ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188857
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

You can say you're convinced that Judas wasn't Jesus' friend, and that'd be fine; however I would call it wrong to say you believe it is so only because that gospel is not canonical.

I do beleive Judas was Jesus' friend but what I don't belive is that Jesus told him to bretray him. Seems a little skeptical would someone perpusly get someone killed I don't think so. Jesus was human so he was eventually going to die one way or the other. I don't see a reason why Jesus would tell his disciple to turn him into the Romans.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Seems a little skeptical would someone perpusly get someone killed I don't think so.

If we work under the assumption that Jesus was a real person, it would make sense if his wishes were to become a martyr for a cause they believed in. Such as creating a foundation to a religion.

I don't see a reason why Jesus would tell his disciple to turn him into the Romans.

Stepping outside the realm of "Jesus is real" the part where Judas has to identify Jesus actually makes no sense since those he was identifying him to already would have seen and thus known what Jesus looked liked prior to this event.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Personally, I believe Judas was Jesus's friend. I believe Judas betrayed Jesus on his own will, and it doesn;t make any sense for Jesus to say to Judas "Betray me, please!".

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

and it doesn;t make any sense for Jesus to say to Judas "Betray me, please!".

Despite my pointing out a very reasonable explanation as to why someone might ask for such a thing?
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

If it was already going to happen, though, Jesus wouldn't have to encourage it. I still think Judas did it all on his own will.

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

I believe it. Im Christian and i believe i would go to heaven. Ive done some bad things but god forgives all who believe. I had a dream about this once... on what heaven looked like.. what it was described in the bible was what was in the dream.. So Yea i believe... imma do as much good as i can in life. I will try not to do bad things but god will forgive as fortold in the bible.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself. More power to you, man. Good debating

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

If it was already going to happen, though, Jesus wouldn't have to encourage it. I still think Judas did it all on his own will.

From a story telling perspective perhaps, but if we want to put this in any sort of historical perspective then we really can't say that.

I believe it. Im Christian and i believe i would go to heaven. Ive done some bad things but god forgives all who believe. I had a dream about this once... on what heaven looked like.. what it was described in the bible was what was in the dream.. So Yea i believe... imma do as much good as i can in life. I will try not to do bad things but god will forgive as fortold in the bible.

So you heard about how Heaven is described in the Bible and had a dream about it? How does a dream about something you heard about demonstrate anything?

Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself. More power to you, man. Good debating

Seriously this is face palm worthy. All he did was talk about how he had a dream. That doesn't do anything for debate.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I really have misgivings about this dodgy afterlife business. So God forgives, yet there still is a Hell? Hmmmmmm......
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

To me it seems the more that science proves the more it proves there is a god.

How so?

For instance, the big bang happening was a 1 trillion to 1

Since it happened, wouldn't that be more like 100%?

Also I believe me being a Roman Catholic that you can repent your sins. Then I believe Heaven is a Utopia and you can have like a room with whatever yo uwant in it. Then HE double hockey sticks is a torturous place where you're doing paperwork all day.

So only Roman Catholics go to heaven then?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I guess that would explain why the better educated someone is the less likely they are to hold theistic beliefs. ...Wait?

For instance, the big bang happening was a 1 trillion to 1.

You can't apply odds like that to something that has already happened. We also only have a sample size of 1 for the universe. Because of this the Big Bang odds are 1 in 1.
Beating Astronomical Odds
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

It doesn't really change since science only describes how the world works, not whether there is a god or not. If anything, it makes it less likely by rendering a deity more and more obsolete.

Btw I'd really like to go to Sovngarde when I'm dead they've got an awesome big hall with meat and mead and that sky was beautiful.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

If you're a Warrior Cat and you fight as a warrior you go to StarClan :3

What does that have to do with this thread?
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Lmao.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Well that's their heaven. For cats. I guess.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

Then I believe Heaven is a Utopia and you can have like a room with whatever yo uwant in it. Then HE double hockey sticks is a torturous place where you're doing paperwork all day.

it's whatever you imagine it to be, because it's only in your imagination.

...begone troll.
Showing 511-525 of 811