ForumsThe TavernGoogle Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox!?! Whats your favorite and/or hatred?!

63 8954
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Are you baffled about the amount of web browsers? I am on the verge of it. I curently use Google Chrome Version 17.0.965.56 and sometimes Firefox and/or Internet Explorer (IE) and like Google Chrome. Why? One I use Google products, from Google Docs, to Google Translate and even Khan Academy, and Chrome makes it REALLY easy for this! I am advising for Google Chrome and Firefox (FF). If you know any not mentioned in the name that are better and/or worse please type it here!!!
Thanks

WaKySwAg

• 63 Replies
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Safari on my mac just yesterday started flipping its sh*t and not letting me click on anything and not going to the url i type in, so for now I'm on firefox. I really think internet explorer is the best, and google chrome is by far the worst and least popuar

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Google Chrome is obviously not the least popular, Kalb.

I like Chrome because it's just really easy to navigate with. Customization is super easy, and you don't need to know technical stuffs.

Opera is a close second, because I use Opera with my phone.

Safari and IE can go jump off a cliff together.

FireFox is alright, I'll use it if Chrome or Opera aren't there.

MasterMor
MasterMor
40 posts
Shepherd

Rockmelt is the best by far! but from these chrome is my favorite

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Its ether Google Chrome or Firefox for me, but i'm using Google Chrome at the moment. Like people have said, its easy to use and navigate and you can Customize it. Like right i have a humming bird as my home page :P oh and Google is my fav search engine ;D

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

The only problem I have with Chrome is that, seeming randomly, it stops responding, keeps telling me random pages i have up are not responding, but when i try to close them nothing happens, and the only solution is to wait 10 minutes for it to stop

Yup. That's why I switched to Firefox. I used it in school, and I'm using it on my brand new computer. I'll admit, Chrome was my go to browser, but honestly, I'm using Firefox right now, and it's better. I never liked the whole customization thing. Firefox is a strong, sturdy web browser. As for Google Chrome, it's a great web browser, and I'll admit it, but it seems like it's just not my style.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I tried Chrome and I can't stand the layout. I don't like having thumbnails of my 6 favorite websites right there on my home page. It really doesn't make things any easier, because you can add about 6 - 8 sites under your address bar.

FireFox is fast, efficient, and easily customizable. The only problem with FireFox is that every time you download anything at all, even if you're downloading a picture, the download prompt comes up as a pop up. Luckily, there's an add on that fixes this issue.

blackfurydragon
blackfurydragon
42 posts
Nomad

My fav is FireFox, I don't know, it's very fast and nice. I've been using it since a long time.
And my "less fav" is Internet Explorer.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I don't like having thumbnails of my 6 favorite websites right there on my home page.

Then change your homepage to something else.

Personally Chrome is my favorite. I find it the fastest and it is easy to use. I also like FireFox because you can block a bunch of the ads and stuff you don't want and customize it. Seeing how I use Google and other Google things I use Chrome.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

i don't have the latest internet explorer and i don't think i have the latest firefox and i only have saffari on my Ipod but i would say google chrome and i would like to say that i hate internet explorer with a thriving passion, if i accidently click internet explorer (wich i haven't in awhile but) i have to wait for it to load then close it i despise it

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I used to be an IE man, but then I opened my eyes to the world of Firefox being my default browser, and it was love at first site.

Although Safari can come in handy for certain things...

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

yeah we used to use internet explorer my mom used firefox mostly then we got google chrome and it was SO much faster and whatnot

budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

currently using google chrome

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't see a speed difference between Chrome and Firefox, what decides it for me are the extensions, and Firefox wins.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't see a speed difference between Chrome and Firefox

The reason I don't care for Chrome is because sometimes when I navigate to another page, the screen flashes white while it loads. That gets on my nerves. IE does it too.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I used Netscape until it was bought by AOL. Then I switched to Mozilla, then Mozilla Firefox. I don't like chrome because Google can spy more on what you do with it. I also use PeerBlock to stop terrorist organizations like MPAA, Amazon AP2P EC 2 Cloud, crooked lawyers offices looking for easy buck, Doubleclick and other arsewipes who spy on your activities so they can sell it to advertising weasels, etc.

Showing 31-45 of 63