ForumsThe TavernFun Riddles/Magic Tricks

356 92954
Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

Ok, this is where you can put some fun riddles! Please no spam and no inappropriate content. Thank you!

Ok here's one:

A magician fills a glass full with a fluid. He dumps it out, but no water was spilled. How did he do it?

• 356 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

A man who lives on the bottom floor of an apartment wants to visit his friend on the 50th foor. He presses the45th buttin and walkes up the rest. when he comes down he presses the ground floor buttin and walks out. Why did he go on the 45th floor and not the 50th?
(its not because he wants exercise)

A man lives on the 14th floor of a building. Everyday, he walks down to the elevator, hits the 'lobby' button, and rides it to the bottom and then goes to work. When he comes back from work, he only takes the elevator up to the 7th floor and walks the rest of the way on the stairs. Why doesn't he take the elevator all the way to the top?

Because he's too short to reach the button for the 14th floor.

The bear would be white.. A Polar Bear.. If they were a little south of the north pole and the guy ran to the north pole, then everywhere he aimed would be south, so he would then be able to shoot the bear..

sorry to let you guys wait so long but that is correct.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

@soccerdude2 I've heard all these riddles before,my teacher would tell these riddles to my class to improve our thinking.

Well I was somewhat close at least, I still knew you probably didn't get these by yourself.

Argh! That beginning end and middle one was tough.

Here's another with kind of the same theme to it, although I think it's a little easier:

What's heavy right-side up, and not upside-down?

Also, one of my favorite one of all-time:

(I can't remember how to say it exactly and I don't want to mess it up so I'll use wikipedia for this one)

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1 [but the door is not opened], and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

My math teacher told our class this one (translated) :
How big is the chance that, if u guess this question, you answer it right?
A 25%
B 50%
C 75%
D 25%

Don't know if I translated right but say your answers.
I heard a lot during class, except the right one.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

My math teacher told our class this one (translated) :
How big is the chance that, if u guess this question, you answer it right?
A 25%
B 50%
C 75%
D 25%

Don't know if I translated right but say your answers.
I heard a lot during class, except the right one.

There is no answer, at least there isn't one you listed. The chance of choosing A or D is 50%, so they aren't correct. The chance of choosing B is 25%, so it isn't correct. The chance of choosing C is 25%, so it's not correct either. The correct answer, which isn't listed, is 0%. The reason 0% can't be listed is because if it was, it too would be incorrect.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1 [but the door is not opened], and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Yes, it actually doubles your odds of winning if you switch doors.

ultimatetitan, the only answer that I can think of is that she asked for science notes when she had an English test.
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Two guys - 'Peter Platform' and 'Mike Smith' are at a bar in an airport.
An assassin poisons both of their drinks in the same way with the same amount and strength of poison.
Mike survives but Peter Platform dies.
How did Peter Platform die? (And not just because he has the worst name in history)

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

"Hey Anna. Thanks for the call. Hey you know those Science notes I lent you last week? Well I really need them back. It would be a great help to me. It's an emergency, so if you could give me them tomorrow it would be great. Please hurry in finding the notes. I need to get back to my books now. Bye," Emily said. She hung up the phone.

Is that what she says to her friend if a criminal is at the house?
Did her and her friend say that's what we would say if we were in trouble and Anna realised she was in trouble and called the police?
Pineapplejucie
Pineapplejucie
8 posts
Nomad

An assassin poisons both of there drinks the same way with the same amount and strength of poison. Mike survives but Peter Platform dies.
The assassin hid the poison in the ice. Mike drank it fast and the ice didn't melt. Peter let it sit and the ice melted, leaving the drink poisoned.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Anna knew that Emily had an English examination the next day and that she would not need her science notes that day, so she suspected something was amiss when she said it was an emergency so she called the police.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Where has my post gone? And only now have I realized my answer has already been said.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

The assassin hid the poison in the ice. Mike drank it fast and the ice didn't melt. Peter let it sit and the ice melted, leaving the drink poisoned.

Correct
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

Here's one.The Jefferson's house was a plain old one story house,but everything was pink.The toilet was pink,the dishes were pink,the couches were pink,the kitchen,the tv,the beds,the doors,the toilet paper,the sink,the curtains,the window panes,the books,the computer,the cabinets,the flowers,the vase,the pillows,the shelves,everything,was pink.But,what color were the stairs?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

But,what color were the stairs?

It was a one story house.
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

yup,those things that were pink were just trying to distract you from remembering it's a one story house

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

What has "anti-life" in its name but saves lives? It's really easy.

Showing 286-300 of 356