ForumsForum GamesThe Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs: Chamber Eighteen

644 79480
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You wake up and find yourself in pitch blackness. SUDDENLY! Words appear out of nowhere.

Welcome to the Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs! You have been brought here against your will for the amusement of the Gantic. Each chamber has two doors: one that leads out and one that leads in. Each door has a unique solution. You must find out how to escape or die trying.

Oh, did I mention that you will respawn after death? The Gantic feeds on death, but it brings you back to life because it knows you will die again. So work together to get yourselves out!

Oh, did I also mention that you are not the only one here? The Gantic is not satisfied with just one toy. No. It has as many as it pleases!

How to Play:
Type out commands and the Gantic will respond.

Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is a closed door. There is a table in the middle of the room. A piece of chalk sits in the middle of the room.

Only clear commands will result in actions. The more specific the command, the more specific the action.

Player: I use chalk on the table.
The Gantic: How do you wish to use the chalk on the table?
Player: I use chalk to write on the table.
The Gantic: You write on the table, but you don't know what you wrote.
Player: I use chalk to write the word "Open" on the table.
The Gantic: You write the word "Open" on the table. You hear the sound of stone sliding on stone.
Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is an open door. There is a table in the middle of the room with the word "Open" written on it.

Now onwards!
You find yourselves in Chamber One.
  • 644 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You yoink a torch from Mort_Kawasaki. On the north side of the platform, you make out something that sticks out from somewhere below the platform to the wall.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

hmm... let's stand on the platform, and see if it works like an elevator.

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

(If nothing happens while sonic stands on the platform I push sonic off and see whether I can grab the platform and lift it.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The platform lowers slight. The door slides open a third of the way.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

... how about we drag the 3 idiots onto the platform and use that to open the door.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

sonicheroes95 drags three corpses onto the platform. The platform sinks to the same level as the floor. The door slides open all the way.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i go into Chamber 5 and look around Chamber 5.

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

I bring some moss to chamber 5 and a torch from previous chambers

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Just for bookkeeping:

Poizaz00, sonicheroes95, aamer13, and Garriss each have one of the four torches from Chamber One. There are no other torches.

You find yourselves in Chamber Five!

The chamber is cast in a bluish glow from the large pool of water in the middle. The pool dominates the chamber leaving only a one foot (~30 cm) wide ledge along the walls. Lights ripple along the surface of the water.

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

I drop some of the moss in the water and see what happens.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

have i respawn yet? if i have, then i throw a rock into the water

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I splash a bit of goop on the floor and harden it by torch. I then tear hair off of a corpse, and make a paintbrush from it and some clay. I then use indirect heat to harden the clay. I then use the brush to paint "Please give me a pickaxe" on the walls. I also give everybody but Sonic a sword because Sonic is.... dangerous.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Garriss tosses some moss into the water. Light ripples outward from where it hit the water. The moss disappears in the blink of an eye as after falling below the surface.

You respawn when you post. Just post and you're alive.

rick073 tosses a rock into the water. Light ripples outward from where it hit the water. The rock sinks to the bottom of the pool.

Poizaz00 paints the chamber walls with glow-in-the-dark paint. His pleas are ignored.

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

I try to ccross the chamber by the one foot ledges on the walls

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I make glowsticks from goop and attempt to make glue from corpse bones, a pot, and a torch to be a burner. I then glue the glowstick underwater onto a ledge.

Showing 91-105 of 644