ForumsThe TavernFavorite Quote

91 18001
gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Post your favorite quotes here. I'll start:

"If God is a reality, and the soul is a reality, and you are an immortal being, what are you doing with your Bible shut?" â¢Herrik Johnson

• 91 Replies
Cheef
Cheef
188 posts
Nomad

"Life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump's Mom

"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?"
-George Bush (Of course)

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

i liked those madgamer

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

fauliures fail and thats why they alway suceed - nater

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

"Romance is dead - it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece."-Lisa Simpson

Squalick
Squalick
68 posts
Nomad

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

- Bill Hicks

Death_Creates
Death_Creates
65 posts
Nomad

"you you all out there you want me to conform i wont you think im ugly and unusual well im me and that is all that counts you are them not who you really are"

-Death_Creates

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

wow squalick, that one's really good. brings us back to reality, made me think. good job

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I came up with this. Most may not get it but if you really think about it you will get the meanin"g.

"With fire comes need, and with need comes fire"

Koshionos
Koshionos
881 posts
Jester

Quotes by myself

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... unless you end up a quadruple amputee, paralyzed from the neck down.

There are some dangers you should not face head on, missiles are one of them

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

When dead-survive.

Kamacaz
Kamacaz
133 posts
Nomad

I heard long ago but I'm sure it was "The old start war while the young fight it"

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Thanks to ricador i remembered this one.

"Just because someone kicked your dog, doesn't mean you need to go stick everyone else's in a blender"-Said by a friend, original creator ???

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

koshionos, the begining of your quote to be more exact

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Is not a quote made by you, but according to google Friedrich Nietzsche.
soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed." - U.S. Air Force Manual

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General MacArthur

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me." - U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

"Tracers work both ways." - U.S. Army Ordnance

"Five second fuses only last three seconds." - Infantry Journal

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once."

"Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do." - Unknown Marine Recruit

"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him." - USAF Ammo Troop

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3." - Paul F. Crickmore (test pilot)

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe."

"When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash."

"Even with ammunition, the USAF is just another expensive flying club."

"What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, ... The pilot dies."

"Never trade luck for skill."

The three most common ex pressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...! "

"Friendly fire - isn't"

"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

"Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!"

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."

"The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you." - Attributed to Max Stanley (Northrop test pilot)

"There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime." Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970

"If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to."

"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."

As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives, the rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks "What happened?". The pilot's reply: "I don't know, I just got here myself!" - Attributed to Ray Crandell (Lockheed test pilot)

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

wow those are amazing! always loved army/ airforce etc. qoutes, they always make the most sense and are blunt and to the point. those are just fantastic!

Showing 76-90 of 91