ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188858
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I really have misgivings about this dodgy afterlife business. So God forgives, yet there still is a Hell? Hmmmmmm......
It was here that it got bad:

Ive done some bad things but god forgives all who believe.

So, you can be as bad as you want as long as you believe in God, but do one bad thing and don't believe in him, you're screwed.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Since it happened, wouldn't that be more like 100%?

Proof that it really happened, please.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Proof that it really happened, please.

Here you go....
Evidence for the Big Bang
The Evidence For The Big Bang In 10 Little Minutes
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Pressed submit a little too early. I just wanted to say how come there hasn't been any talk about hell for a while? We need to talk about Hell too.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Then I believe Heaven is a Utopia

The roots of the word utopia means "no" and &quotlace". The definition of utopia is a perfect place that can never exist, and I'm pretty sure you're not saying heaven doesn't exist.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Here's alittle insight on the Resuraction of Jesus.

So after Jesus died he was wrapped in linen cloth and put in a tomb. It was guarded by Roman guards but one day they were frightened away by Jesus alive and the tomb being open. Mary and another women were walking to the tomb when they saw the guards running away. They imideatly went to the tomb to see Jesus was gone and a angel was there and told them what happend. Jesus later appeard to his disciples and then rose to Heaven with angels through the clouds. In some descriptions Heaven was a bright light that Jesus went into. What do you think of Heaven?

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I summarized the story above and left some things out. Did not have enough time to type it all out.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Who was there and other for the resurrection and other details differ depending on which Gospel you read.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

So after Jesus died he was wrapped in linen cloth and put in a tomb. It was guarded by Roman guards but one day they were frightened away by Jesus alive and the tomb being open. Mary and another women were walking to the tomb when they saw the guards running away. They imideatly went to the tomb to see Jesus was gone and a angel was there and told them what happend. Jesus later appeard to his disciples and then rose to Heaven with angels through the clouds. In some descriptions Heaven was a bright light that Jesus went into. What do you think of Heaven?

Congratulations, you can regurgitate. Unfortunately for you, repeating what you're told doesn't make it right, or provide evidence.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Even though you are catholic, and I am baptist, here is something we agree on. Good explanation, man. Couldn't have done it better myself.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Kasic, lighten up, man. Don't grill him.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

In some descriptions Heaven was a bright light that Jesus went into. What do you think of Heaven?

Apparently, it is thought to be, well, bright. And this in the middle of the day as I assume (?). So, does that mean that heaven is constantly flooded in light, making it impossible to see anything?
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Even though you are catholic, and I am baptist, here is something we agree on. Good explanation, man. Couldn't have done it better myself.

Quoting Mage from earlier...

Seriously this is face palm worthy.

Kasic, lighten up, man. Don't grill him.

All he did was repeat what he's been told. That doesn't add anything at all. Nor does your comment saying, "I couldn't have said it better myself" as if saying that somehow strengthens your argument.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

The four Gospels from the point Jesus dies to his resurrection. Read through each one and see how many discrepancies you can find. No discrepancies awarded when all four Gospels agree with each other, only when at least one of the four diverges from the others.
Mark 15:37-16:8
Matthew 27:50-28:8
Luke 23:46-24:12
John 19:30-20:13
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

So, does that mean that heaven is constantly flooded in light, making it impossible to see anything?

Well I don't think you will be blinded since you won't have eyes in Heaven you are just a soul.
Showing 526-540 of 811