ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182646
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

here's a question do you belive that you will go to Heaven or Hell?

Ditto to 314d1.

Do you even think we deserve to go to Heaven even if we do bad deeds in our lives?

What are you being deserving of?

Tell you what just believe me and everything I say, I'm not going to give you any reason to believe you just have to. If you do this and kiss my *** and grovel for forgiveness of the most horrible act of not believing me before I will forgive you by killing a puppy. I know you really deserved to die but hey I forgave you, so the puppy had to die. How else do you think you can be forgiven?
Better yet if you continue to grovel and kiss my *** for the rest of your life. I will reward you with the most awesome reward of being able to grovel and kiss my *** for all eternity! Sounds great huh?! But if you don't or you stop groveling at some point, this guy named Stan is going to come over and keep constantly hurting you. He can do this for all eternity by the way.

So here's a question do you believe me or do you have Stan come over and constantly hurt you?

Do you even think you even deserve to have Stan come over and hurt you constantly?
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I'd commit suicide thinking that if I did something bad I'd spend eternity on fire being tortured.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Tell you what just believe me and everything I say, I'm not going to give you any reason to believe you just have to. If you do this and kiss my *** and grovel for forgiveness of the most horrible act of not believing me before I will forgive you by killing a puppy. I know you really deserved to die but hey I forgave you, so the puppy had to die. How else do you think you can be forgiven?
Better yet if you continue to grovel and kiss my *** for the rest of your life. I will reward you with the most awesome reward of being able to grovel and kiss my *** for all eternity! Sounds great huh?! But if you don't or you stop groveling at some point, this guy named Stan is going to come over and keep constantly hurting you. He can do this for all eternity by the way.

So here's a question do you believe me or do you have Stan come over and constantly hurt you?

Do you even think you even deserve to have Stan come over and hurt you constantly?

have you seen this video? it is like your words:

god exist!

so, if i believe into god i get to heaven even if i killed and tortured thousand peoples (including babys) just for fun? and if i do not believe in god but was a good and nice person (who helped others just to see them being happy and not to get a reward) then i get sent to hell just because of my dis-believe in god? very logic......if god is like that then she/he/it is a baby who wants attention.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

It's not really like that, like we kiss God's *** and worship him everyday and every hour. It's more like we believe in him and most people just go to church once a week or less and we try to do our best to do good deeds. But if we commit a sin we can be forgived by God if we go to the sacrament of reconciliation which is done by a preiest and if we are truly sorry for our sins we will be forgived. Then if we are going to die we can get the sacrament of annionting of the sick which is done by the church and when we get this it clears all our sins and makes us pure and holy so then when we die we can hopefully be with God in Heaven.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why are you made dependent of priests, ointments and other rituals? I thought each christian is supposed to have a direct relationship with god, in this case religion as institution IMO only has a role of guide, not of key, to heaven.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It's not really like that, like we kiss God's *** and worship him everyday and every hour.

Really? If a team of doctors saves someones life who is usually the first and often the only one to be thanked? If someone beats the odds who get's thanked? If anything fortunate happens in your life who get's the credit? If you're having a meal is it the person who prepared the meal, the store you bought the meal from, those who prepared the food or the people who harvested the food harvested who is thanked for that meal?

I'm willing to bet the first words to be said in any of those situations is "thank God".

But if we commit a sin we can be forgived by God if we go to the sacrament of reconciliation which is done by a preiest and if we are truly sorry for our sins we will be forgived.

Where you ask for mercy from God or as I put it "grovel for forgiveness".

Seeing as you're not believing me you're going to end up having Stan come over and inflict harm on you.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

so, if i believe into god i get to heaven even if i killed and tortured thousand peoples (including babys) just for fun? and if i do not believe in god but was a good and nice person (who helped others just to see them being happy and not to get a reward) then i get sent to hell just because of my dis-believe in god? very logic......if god is like that then she/he/it is a baby who wants attention.

But if we commit a sin we can be forgived by God if we go to the sacrament of reconciliation which is done by a preiest and if we are truly sorry for our sins we will be forgived. Then if we are going to die we can get the sacrament of annionting of the sick which is done by the church and when we get this it clears all our sins and makes us pure and holy so then when we die we can hopefully be with God in Heaven.

sounds logic, all i have to do is, even if i kill/harm/hurt people daily, to believe in good and beg him to forgive all my sins. even if i committed all the seven deadly sins (and that daily/weekly) then i have just to believe in god and ask a priest and/or god for forgifness and then i kome to heaven? sounds like an easy way to get to heaven!

http://www.demotivation.us/sarcasm-1263967.html
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Seeing as you're not believing me you're going to end up having Stan come over and inflict harm on you.

