ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182515
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It's not that I don't believe you it's just that I'm sticking with my opinoin.

If you do that you're going against me. So you're going to end up having Stan come over and hurt you.

I believe God is real. It shows in almost anything, and everything.

Really? This would mean in his big creation (us) he did it adding at least 180 parts that have little to no function. Put this creation on a planets that is mostly uninhabitable for this big creation. (and this is something this omnipotent being took days working on) Out of the parts that we can live on is plagued with natural disasters that will kill us. All of this is a speck in a universe that is 99% uninhabitable to his most special creation and will kill us.

If what around us shows there is a God, it shows this God is a bumbling idiot at best.

I believe Heaven looks like what your idea of Paradise is. If your paradise in your imagination is a big field with sun shining and apple trees everywhere? Then that would be Heaven to you. If your idea of Paradis is a cloudy horizon on a beach with stars twinkling everywhere, I believe that would then be your Heaven.

Hell is almost the same, but opposite-in a bad way. If you didn't understand me, here is what I think about Hell. I believe Hell is filled with your worst fears and dreams. If you completely HATE spiders. There will be Turanchulas everywhere. If you HATE frogs (though I don't know how you could hate frogs)? They would be everywhere.

That's not how the Bible you are subscribing to describes it. So I can only guess as to what orifice this is coming from.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I believe Heaven looks like what your idea of Paradise is. If your paradise in your imagination is a big field with sun shining and apple trees everywhere? Then that would be Heaven to you. If your idea of Paradis is a cloudy horizon on a beach with stars twinkling everywhere, I believe that would then be your Heaven.

Hell is almost the same, but opposite-in a bad way. If you didn't understand me, here is what I think about Hell. I believe Hell is filled with your worst fears and dreams. If you completely HATE spiders. There will be Turanchulas everywhere. If you HATE frogs (though I don't know how you could hate frogs)? They would be everywhere.

Psh, please. This is religion, you're not allowed to have your own beliefs.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Really? Wow. My beliefs be ****ed then. Okay, well..... I can believe what I want. And, MageGrey? My answer to your reply to my post>>>

That's not how the Bible you are subscribing to describes it. So I can only guess as to what orifice this is coming from.

I know it is not from the Bible; But face it:

Things change. I'll bet the Bible many of the world read today has evolved from many other different stories; And, MageGrey? One more thing:

I thought you were Atheist? If so, then why did you happen to be snooping around in the Bible? Think about that, and also, what does the Bible say about Heaven and Hell?

Answer that, smart-one.

-Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Let me re-post part of my previous comment...

Really? Wow. My beliefs be ****ed then. Okay, well..... I can believe what I want. And, MageGrey? My answer to your reply to my post>>>

What I meant to say:

Really? Wow. My beliefs be dam`ned then. Okay, well..... I can believe what I want. And, MageGrey? My answer to your reply to my post>>>

Happy birthday people

Yeah, right.

-Mickeyryn
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Really? Wow. My beliefs be ****ed then. Okay, well..... I can believe what I want

And we can tell you that your insane, unfounded, idiotic beliefs are insane, idiotic, and unfounded. Such is the way of the world.

nd, MageGrey? My answer to your reply to my post>>>

But I get no reply? So jealous.

I know it is not from the Bible;

So he is right. You pulled it out of your ear hole.

Things change. I'll bet the Bible many of the world read today has evolved from many other different stories; And, MageGrey? One more thing:

Yep. Isn't that just another reason why it should not be taken as fact? What do you base this off of?

I thought you were Atheist? If so, then why did you happen to be snooping around in the Bible? Think about that, and also, what does the Bible say about Heaven and Hell?

Since apparently atheists can't read bibles? They just burn under the touch of a nonbeliever?

Answer that, smart-one.

...Alright. Just keep ignoring my posts then.

Happy birthday people

Yeah, right.

Frosty the snowman? His bipolar brother?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Okay, well..... I can believe what I want.

Yes you can. I don't think anyone is disputing that. What is being disputed is the validity of those beliefs.

Things change. I'll bet the Bible many of the world read today has evolved from many other different stories;

True, so why buy into it and believe it's real (as I think you might have mention once or twice that you're a Catholic, thus believing this stuff.) if you know it's just a bunch of made up fiction for the most part?

