ForumsThe TavernGoogle Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox!?! Whats your favorite and/or hatred?!

63 8957
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Are you baffled about the amount of web browsers? I am on the verge of it. I curently use Google Chrome Version 17.0.965.56 and sometimes Firefox and/or Internet Explorer (IE) and like Google Chrome. Why? One I use Google products, from Google Docs, to Google Translate and even Khan Academy, and Chrome makes it REALLY easy for this! I am advising for Google Chrome and Firefox (FF). If you know any not mentioned in the name that are better and/or worse please type it here!!!
Thanks

WaKySwAg

• 63 Replies
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Okay, i am officialy DONE testing out Firefox Auroa. Why? Well, on my Windows XP (Dell Vostro) I cant get the newest version, and the old one is almost as bad as IE. My report, go for chrome. it works on every windows after XP (including XP) even as newest version, works on mac, and linux, and Chrome Book!!! i would go for chrome!

WaKySwAg

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Chrome user reporting in. Speed over all else for me.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

For most purposes, I use Chrome. There are a select few addons to FF that are really nice, but I've always found navigating with Chrome much easier, which makes up for this. The only problem I have with Chrome is that, seeming randomly, it stops responding, keeps telling me random pages i have up are not responding, but when i try to close them nothing happens, and the only solution is to wait 10 minutes for it to stop.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Opera is the best, it loads faster.

LordofAges
LordofAges
21 posts
Shepherd

I use mostly Firefox, and on the occasion, Chrome. The number one thing that I love about Firefox is all my addons. There's all sorts of different kinds for whatever you need and they really expand Firefox's abilities. And for me, there's little loading time difference between Chrome and FF.

Easton5
Easton5
32 posts
Nomad

Come on everyone we all know That Internet Explorer is the best browser... to download a better browser with. But personally I've become a firefox guy. All the add ons like Ad-Block Plus, McAfee security checker are really helpful.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Chrome for some reason doesn't support webcam use (flash crashes)

You should probably say "doesn't support it for me", because it does have support for webcams and i've never had a problem using mine with it.

Also, I forgot to include my least favorite browser. Definitely IE. It and safari are extremely slow, but it has so many support issues with javascript, flash, ect.

As a side question, what are peoples favorite mobile browsers? For now i've been using androids native browser, but I've heard FF and Dolphin browser are supposed to be a lot better, so I'm going to try those.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Alright! On my old Windows XP, i have had many problems with firefox, and none with chrome. i do like chrome, but it has things i dont like
1. sometimes it just stops working
2. the voice thing cant understand me D:
3. the spell check is helpful, and annoying (i have like 53 red lines in this post alone btw)
4. sometimes it wont support a random game on AG until i go and add a feature, or take away a feature, like the home button etc.

WaKySwAg

P.S. my newer computer is Windows 7. works great with chrome, and internet explorer is only there to download chrome. come on! Chromes free and its like 4 times better!!!

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

As a side question, what are peoples favorite mobile browsers? For now i've been using androids native browser, but I've heard FF and Dolphin browser are supposed to be a lot better, so I'm going to try those.
i like Amazon Silk, (kindle.) and Google Chrome Mobile (yes its out there!) also Safari for iOS is pretty good too. not as slow as the OS version.
About Mac, there is a new computer comming this summer from Mac. its called Mountain Lion (after the operating system Lion came out, this is there new one!) i wonder if it is a Steeve Jobs thing...
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Google Chrome Mobile (yes its out there!)

Not for Android :\\ (as far as I'm aware)

About Mac, there is a new computer comming this summer from Mac. its called Mountain Lion (after the operating system Lion came out, this is there new one!) i wonder if it is a Steeve Jobs thing...

All it does is give you a few, unoriginal apps apple has made to force developers to make them more money.

Notes: Do we seriously need to update our OS so we can get a simple notes app?

Reminders: Nothing new or special, it just links all notifications from all of apple's apps into one place

Share sheets and twitter: Come on, this isn't even the operating system, this is an update to Safari.

Game center: An extremely simple way to compete with your friends.

None of these things actually need to be incorporated into the OS's API, the only reason apple would do this is to make developers want to use their things more.
NMeade
NMeade
49 posts
Nomad

Chrome. Why else do I have 22 extensions?

Anyway, Chrome because it's simple. You don't need to scroll through the 'file, edit, bookmarks, tools, etc' menus to find what you need. Moving tabs and making them smaller (pinning) help you organize it better. Fun and large navigation buttons, too help to make it more refined. And the extensions. PLENTY of useful and fun extensions; all very easy to install and use. You don't need to open up your email to check for new mail, worry about ads getting in your way, having to go to weather.com to check the current weather, log into your favorite sites individually. . . etc. So yeah.. .

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

my favorite is firefox. i just like the layout and speed of it. i really dont like IE because its too slow and too...blue

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I really like google chrome or internet explorer. It seems for me internet explorer has better graphics than google chrome. Maybe I have to update google chrome .

TheKND
TheKND
2 posts
Nomad

So I did a little speed test with the browsers...
I used an ASUS eeepc 1011 px and a 100Mb/s internet connection.
I did a few tests then calculated the average both LAN and WLAN(Wireless).
DL = download; UL = upload
LAN
Google Chrome DL : 31,17 Mb/s; UL : 14,81 Mb/s
Firefox DL : 31,22 Mb/s; UL : 16,11 Mb/s
IE9 DL : 41,84 Mb/s (lol?); UL : 16,15 Mb/s
Safari DL : 26,75 Mb/s; UL : 10,57 Mb/s
Opera DL : 33,30 Mb/s; UL :14,28 Mb/s
WLAN (Wireless)
Google Chrome DL : 19,26 Mb/s; UL : 14,66 Mb/s
Firefox DL : 22,58 Mb/s; UL : 16,54 Mb/s
IE9 DL : 22,76 Mb/s; UL : 15,66 Mb/s
Safari DL : 20,90 Mb/s; UL : 11,81 Mb/s
Opera DL : 14,28 Mb/s; UL : 12,99 Mb/s
I still like Firefox the most because its the most stable,
reliable and customisable for my needs .

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

1. Chrome
2. FireFox
3. Internet Explorer
4. ...... Safari...

Showing 16-30 of 63