ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188856
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well I don't think you will be blinded since you won't have eyes in Heaven you are just a soul.

What is a soul?
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

What I was trying to say with the story of Jesus' resurection is that the prophecy of the Messiah(Son of God-Jesus) was made by prophets long before Jesus was alive. So when Jesus was born and perfomed miracles, and taught people about the Christain faith and God part of the prophecy came ture. But the last part was that Jesus after he died would be resurrected by God. Many people thought that this could never happen but in the end it came true and made the prophecy come true.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

What is a soul?

1.The spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
2.A person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity.

Click here to learn more!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Well I don't think you will be blinded since you won't have eyes in Heaven you are just a soul.

So even if such a place exists we still couldn't see heaven?

What I was trying to say with the story of Jesus' resurection is that the prophecy of the Messiah(Son of God-Jesus) was made by prophets long before Jesus was alive. So when Jesus was born and perfomed miracles, and taught people about the Christain faith and God part of the prophecy came ture. But the last part was that Jesus after he died would be resurrected by God. Many people thought that this could never happen but in the end it came true and made the prophecy come true.

Someone came up with a story of a messiah then someone later on continued the story of that messiah showing up, possibly using a real person of a vague point of reference. Non of the miracles including the resurrection can be said to be true and given how inconsistent the stories are to one another on details it's even more likely just made up.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Someone came up with a story of a messiah then someone later on continued the story of that messiah showing up, possibly using a real person of a vague point of reference. Non of the miracles including the resurrection can be said to be true and given how inconsistent the stories are to one another on details it's even more likely just made up.

Alright so you said someone just came up with a story. Well no, prophets like Moses, David, Solomon, Isaiah, and Jeremiah were inspired by God to write the prophecies of Jesus. Also people didn't include specific details in their writings because they had different writing styles back then.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

So the people that wrote these books in Jesus' time focussed on the main messeage and not the details like dates, times and ages of people because that's how they wrote in their time.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Alright so you said someone just came up with a story. Well no, prophets like Moses, David, Solomon, Isaiah, and Jeremiah were inspired by God to write the prophecies of Jesus.

How would you know? All you're going on is just believing this is so.

Also people didn't include specific details in their writings because they had different writing styles back then.

Okay easy to find since it's pretty early into the story and I have the links right there for anyone to use.

What caused the soldier (centurion) to knowledge Jesus as the son of God?

A) Jesus crying out just before he died?
B) witnessing an Earth quake and zombie saint going into town after Jesus died?
C) Seeing blood AND water come out of Jesus after he stabbed Jesus with a spear?

If you answered all of the above you got it right. Depending on the Gospel you read. This isn't just different styles of writing, the story itself is altered. Read the **** thing!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

and not the details like dates, times and ages of people because that's how they wrote in their time.

Genesis 5 says otherwise.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Genesis 5 says otherwise.

I was talking about the new testement. Also that is one little chapter in Genesis that has ages of people. There are millions of chapter in the whole bible that don't have ages of people.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

millions

Hyperbole much? Total chapters is about 1200. Total verses is about 31000. Nowhere near millions.

I was talking about the new testement.

Mark 5:42
Luke 2:37
I'll find more.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Found some more. Any particular reason you specified the NT about not giving ages?

Luke 2:42
Luke 8:42
Luke 3:1
Acts 7:23

Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

Im athiest, but realy, I dont believe in god, wheres the proof? Theres proof for science, but not god, if god was so divine and all, why doest he reveal himself to us, and wheres the proof from the bible, some crazy person in the past probably just written all of that, and later on somebody who found it written it into 'religions', I think that its all fake. Whats this "Divine overlord doing" Why not help us?

SchoolBus
SchoolBus
29 posts
Nomad

In my oppinion - and you should take it serious - Heaven is: at the final moment of your life you feel great about your "episode", looking back all the great feelings about living in truth, acting good and had harmless life, made most people happy around you
but Hell is: when youre looking back to your life and it turns out you've been the real mother****er to all you surrounded you, had bad ideas and wrong decisions but you cannot help it, so can't change anything!

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

In my oppinion - and you should take it serious - Heaven is: at the final moment of your life you feel great about your "episode", looking back all the great feelings about living in truth, acting good and had harmless life, made most people happy around you
but Hell is: when youre looking back to your life and it turns out you've been the real mother****er to all you surrounded you, had bad ideas and wrong decisions but you cannot help it, so can't change anything!

Except you have no proof for this. You're just repeating what you've been told. We have no reason whatsoever to believe in any afterlife.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Except you have no proof for this. You're just repeating what you've been told. We have no reason whatsoever to believe in any afterlife.

I don't know if he implied it indirectly, but he actually did not explicitely mention any kind of afterlife. He compared two different state of mind right before death; like, feeling bad for having been an ***, or feeling good for the things you've done.
Showing 541-555 of 811