ForumsThe TavernHave you ever went sking or snowboarding?

70 12856
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

i just went sking and i didnt really enjoy it...

• 70 Replies
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

i just went sking and i didnt really enjoy it...

wha...buh....like...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

How could you not enjoy skiing!!!!!???????
CalvinChong
CalvinChong
14 posts
Farmer

is it hard, i never tried before, i have gtried ice skating, one of my china friend invited me go to the ski lodge in china though.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

From what I've heard, Skiing is a lot easier to learn than Snowboarding. I have only ever gone Snowboarding (2 times) and my first trip was mostly me learning the basics, and the second trip me perfecting stopping/speed control. I had fun both times, and I had some nasty wipeouts (actually those were fun too, I didn't get hurt I just rolled like 20 feet)

The one thing I don't like about Snowboarding is if you lose speed on a flat area/uphill part, you have three choices. Hop/jump to the next rise, take 1 foot out of the boot and duck walk, or completely take off the board and walk to the next rise.

TheSuperSaiyan1
TheSuperSaiyan1
326 posts
Nomad

You need to have balance with snowboarding and with sking, you have two sticks, thats why sking is easier :P

derek13756
derek13756
168 posts
Nomad

yeah ive done snowboarding it was really fun

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'm actually in a car on my way home from a ski trip in Stratton Vermont right now (USB tethering my phone's 3G to my macbook).

I've been skiing my entire life (and snowboarding the last few years). It's among my favorite things to do, which is great because everyone in my family loves to ski, and about half of us (the older half) can pretty much cover any slope (yes, that includes me).

From what I've heard, Skiing is a lot easier to learn than Snowboarding.

In my experience, snowboarding came more easily (ignore the fact that i broke both arms during my second lessons, It was only because my instructor decided i was good enough to go on terrain park jumps and ramps). Snowboarding may just happen to come more easily to someone who has been skiing for a long time, and vica versa.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I have tried skiing and have found it quite fun, only problem I have is ice, ice is one of the most annoying things when sking and probably also when snowboarding, one minute your going perfectly, and the next you are trying to be as still as possible to not disrupt the little friction you have on the ice.

NMeade
NMeade
49 posts
Nomad

How do you even manage to ski? I can't. Apparently I must be a noob because I can't stand on two thin blades of plastic!

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Snowboarding may just happen to come more easily to someone who has been skiing for a long time, and vica versa.

They're both similar. I would think that an experienced Ski-er would pick up snowboarding faster than someone just starting either. Same as the other way.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

i ski and i like it but i wanna try snowboarding

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

In my experience, snowboarding came more easily (ignore the fact that i broke both arms during my second lessons, It was only because my instructor decided i was good enough to go on terrain park jumps and ramps). Snowboarding may just happen to come more easily to someone who has been skiing for a long time, and vica versa.

For me it seems like Skiing is much easier at first than snowboarding is. I haven't tried skiing but I do snowboard and consider myself pretty good at it. I most likely can snowboard on any hill and go on the terrain park with rails and jumps but that's pretty much it. When I started snowboarding I had a somewhat nooby style of always switching sides whenever I needed to stop. Then I figured out the what I call up and back way of just continuously slowing myself down by leaning on toes and then heels. When I see someone skiing for the first time, they can already go down a slope without falling down, which was not me my first time. I did ski club last year and the year before that but i didn't do it this year because it cost too much. It was worth it though because it hasn't even snowed here much at all compared to other years.
CalvinChong
CalvinChong
14 posts
Farmer

seems like a lot of fun. skiing hmmm.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

cmon schmiddy try to keep your replies less spammy, your better than this xD

It's also fun for me for me to screw around on my cheapo plastic boards on a small hill and do 360's off of mini ramps.

2000 AP post!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i went skiing for the first time a few weeks ago. why legs and feet hurt like crap after words but i had a really fun time. it took me a while, but i finally found a way to stop myself without falling into the snow :P im so talented

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I went skiing in Austria some times a few years back. I have never done snow-boarding. I like skiing because even though you go down pretty much the same slope every time (at least I did) it keeps being nice. You find out little slopes that are there every day. It is especially fun to go to the same place every time you go skiing because then you discover all the fun parts of the slopes there.

Showing 1-15 of 70