ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better Rock music or Pop music? YOU DECIDE!

159 40543
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I love music and listen to many different types of generes. I was wondering with all this pop music we hear know what is better music rock or pop.

Leave your interesting and creative responsis below!

• 159 Replies
FALLEN950
FALLEN950
162 posts
Nomad

I personally think that rock is the better genre. You can wrap so many different genres into "Rock" like classic rock, alternative, indie, modern rock, metal, heavy metal, screamo, black metal, death metal, and deathcore. Personally I like listening to rock because most of the songs and lyrics I can relate to. I think that rock is more emotional and you can get more enjoyment out of rock.

With Pop, you get just a few genres, like: rap, hip-hop, dubstep, and a few others. Pop is more open I think, and it's more free flowing. So much can come out of pop, and it's more upbeat at times.

Although both genres have their high points, I believe that rock is the superior genre of music.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Rock is just chords played really loud over random warbling,while pop is syncronized garbage.

You named both and they are both a perfect example of what music usually is JodiahFire: synchronised use of instruments... =P

Although both genres have their high points, I believe that rock is the superior genre of music.

Amen brother... Amen! =)
SacretNight
SacretNight
15 posts
Nomad

Pop is better then Rock because pop music energizes people more.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 31
Pop: 15

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Pop is more modern and currently cultural. I do like Rock though. :P However Pop is probably the better of the two.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Rock, definitely the best of all IMO. I like the guitar riffs and the drum beats, but what makes rock greater is the vocals and their lyrics. It talks more about how the world is problematic or-

Rock is more serious than pop. Pop is mostly about the love, the drugs, the sex. I just like Rock. Call me weird, but I like Heavy Metal better than Metal.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

They are both awesome types of music.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Pop is better then Rock because pop music energizes people more.

And you based that assumption upon? (o.O)

Rock music energizes just as much people you know! The only difference between the two is that a lot of bands and artists are defined to be Pop music and thus the amount of music in that genre is WAY bigger than the amount of bands and artists that are listed within the genre of Rock music.

It's a matter of volume here, but the effect is pretty much the same if you ask me! =)

Pop is mostly about the love, the drugs, the sex.

LOL And where did the famous phrase "Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll" go to then? That can't be based upon a coincidence here... both genres have a pretty equal percentage of songs with a basis of love, so that's not viable if you ask me!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

in that genre is WAY bigger than the amount of bands and artists that are listed within the genre of Rock music.

Nah....metal is a sub category of Rock either way. They both have so many artists, it would be redundant to count.

Pop is mostly about the love, the drugs, the sex.

Aren't the majority of songs about love in one way or another....lust, romance, teen love, puppy love, heart breaks, songs tend to revolve around these, genre or not.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Nah....metal is a sub category of Rock either way. They both have so many artists, it would be redundant to count.

Really? Hmmm... I guess we have a different opinion on that there then... I really think the amount of artists in the Pop genre is far greater than the amount of artists in the Rock genre, even if you include the Metal genre to it... =P

Aren't the majority of songs about love in one way or another....lust, romance, teen love, puppy love, heart breaks, songs tend to revolve around these, genre or not.

I even believe they did a survey on that in the past and the single most used topic in songs has always been 'Love' in some form! It's a strong topic, so lots of songs and lyrics to come up with on that...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Really? Hmmm... I guess we have a different opinion on that there then... I really think the amount of artists in the Pop genre is far greater than the amount of artists in the Rock genre, even if you include the Metal genre to it... =P

Well, many of the metal scenes are without say, underground, and hence less famous, and hence less recognizable!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Well, many of the metal scenes are without say, underground, and hence less famous, and hence less recognizable!

So you chopped off your own legs there mister... if they are underground now, most people haven't heard of them and thus can't form an opinion about them... this makes them being excluded from the count to 'which genre is bigger'! HA!
Brbgn
Brbgn
87 posts
Nomad

This really depends on the situation.In general Rock will be better but if you are doing a mad party,rock won't work most of the time.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 33
Pop: 18

Please keep voting on your favourite genre.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

Rock is awesome but I like Pop. Not all pop is autotune trash lip syncing. Look at Adele and Lady Gaga, they both sing amazing live, they actually have talent unlike Ke$ha and artists like her :/ So.. Pop for me :P

Showing 106-120 of 159