ForumsThe TavernThe richest county in the U.S.A

54 7235
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

The country may have started its long haul back to economic recovery â" if recent news that consumer spending increased slightly in January is any indication. But even so, most Americans still aren't ready to brag about their paychecks.

Except, perhaps, in Loudoun County, Va., where median household incomes are higher than anywhere else in the country. This affluent suburb of Washington, D.C., where families take home a median $110,643 annually, tops our list of America's 25 richest counties.

Fresh off Forbes mag; my little ol' county of Leesburg is at the top of the charts. This isen't a bragging post, just want to know what you all think.

Basicly Loudoun is the richest because of it's large government working population, and the strong push to lower unemployment throughout the Metropoliatin area. Which is currently only about 6%.

Bill Gates down in Orange county aint got nothin on us :3 (yeah that was a brag)
  • 54 Replies
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Might as well put them in prison or get them to vacate the premises if you ask me >.>

Why burden jailers with them? they smell bad. Besides, I suppose they have committed no valid crime for imprisonment, besides perhaps loitering. Vacating them, now that's an idea!
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Well why don't they accept the shelters >.>? and if their not helping society they might as well get a job and tell me how would you solve the problem >.>?

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Just because someone is being a bum doesn't mean you can dump him in jail. Preposterous.

Lawlerz IKR?

Well why don't they accept the shelters >.>? and if their not helping society they might as well get a job and tell me how would you solve the problem >.>?

They don't accept shelters because they don't get enough pity that way. I don't know of a way to solve the problem expect maybe a sudden enlightenment?
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

They don't accept shelters because they don't get enough pity that way. I don't know of a way to solve the problem expect maybe a sudden enlightenment?

So make them priests that way they can get enlightened or send preachers into the home of the homeless.
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

So make them priests that way they can get enlightened or send preachers into the home of the homeless.

They're homeless, they don't have homes LOL.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Why burden jailers with them? they smell bad.

There have been cases in Taiwan where people voluntarily get arrested, because jails ensure food and shelter. Brilliant right?

and if their not helping society they might as well get a job

If my motivation in life is just to be lazy and survive on government payouts, why would I be bothered in getting a job? The problem in many Western societies, is that they've gone too far down the welfare system road that no one wants to play the bad guy and take away enough benefits that might convince the free riders to work. Might upset the electorate you know.

Don't mind me asking, but how are the living conditions in your county? Better infrastructure befitting greater wealth?
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I live in the rich part of long Beach but I go to a private school a few miles away >.>.
and it's like everywhere else the rich get richer the poor get poorer.
As for many Americans yes they're lazy and demand things instead of working hard for them even I'm getting influenced here in america I'm starting to get lazy.
As for living conditions they're fairly good but their are a-lot of tenements around the areas but I guess they have average living conditions in average.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Don't mind me asking, but how are the living conditions in your county? Better infrastructure befitting greater wealth?

I'm not completely sure what that means, But living conditions are swell. It's cold 10/12 months but other then that it's alright, how about yours?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Meaning, are they different from the rest of the USA?

It's hot the whole year at 35 Celsius average, which would be 95 degrees Fahrenheit. As for the infrastructure, I'm not going to even think about complaining; that would make me the supreme ingrate.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Well the infrastructure is usually different in every state since some need earthquake protection some are built fast cause tornadoes are common and some are made against flooding as for their designs it also depends on the state.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Meaning, are they different from the rest of the USA?

It's hot the whole year at 35 Celsius average, which would be 95 degrees Fahrenheit. As for the infrastructure, I'm not going to even think about complaining; that would make me the supreme ingrate.

Woah dude calm down, you are talking to an american, please, use smaller words.

But uh, We are clearly a little better off then the rest of the country, we live nice here. But don't get me wrong I know poverty, I grew up in a ghetto and I go to the poorest country in the world every year to help em out!
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

There have been cases in Taiwan where people voluntarily get arrested, because jails ensure food and shelter.

Sadly, its a quite common -worldwide- phenomenon. I think it says a lot about our society when a person wants to get in jail for a "free ride"
Truly sad stuff ...
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Woah dude calm down, you are talking to an american, please, use smaller words.

So you are saying most Americans aren't well educated >.>?
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Sadly, its a quite common -worldwide- phenomenon. I think it says a lot about our society when a person wants to get in jail for a "free ride"
Truly sad stuff ...

Again, sadly, I'm afraid there was never and never will be a perfect society where people don't go hungry and don't sin. And by sin, I mean in general bad things, (Stealing ect..).
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Again, sadly, I'm afraid there was never and never will be a perfect society where people don't go hungry and don't sin. And by sin, I mean in general bad things, (Stealing ect..).

Very true and corruption has always brought the best of empires/countries to a near collapse or total collapse look a Romes society.
Showing 16-30 of 54