ForumsThe Tavernwho doesn't tv and why?wait who doesnt!!??!!

46 7314
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

everyone SHOULD LOVE tv and no one shouldn't 1.LOVEIT2.DREAMIT 3. BELIEVE IT!!!

• 46 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I accidentally the verb.

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do eat in front of the TV mostly, and that seems to work for me because that's when the news is on so I know whats happening in the world.

Oh, and I watch a bit of sport I guess.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I dislike watching TV shows, really the only thing I'll watch on TV is sports

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I DVR everything so I can skip the commercials and I watch sports mostly or the premium channels to watch a good action movie like The Transporter for example and a few shows like The Colbert Report,The Daily Show, the news and good TV Series like Homeland, Band of Brothers (best series ever), etc.

I don't usually watch it for more than 2 hours a day, unless I watch the Olympics but here in the US it's mostly presented on NBC which is pure garbage BTW.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I watch TV on Netflix, but I don't watch actual TV when it's on TV. I watch it when I want to watch it, not when society tells me to.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

But you are doing somthing on a computer (unless you are watching TV on your computer). TV is simply sitting in front of a box and watching thing that will not help you in life. (Maybe some TV shows can help you, but you don't watch any "good" TV shows XD)

natgeo, n-tv...there are so many channels to learn something while watching t.v., besides that, how can you learn something from the internet if you play games?

do you stand or sit in front of your computer? sarcasm: i float upside-down and my computer too.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I never watch tv. To much time wasted, to much brainpower wasted. Why do you think I'm here? It just encourages stupidity and lack of imagination.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I don't actually watch TV that much, since there isn't much on. If I do watch, it's the Food Network (not the how to cook shows though) or Discovery.

If I want to watch something, I go to youtube. Other than that, I'd rather read or communicate with other people as a form of entertainment.

Thaytekk
Thaytekk
3 posts
Bard

My house doesn't even get TV, if I want to watch a TV show, i get it on DVD from the library, but mostly I read books and manga in my free time.

(i do watch TV if I stay in a hotel or something)

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

Why should i love tv? Anyway... i don't watch tv at all since i spend too much time on pc! xD

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I don't tv. Mainly because tv isn't a verb, and therefore you cannot "do" tv.

Joking aside, I watch TV when I'm bored and have nothing better to do, or while I'm doing homework. (For some reason having some background noise that isn't annoying as hell keeps me more focused)
Sometimes I watch parts of shows just because I walk by a TV which is on, and will stick around to the commercial break/end of the show.

Preferably I'll read a book, but I have trouble keeping books around to read.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I don't really watch TV my reasoning is that I don't do anything productive while watching tv and I don't do anything productive when playing video games (at least it isn't productive in my parents point of veiw)

Also an avg movie lasts about 2 hours and I spend about 2 hours playing video games

I like playing video games more than watching TV so instead of watching TV i just play video games, but I do watch TV for the news because that's productive.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

...but I do watch TV for the news because that's productive.

It's productive if you want to know what the weather is going to be or which road is blocked so you know you won't be late for school or work, etc.
The news are not always objective. For example when they talk about the conflict between the Palestinians and Jews on American TV, what they tell you is very different.
A few months ago I saw on French TV that some Jewish settlers bulldozed an old Palestinian woman's olive trees that belonged to her family for generations and was a source of income for her so they could build houses for more settlers. I never heard of it on NBC, CBS, or FOX.
Why is that?
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Im not that entertained by tv. I watch it occasionaly but you know... i prefer reading ofer tv

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

their r only a few things i watch on tv. one is movies, another is falling skies, another is the simpsons, and another is sports. and of corse their are video games. i prefer videog games over tv because with video games, you are forced to use some brain activity.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I only watch Syfy, and also a few DVR shows my mum records. Only the ones that actually are worth watching, though.

Overall, I spend more time sleeping then I do watching TV.

Showing 16-30 of 46