary surface. Additional factors normally include a super giant gravity well that in essence protects the habitable zone from comets, asteroids etc.

Due to the limits of technology, the types of planets we can detect are limited (large gravity well Jupiter sized planets). Computer modelling offers the best solution to determining probabilities of habitable zones. Current modelling estimates arrive at a rate of 25-50% of extrasolar planetary systems will have a habitable zone capable of supporting an earth like planet.

Conclusion: I don't know, but it is very very very very unlikely.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

For every person who said they were sure of it, gave the same reason.
You've been brainwashed!

iceburn
iceburn
119 posts
Nomad

you guys are so stupid, what are the odds that we are alone in such a large universe? we probably won't ever come inn to contact with them but still

Showing 106-120 of 252