ForumsThe TavernThe richest county in the U.S.A

54 7236
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

The country may have started its long haul back to economic recovery â" if recent news that consumer spending increased slightly in January is any indication. But even so, most Americans still aren't ready to brag about their paychecks.

Except, perhaps, in Loudoun County, Va., where median household incomes are higher than anywhere else in the country. This affluent suburb of Washington, D.C., where families take home a median $110,643 annually, tops our list of America's 25 richest counties.

Fresh off Forbes mag; my little ol' county of Leesburg is at the top of the charts. This isen't a bragging post, just want to know what you all think.

Basicly Loudoun is the richest because of it's large government working population, and the strong push to lower unemployment throughout the Metropoliatin area. Which is currently only about 6%.

Bill Gates down in Orange county aint got nothin on us :3 (yeah that was a brag)
  • 54 Replies
kmrst
kmrst
6 posts
Nomad

Virginia has some of the wealthiest counties in the country. Of the top 25 wealthiest counties in the United States (according to AGBeat) VA has 8. Of these 8 half of them are in the top ten wealthiest.

matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

i know its not carrol county MD

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

So if the poor ever need to loot the rich we are going to your county.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

So if the poor ever need to loot the rich we are going to your county.

I woulden't reccomend that, my neighbor is the cheif editor of the NRA. We rich people do tend to spend our wealth on guns.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Bah, 6%? It's only 2% from where I come from.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Singapor? I don't doubt it. It's such a midget country I suppose everyone can fish

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I'll show you a fist if I could extend one through the net and hit your noggin with it! I totally fish for my daily fried pompfret, so don't insult the poor fish!

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

*giggles* And I suppose the 2% unemployed are the old men who just spend their wadges on alcohol because they figured they wasted enough time fishing?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

That, and because their cracked and yellowed teeth has rotted away from the years of chewing on salted preserved fish; hence a liquid diet is their only means of sustenence.

Apropos, congratulations on living in such a nice, well off place. Other than that, could you elaborate a little more on how the local government is cutting down on unemployment in the Metropolitan area?

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Other than that, could you elaborate a little more on how the local government is cutting down on unemployment in the Metropolitan area?

I am quite interested as well; what measures are being taken, and do they give social security to those living their without a job >.>?
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Other than that, could you elaborate a little more on how the local government is cutting down on unemployment in the Metropolitan area?

Mainly lots of small projects that require small labor. I think there is a website that homeowners can go on to request repairs, they can go on and post that they need a fence fixed, something planted/dug out and the sorts. They pay the people without income to come and do the job and they go on their way. There is some other ideas like that, it helps a little but there is still some homeless.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Mainly lots of small projects that require small labor. I think there is a website that homeowners can go on to request repairs, they can go on and post that they need a fence fixed, something planted/dug out and the sorts. They pay the people without income to come and do the job and they go on their way. There is some other ideas like that, it helps a little but there is still some homeless.

That seems like a good way to keep them up with an income as for the homeless do they try to help them in the same way if they don;t have a computer or is their like an office open for them to go in and look for open jobs >.>?
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

That seems like a good way to keep them up with an income as for the homeless do they try to help them in the same way if they don;t have a computer or is their like an office open for them to go in and look for open jobs >.>?

No, the homeless here and 100% devoted to being homeless, we have many shelters but they are so low they wont accept them. they don't want to work either...the only thing they want is pity and handouts.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

No, the homeless here and 100% devoted to being homeless, we have many shelters but they are so low they wont accept them. they don't want to work either...the only thing they want is pity and handouts.

Might as well put them in prison or get them to vacate the premises if you ask me >.>
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Just because someone is being a bum doesn't mean you can dump him in jail. Preposterous.

Showing 1-15 of 54