ForumsThe TavernHalf Full or Half Empty?

64 12962
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Just what the title says. If you see a glass filled halfway with water, would you think of it as half full or half empty?

• 64 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

It's obviously half-full. Who thinks of filling the glass to the rim anyway? That's not the wisest thing to do.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Depends on how you look at it. Either from a optimistic view or a pessimistic view. Either a positive look on it or a negative look on the glass filled halfway with water

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

would you think of it as half full or half empty?

Half full obviously as Gantic pointed out how would something be half empty it doesn't sound right example fill the glass half empty wit water or fill the glass half full with water you see .
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The only way you would consider it half-empty is if you think a glass should be filled to the rim.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

The glass is twice as large as it should be. Just pour it into a smaller cup, and get on with your life.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

The glass is already broken. We're all screwed, so no point in worrying about it.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I think that the probability of it being exactly half full/half empty is not that great.

But honestly it depends on my mood. I am usually more of a half full kind of guy.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

why not both? half-full and half-empty?

nabillionaire00
nabillionaire00
7 posts
Nomad

When you fill a glass you don't say I'm going to fill it so its half empty. Or atleast I don't don't say that. It just sounds weird.

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

when it is filled, then it is half full, when it is emtied, then it is half empty.

Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

When a glass is empty and you fill it up halfway it is half-full. When you empty a glass that is full halfway, it becomes half-empty.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I usually think of it as being half full, but it pretty much all depends on my mood...

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Just drink the cup of water, who cares? Problem solved.

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

rate yourself

Lazy: You don't care how the cup is, you will just drink it.

Realist: If the water was poured INTO the cup, then it is half FULL. If the water was poured OUT of the cup, then the water is half EMPTY

Engineer: The cup is twice as big

Optimist: Half Full

Pessimists: Half Empty

"The government would say that the glass is fuller than if the opposition party were in power.

The opposition would say that it is irrelevant because the present administration has changed the way such volume statistics are collected.

The philosopher would say that, if the glass was in the forest and no one was there to see it, would it be half anything?

The economist would say that, in real terms, the glass is 25% fuller than at the same time last year.

The banker would say that the glass has just under 50% of its net worth in liquid assets.

The psychiatrist would ask, "What did your mother say about the glass?"

The physicist would say that the volume of this cylinder is divided into two equal parts; one a colorless, odorless liquid, the other a colorless, odorless gas. Thus the cylinder is neither full nor empty. Rather, each half of the cylinder is full, one with a gas, one with a liquid.

The seasoned drinker would say that the glass doesn''t have enough ice in it."

Jokes and Humor- Half full or half Empty"
SuperKruddKid
SuperKruddKid
42 posts
Farmer

well if i filled it up halfway i think it as half full, but if i just drank half of it i think it as a half empty

Showing 1-15 of 64