ForumsThe TavernThe richest county in the U.S.A

54 7237
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

The country may have started its long haul back to economic recovery â" if recent news that consumer spending increased slightly in January is any indication. But even so, most Americans still aren't ready to brag about their paychecks.

Except, perhaps, in Loudoun County, Va., where median household incomes are higher than anywhere else in the country. This affluent suburb of Washington, D.C., where families take home a median $110,643 annually, tops our list of America's 25 richest counties.

Fresh off Forbes mag; my little ol' county of Leesburg is at the top of the charts. This isen't a bragging post, just want to know what you all think.

Basicly Loudoun is the richest because of it's large government working population, and the strong push to lower unemployment throughout the Metropoliatin area. Which is currently only about 6%.

Bill Gates down in Orange county aint got nothin on us :3 (yeah that was a brag)
  • 54 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I grew up in a ghetto and I go to the poorest country in the world every year to help em out!

Haiti isn't the poorest nation in the world.

So, your family has broken out of the ghetto now? Also, it should be time I Googled where the county was in the first place.

I think it says a lot about our society when a person wants to get in jail for a "free ride"

They did it in the past as well! The Irish committed petty crime in the Potato Famine to be deported to Australia. Imagine that.
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

So you are saying most Americans aren't well educated >.>?

Not at alllll...

I am merely expanding on your expressed thoughts where Americans can tend to be lazy. For me, that laziness is in the spelling/grammar section.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I am merely expanding on your expressed thoughts where Americans can tend to be lazy. For me, that laziness is in the spelling/grammar section.

Very true since people tend to be too lazy to type well and use their grammar skills while typing and rush >.>
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Haiti isn't the poorest nation in the world.

Really? I'v been there twice and would beg to differ, you can't say another country is worse off because you cannot get worse off. Desiese, no clean water, 1 meal a day if you are lucky, little to no clothing. Who do you think is poorer then that?

So, your family has broken out of the ghetto now? Also, it should be time I Googled where the county was in the first place.

I never missed a meal and I went to bed with a roof over my head, I'm not saying I was bad off... Merely that I didn't have it made my whole life, I was stabbed twice as a kid... and there was 2 gangs. So eventually we moved away..and my dad got a nice promotion.

If you want to Google where I currently live, It's Leesburg Virginia, Loudoun county 20175.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I never missed a meal and I went to bed with a roof over my head, I'm not saying I was bad off... Merely that I didn't have it made my whole life, I was stabbed twice as a kid... and there was 2 gangs. So eventually we moved away..and my dad got a nice promotion.

No comment since I've always been safe from those types of things.
seems like a tough life but it appears you got lucky with your dads promotion, and not to be disrespectful but does your mom live with you guys >.>?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Since I'm a smug *** who has studied basic economics, no Haiti is not the poorest country by virtue of its GDP which is higher than some other nations.

Who do you think is poorer then that?

I'm not going to deny that living conditions in Haiti are any worse than say, a nation in Africa, mostly because I haven't been to many African nations. But what I can argue for, is that Haiti's GDP, that is, the market value of all final goods and services produced within a country in a given period is definitely not the lowest in the world.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I thought Somalia was among the poorest GDP wise. I guess being a pirate is not so profitable nowadays.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

does your mom live with you guys >.>?

Yes she does, she is a stay-home mom.

Since I'm a smug *** who has studied basic economics, no Haiti is not the poorest country by virtue of its GDP which is higher than some other nations.

FUDGE YOU AND YOUR ECONOMICS!!!

I'm not going to deny that living conditions in Haiti are any worse than say, a nation in Africa, mostly because I haven't been to many African nations. But what I can argue for, is that Haiti's GDP, that is, the market value of all final goods and services produced within a country in a given period is definitely not the lowest in the world.

GDP SCHMEEDEEPEE!!! At least African nations have other nations around that they can steal from... Haiti only has that DR and believe me, they aint getting past that border. I lost my passport one time on that border, it was the most scariest time of my life... HAHA but I found it!
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

I guess being a pirate is not so profitable nowadays.

Ever since they starting raiding american ships, YEAH NOT SO MUCH. BOOM HEADSHOT NAVY SEALZ!!
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

How bad is the border of the Dominican Republic >.>?

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

How bad is the border of the Dominican Republic >.>?

Imagine 150 armed DR's with 2 HQs sitting there waiting for a Haitian to try to get through, not to mention the united nations have Humvee's patrolling all the time.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Why is are the united nations occupying the DR and do the DR's shoot on sight >.>?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I think I live in the 19th give or take :P That's pretty good, but the town where I go to school probably lowers the bar.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Why is are the united nations occupying the DR and do the DR's shoot on sight >.>?

Why? no clue. And no they just dedain them and release back over the boader.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

united nations occupying the DR

does any1 have a article or something about this?
it sliped my mind i guess. and it's prety importend for me to know if it's true.
Showing 31-45 of 54