ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50773
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I don't really have a store I go to for my clothes. I just look for stuff that fits and I like.

Summer- Shorts(mostly basketball style), T-shirt(just shirts that I see and like)

Winter- Jeans(don't know the brand), Long sleeve shirt(usually just a plain color, mostly Lands End)

All year- Shoes and socks(both Nike). The shoes are running shoes but more just everyday shoes. The socks are white with the Nike symbol.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm not one of those people who notices what brand my clothes are. If you were to ask me where I got the shirt I am wearing, I would know the answer as well as you would (unless you knew the answer; in which case, you'd know better than I).

I tend to buy a fair amount of my clothes at Old Navy or Costco due to those places being cheap, so there's about an 85% chance that I purchased the shirt I am wearing from one of those two places.

I do stick to Nike shoes, though, mainly for the arch support. My feet are severely curved, so if I don't wear proper shoes, there's a chance I might injure myself.

That was all relevant to the current question, right? Just making sure.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Branding isn't something i'm massive on either. It all depends on what looks nice and what's affordable.

I love converse sneakers, but they wear away too fast, so i usually don't bother with them.

I don't know if you guys have Republic in America, but that's one of my favourite brands, i guess.

Ehm, ASOS and Superdry aswell do quite nice clothes.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

vans,a few shirts from hot topic with bands like the black veil brides.other than that killersup usually just wears normal walmart clothes.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Any shirt with a nice image or text does the trick, PLUS band shirts I've been to for a concert.

Next to that Levi's jeans, I never stray from that brand! =)

And to top it off... Harly boots! The regular kind with a steel ring on the side! Good old skool boots always do it for me! These boots are made for... riding a bike! =D

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

My brand is walmart brand jeans with a band shirt. overly caring about your clothing is retarded.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

How do you game? What is your preferred class and method of victory? Who do you fair best/worst against?

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

My preferred gaming style is to be able to do anything. I don't specialize in anything specifically, but get good with everything so I can adapt. I like to figure out everything and then make the best attack with minimal losses/time.

Probably what foils this are teammates who just rush in and give away everything which force me to help support them or we'll be split up.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well, this could change with different games I play, but usually I'll figure out some good strategies to use, and then just use those randomly, but always looking for other strategies that either foil most of my strategies or just are great strategies to use. I don't know if I really explained that correctly though.

Who do I fair worst/best against? Easy.

Worst- Pros

Best- N00bs

About playing styles, usually if you are unable to adapt you're dead, but players who don't get little things down are much easier to beat.

But this really differs, I don't think I would use this for every game I play.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Depends on the game doesn't it? I've played many MMORPGs for one, and I don't stick to any class, though I do like to use tanks just to dish out the hurt and to absorb anything thrown at me.

That being said, for strategy games, I go for mass waves, or if I think I can, I go for shock and awe tactics.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Depends what you are talking about and how much I like the game.

Shooting games- I tend to be that person that runs out guns blazing. Works in some games, in others you just get killed right away. Guess it works when you are really good at the game and playing someone worse then you.

Adventure- I don't tend to be the type of person that explores every nook looking for everything. I usually finish the main storyline or whatever and am finished with it.

For games where you choose your class I am usually a good mix. Usually I go with strength and defense and ignore the magic. If I can be a person with ranged weapons I usually am.

mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

How do you game? What is your preferred class and method of victory? Who do you fair best/worst against?

1. My game is WoW, though i'll mix it up and play X-box games like Skyrim, Space Marines, and too human.

2. I play hunter in WoW. Preferred method of victory: dont die

I fair best against one on one scenarios in PvP, i die quick once i get 3 or 4 on me and get stun-locked.
Cpt0bviousV2
Cpt0bviousV2
19 posts
Nomad

For some reason i play better against pros than n00bs. When i play n00bs i always mess up and fail ;P

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

It depends on the game type I'm playing. I usually play shooters so I'll start with those,
I Usually go with an assault rifle and another heavy weapon or a machine gun. I use cover- based tactics (even in non- cover based shooting games, i.e. Gears of War versus Call of Duty). I normally don't play online other than TF 2. In TF 2 I play Heavy usually, and I'm usually in the top 3, with kills probably even in all.

I also play Soul Calibur (2, 4, and 5.) My main characters are Siegfried (nightmare in SC2), and cervantes. With siegfried I link together a ton of combos and single strike moves for the ground and pound, and with Cervantes, I switch between using Geo Da Rey moves and his throw from catching the opponent in mid- air.

In RPG's, I play the melee/warrior/barbarian style classes. I do a ton of damage and have a ton of health.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I assume this 'QotW' is based upon larger games played either online or with a gaming station of some sort?

In that case... I can't really relate anymore as I don't play massive online games and I haven't played against anybody, other than a short DS challenge with Mario Kart, which I won every race with... LOL

I guess, if you have to sum up your strenghts and weaknesses, I am a player that will try to beat any better player to the degree that it hits me that the attempt is useless and that's pretty late moste of the time, so the competitor can have a blast with defeating me over and over! =P

The other significant gaming trade I seem to have is to try and do a brawl or RPG almost always with the melee type of playing. Try to win the game swinging an axe instead of shooting a gun, like with "The Last Stand - Union City" for example... the axe rules! YUAH! =D

Showing 121-135 of 189