ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182614
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Yep, as well as the proper guidelines for capturing nearby villages for slaves, and a guide for keeping slaves.

Slavery is allowed in Islam too but there are only two ways for person to be made a slave.
A) born slave.
B)Captured as a prisoner of war(then its on the rulers discretion if he wants to enslave them or not)
But wars could not be waged for the sole purpose of making slaves, if someone does so, he is not a mujahed but he is a bandit and his persecution is state's responsibility.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Slavery is allowed in Islam too but there are only two ways for person to be made a slave.

Wait, do you still believe the slave stuff where you are from? Most modern people figured out that this was insane...

A) born slave.

Completely unfair... "Your parents where slaves. So you are to. What is this you keep yelling about all men being created equal?"

B)Captured as a prisoner of war(then its on the rulers discretion if he wants to enslave them or not)
But wars could not be waged for the sole purpose of making slaves, if someone does so, he is not a mujahed but he is a bandit and his persecution is state's responsibility.

"OIY! Leader guy! Is it OK if I keep this six year old virgin as a sex slave? After all, this nation did declare war on us. Something about taking the other nation's daughters as sex slaves."

"Sure! Of course it is ok to take random slaves! After all it is a just war and thus we can take as many slaves as we want!".

....Does Pakistan still do this? It signed the Geneva Convention (Which has better morals more fit to daily life then your Quran does...) And if it does not, then why not?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

"OIY! Leader guy! Is it OK if I keep this six year old virgin as a sex slave? After all, this nation did declare war on us. Something about taking the other nation's daughters as sex slaves."

"Sure! Of course it is ok to take random slaves! After all it is a just war and thus we can take as many slaves as we want!".

read again and don't try to twist my words

....Does Pakistan still do this? It signed the Geneva Convention (Which has better morals more fit to daily life then your Quran does...) And if it does not, then why not?

allowed not mandatory.
read it carefully before starting your BS train.
Completely unfair... "Your parents where slaves. So you are to. What is this you keep yelling about all men being created equal?"

That is related to racism.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

read again and don't try to twist my words

I read it and it looks accurate...

allowed not mandatory.
read it carefully before starting your BS train.

Doesn't the very fact that it is allowed in your religion but not in documents like the Geneva Convention make the latter more moral?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Missclicked.

That is related to racism.

Then why does your Quran allow racism?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Then why does your Quran allow racism?

where does it allow racism?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

i am a christian and i belive the only way to heaven is through jesus but what about people who dont have a religon and are freaking saints i mean if they are just perfect but they get denied heaven cuz they dont belive in god well the heaven is really a bunch of bulls***

So given your first point of believing one must go through Jesus to get to heaven, then what you're saying in the second point is that heaven is bull****?
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

...What do you base this on?

What is any belief based on?
And what's with talking about slavery on a Heaven and Hell thread?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You can believe something just because you want it to be true or because you were indoctrinated with it. You can also believe something based on facts and evidence indicating what you believe is true.
Titan106
Titan106
24 posts
Peasant

I personally don't believe in heaven or hell, but if there is any evidence that it could be real I might reconsider.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

You can believe something just because you want it to be true or because you were indoctrinated with it. You can also believe something based on facts and evidence indicating what you believe is true.

You can also believe in something silly to make fun of religion in general. i.e. Pastafarians
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You can also believe in something silly to make fun of religion in general. i.e. Pastafarians

That would be more satire of a belief than a belief itself. Flying Spaghetti Monster was intended to make a point of how anything can fill the ambiguous roll of creator in the claims of Intelligent design and had since been expanded on.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

i think it would be good if there was a heaven, but i honestly dont believe it

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

hey, if i want to belief that, somewhere in the world, exist real mythical creatures like a dragon or a unicorn or so) then i belief it, even if people say that mythical creatures do not exist and that i can do nothing to proof that i am right. the same goes for god.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

hey, if i want to belief that, somewhere in the world, exist real mythical creatures like a dragon or a unicorn or so) then i belief it, even if people say that mythical creatures do not exist and that i can do nothing to proof that i am right. the same goes for god.

*believe, proove

There's a difference between belief and hope. Usually a believer is convinced of the existence of a heaven, they do not 'want' to believe it; they already do. But many want to believe in a heaven, many simply hope there is one, because that's what they wish/hope for, out of fear of the lack thereof. It's your right to do so, but you're basically lying to yourself.
Showing 796-810 of 811