It's not that I don't believe you it's just that I'm sticking with my opinoin.

sounds logic, all i have to do is, even if i kill/harm/hurt people daily, to believe in good and beg him to forgive all my sins. even if i committed all the seven deadly sins (and that daily/weekly) then i have just to believe in god and ask a priest and/or god for forgifness and then i kome to heaven? sounds like an easy way to get to heaven!

To be honest I'm not an exert on this so I don't really know everything. But I don't think it's like I can do everything and just ask for forgiveness. Because God is the one that forgives you and he knows everything so he knows if you are truly sorry.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'll ask again, do you think nothing of the fact you're apparently dependant of other humans and rituals in order to get forgiven, even though you're supposed to have a direct connection to god? Why would you need oils if god can see straight in your consciousness? Is religion as an institution really necessary?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

To be honest I'm not an exert on this so I don't really know everything. But I don't think it's like I can do everything and just ask for forgiveness. Because God is the one that forgives you and he knows everything so he knows if you are truly sorry.

So you can do anything, as long as you are "Sorry" for it.

"Hitler....You genocided my chosen people!"

"Yes....But I am sorry."

"Oh. Then it is cool bro."

Wow I am tired.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I am Catholic. I am proud of it. I say my prayers every night, before bed. I believe God is real. It shows in almost anything, and everything.

I believe Heaven looks like what your idea of Paradise is. If your paradise in your imagination is a big field with sun shining and apple trees everywhere? Then that would be Heaven to you. If your idea of Paradis is a cloudy horizon on a beach with stars twinkling everywhere, I believe that would then be your Heaven.

Hell is almost the same, but opposite-in a bad way. If you didn't understand me, here is what I think about Hell. I believe Hell is filled with your worst fears and dreams. If you completely HATE spiders. There will be Turanchulas everywhere. If you HATE frogs (though I don't know how you could hate frogs)? They would be everywhere.

That is my idea. I think the end of the world will happen when nobody guesses it.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I am Catholic. I am proud of it

Oh, really? You might need to say that a few more times, I don't think I am getting the message.

It shows in almost anything, and everything.

Care to give a few good examples? I can't see to much god in Mengele work...

I believe Heaven looks like what your idea of Paradise is. If your paradise in your imagination is a big field with sun shining and apple trees everywhere? Then that would be Heaven to you. If your idea of Paradis is a cloudy horizon on a beach with stars twinkling everywhere, I believe that would then be your Heaven.

Sounds...Lonely. Would you be alone in your own paradise? I am sure my paradise would require my family, what if they don't go to heaven? What if my idea of paradise involves women and drink? That is how many religions celebrate the afterlife...

Hell is almost the same, but opposite-in a bad way. If you didn't understand me, here is what I think about Hell. I believe Hell is filled with your worst fears and dreams. If you completely HATE spiders. There will be Turanchulas everywhere. If you HATE frogs (though I don't know how you could hate frogs)? They would be everywhere.

So if my idea of torture involves my family and friends being tortured in front of me, witch is definitely one of the worst things that can happen, then my friends and family would be tortured in front of me for all eternity? Even if they would have gotten to heaven?

Your ideas of heaven and hell really don't work when you add more then one person.

That is my idea. I think the end of the world will happen when nobody guesses it.

What do you base this off of, exactly?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I am Catholic. I am proud of it. I say my prayers every night, before bed. I believe God is real. It shows in almost anything, and everything.

thats not a reason for being catholic. thats a reason (kinda) for being theist.

my hell would be a place filled with people who cant accept me. and honestly... all those people would get to your heaven. hell is actually filled with so many good people according to christianity.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Wow 314d1. You are really on my case today. I don't give a **** what you think. Rant all you want, but eat ****. Okay? Get out, hater.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Wow 314d1. You are really on my case today. I don't give a **** what you think. Rant all you want, but eat ****. Okay? Get out, hater.

^lol.

This is a debate forum. If you were expecting to come in here, say what you believe and then think that everyone would thank you for sharing, you were mistaken.
Showing 766-780 of 811