I thought you were Atheist? If so, then why did you happen to be snooping around in the Bible?

1) I wasn't always an atheist.
2) If I'm going to believe or not believe something I wanted to know what it was I was going to believe/not believe and what better way than to read it for myself.
3) To field questions and such as the one you're asking that i will cover shortly.
4) To act as a defensive measure against theistic claims.
5) I have an interest in mythology and holy texts get my interest in the same way stories of Odin or Zeus do.
6) Even though the Bible is self is boring as hell at times, given it's cultural impact makes it an interesting read from that perspective.

what does the Bible say about Heaven and Hell?

We find a description of Heaven and Hell in Revelations.

Rev 4:1-11 (KJV)
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Interestingly enough Heaven is apparently not as eternal as usually thought as Revelations describes a new Heaven.

Rev 21:1 (KJV)
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And apparently anyone in this new heaven will experience no pain and what not.

Rev 21:4 (KJV)
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Through out the New Testament we get depictions of Hell as being basically a pit of fire. Just for a couple of examples of this.

Mark 9:43 (KJV)
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Revelations 21:8 (KJV)
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

your the most cherry picking christian ive ever seen. have you told any other catholic christian about your belief? id like to know what the church would say about it.

yes, you can believe what you want and yes, the bible probably changed many timestill today.

but if im not wrong catholic is the branch of christianity that sees the bible as literal as possible.

now i ask you this, why did you change THIS "fact" from the bible? because it suits you? there are PROVEN explanations to so many things for example how christianity doesnt necesairly say that non-believers go to hell or that homosexuality is not a sin. those beliefs are very accepting, kind and loving. but you choose to change something else that pretty much doesnt matter at all. why did you not decide to believe in the accepting changes? maybe because they dont affect you?

you just reached a whole new level of being hypocritical.
GraySpiritStag
GraySpiritStag
10 posts
Nomad

Is slavery in the bible?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Is slavery in the bible?

Yep, as well as the proper guidelines for capturing nearby villages for slaves, and a guide for keeping slaves.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Okay, well..... I can believe what I want.

and you are the only one who is allowed to believe what you want? what i try to say is, if you can believe what you want, then everyone can believe what they want too. if some people want to believe that there is a flying spaghetti monster for example...

Since apparently atheists can't read bibles? They just burn under the touch of a nonbeliever?

happens to me every time i touch a bible. do not ask me what happens when i go into a church...

Psh, please. This is religion, you're not allowed to have your own beliefs.

lol, that made my day.
GraySpiritStag
GraySpiritStag
10 posts
Nomad

Yep, as well as the proper guidelines for capturing nearby villages for slaves, and a guide for keeping slaves.

How can something so immoral and disgusting be approved in the bible?
Also, since it is in the bible, does that mean slavery is approved by Jesus and God?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

How can something so immoral and disgusting be approved in the bible?

Pretty easy, the Bible is full of immoral and disgusting things.

List of Cruelty and violence in the Bible.
List of injustice in the Bible.

I do recommend doing your own research (and I don't mean listen to apologetics websites.) If you want to read the Bible or look up passages for yourself here are some site that could help.
http://bible.cc/
http://www.biblegateway.com/
matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

i am a christian and i belive the only way to heaven is through jesus but what about people who dont have a religon and are freaking saints i mean if they are just perfect but they get denied heaven cuz they dont belive in god well the heaven is really a bunch of bulls***

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I will be in Sovnguard soon...
I believe in the afterlife, but I also believe in reincarnation.
The bes reincarnation is a cat. Only the best kind of person gets to be a cat, and heroes get to be proud cats like lions and tigers. Horrible people become things like insects. Bad people who deserve a chance become dogs. After your first reincarnation, you go to the afterlife. If you are slewn there, you come back as a human.
And it starts again.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I believe in the afterlife, but I also believe in reincarnation.
The bes reincarnation is a cat. Only the best kind of person gets to be a cat, and heroes get to be proud cats like lions and tigers. Horrible people become things like insects. Bad people who deserve a chance become dogs. After your first reincarnation, you go to the afterlife. If you are slewn there, you come back as a human.
And it starts again.

...What do you base this on?
Showing 781-795 of 811