ForumsWEPRKONY 2012

86 28767
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I was dissapointed when I saw that no one posted this before me.

KONY 2012

As said in Description:

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

Joseph Kony have done bad things for over 20 years, but I think you didn't know about him.
Whatch the movie for more information.

This is probably the most important thing I've ever heard of.

• 86 Replies
mojo72595
mojo72595
166 posts
Nomad

Americans should focus on fixing our problems before we start to worry about Joseph Kony and what he is doing in Uganda. Maybe we should worry about the billions of dollars that we owe to China before we try and raise money to help out people in Uganda. It may sound harsh, but its true.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

This might interest you guys; a delightfully phrased rebuttal to the IC. Do read it!

Anyway, don't you find it queer that last year, Obama announced troop deployment and aid to the Ugandan military, but no one talked about Kony? Shouldn't you guys have already been aware where your fine men are going?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

At least one other person has been following the issue closely too.

Anyway....forgive my sardonic cynicism, but this encapsulates my views about most of the IC supporters aptly. Oh course it generalizes, but hey what did you expect?

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/60021.jpg

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

This might interest you guys; a delightfully phrased rebuttal to the IC. Do read it!

I thought I was the only one that realized what Jason Russel was trying to accomplish with the scene with his kid.

I also love the fact that most of these "activists" are teenagers that think they'll make the world a better place by spending their parents' money. They don't even do the slightest bit of research on anything, so annoying.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I thought I was the only one that realized what Jason Russel was trying to accomplish with the scene with his kid.

You are not alone my cynical friend! Although that somewhat idealistic statement totally went against my self-acclaimed cynicism.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

They did it, IC closed the comments on their video to shut everyone who caught onto their dirty scheme. Ugh, if you haven't thumbed the video down, do so now, because it's apparent they're doing whatever is possible to make themselves good, even if it means censoring those who disagree with them.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

They did it, IC closed the comments on their video to shut everyone who caught onto their dirty scheme. Ugh, if you haven't thumbed the video down, do so now, because it's apparent they're doing whatever is possible to make themselves good, even if it means censoring those who disagree with them.

Well its a good thing not everyone on Youtube is a moron, we can now see IC as they really are. It was a good scam idea though, got enough "activists" to donate no doubt.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Well its a good thing not everyone on Youtube is a moron, we can now see IC as they really are. It was a good scam idea though, got enough "activists" to donate no doubt.

i didn't follow this news at all because i wasn't interested about it. (also didn't watch nicho's video, sorry.)
but did it turn out to be a scam? =S

i dunno the names of the people this topic is about (except kony ofcours) so i'm kinda like wtf atm xD
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

i didn't follow this news at all because i wasn't interested about it. (also didn't watch nicho's video, sorry.)
but did it turn out to be a scam? =S

i dunno the names of the people this topic is about (except kony ofcours) so i'm kinda like wtf atm xD

Well since most of the money goes into the corrupt army of Uganda or the IC's pocket Id call it a scam.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Well since most of the money goes into the corrupt army of Uganda or the IC's pocket Id call it a scam.

do you mean... no the news wasn't a scam?
randumbness
randumbness
58 posts
Nomad

Okay so first thing Nichodemus that letter is extremely interpretive of the video I mean the toddler thing to me suggests even kids know right from wrong and what we must do to right those wrongs. I mean we should stop Knony still I mean look at all the peoples lives hes ruined. Another thing what if there was a serial killer who killed lets say 72 people and the government nows who he is would we want him caught and arrested or would we let him be if he stops killing but that means said serial killer would be able to kill again. We are humans are we not so where the heck is your humanity. If you see an lady have her purse stolen are you the jerk who watches it and laughs are are you the person who would actually do something by chasing the thief. I mean we see bad things everyday we never try to stop it and we should I know Im probably contradicting myselff in this post. We have to do something even though the U.S. government is lazy and corrupt ( by that I mean only the rich can become president). We should get involved ourselves by informing people. What does sending the money actually do its better to write a letter to a congressman or governor than to donate. We should get the government involved in foreign matters ever heard of the secretary of state. So in all we should stop Coney but I dont see the point in donating money when all we need to do is get the government to help them out by getting the military involved.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I mean we should stop Knony still I mean look at all the peoples lives hes ruined. Another thing what if there was a serial killer who killed lets say 72 people and the government nows who he is would we want him caught and arrested or would we let him be if he stops killing but that means said serial killer would be able to kill again. We are humans are we not so where the heck is your humanity. If you see an lady have her purse stolen are you the jerk who watches it and laughs are are you the person who would actually do something by chasing the thief. I mean we see bad things everyday we never try to stop it and we should I know Im probably contradicting myselff in this post.

No one has said he shouldn't. What we have said, is that the IC is ineffectual. So you know, before criticizing us for lacking humanity, actually please please be bothered to read and comprehend our posts fully.

We have to do something even though the U.S. government is lazy and corrupt ( by that I mean only the rich can become president).

If you can't even fund your campaign to reach out to states, how can you even think of being the President? Being rich is one thing, being corrupt is ANOTHER. Don't conflate the two for Christ's sake.

We should get involved ourselves by informing people.

That's the only thing the IC has been good for. Though arguably in doing so, it has distracted us from FAR MORE important issues. Like your crap economy for example. Also, note that awareness does jack ****. What are you going to do now? Go to Uganda and try to hunt him down?

we need to do is get the government to help them out by getting the military involved.

Isn't that what we've been saying? Isn't that the point of the letter? To condemn the IC's awareness and donation approach?
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

hmmmm...
This has been practically everywhere i turn to add to that list today i saw a car that had "KONY 2012" painted on the back window... wow...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just a little quick and funny update about the founders.....Don't click if you're the kind who moans about sexual activity.

Showing 46-60 of 86