ForumsArt, Music, and WritingScmiddy1234's Poetry Corner

241 62698
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Here you can post any type of poetry u want, just state what it is underneath.
I decided to do this because i like poetry A lot

• 241 Replies
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear me.
This will show you all how to write nonets.
Poetry Dance - Nonet Poetry Type - Example and Instructions

@crazyape, I'm sorry, but you do not qualify. That is not a nonet. A nonet has nine lines with nine syllables on the first top line ending with one syllable on the bottom line.

@Jazmoon, I'm sorry, but you also do not qualify. You followed the correct pattern but the theme is incorrect.

Both of you have a chance to qualify, just follow the rules and enter a qualifying poem.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

But i thought the theme was a event or thing that is amazing that what it means right? and for me the season cycle is a amazing event my entry still stands take it or leave it...

Winters hold upon our land conjured grey,
white dust and holy red textures cold,
woolen soft but magic comes change
beauty concurs empty vast
Flowers bloom pink, green
astonishing
who creates
such beauty
spring.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

But i thought the theme was a event or thing that is amazing that what it means right? and for me the season cycle is a amazing event my entry still stands take it or leave it...

Winters hold upon our land conjured grey,
white dust and holy red textures cold,
woolen soft but magic comes change
beauty concurs empty vast
Flowers bloom pink, green
astonishing
who creates
such beauty
spring.

Fine, you're disqualified then. Schmiddy and I have laid out the rules and the requirements very clearly. The theme is Prodigies, not amazing events or things. And by the way, I did look it up and I am using the first definition, 'a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability, [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prodigy?s=t]Dictionary.com[/url]. If you are using any of the other definitions, your poem still does not really fit the bill. At least, not in my mind. I am the judge.
I apologize for not specifying but I was certain that everyone would take it to mean child prodigies, not some ominous event or thing. The word isn't even regularly used in that way. Write about a child prodigy, a sign of something about to happen, or some wonderful quality in an expressive way. The season cycle is neither of those.
In the future, if you are not sure about the theme, ASK.
I've changed my mine and decided not to disqualify you. Just this once, I will let you go ahead. But this can't happen again. Jeez...
Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

What ever you say XD i just work on the poem and being creative i don't really like being restricted to much just leave it if you want its not a big deal.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

What ever you say XD i just work on the poem and being creative i don't really like being restricted to much just leave it if you want its not a big deal.

Post elsewhere if you don't want to be restricted in your creativity. That is all I can tell you.
ExitPath97
ExitPath97
45 posts
Nomad

The Rainbowfish

There once was a Rainbowfish
whose tail liked to swish
she slept in some mold
and got caught and sold
so she couldn't swish her tail in her dish.

Cpt0bviousV2
Cpt0bviousV2
19 posts
Nomad

@ExitPath97

nice poem ^^

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, have we given up here!?? People!??
Is this a dying idea?

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

It could be. Unfortuneately, this isn't too poular. It may be because Schmiddy is a faily new member, compared to some, so some may not understand how awesome it is :3 OThers, however, would like a place to post poems, not be judged.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Is this a dying idea?

Why would you write in all bold? Why? I can't see a reason...

Also, you might consider that there are already two poetry contests going with a merit prize, so with that and some restrictions people might like as to the type of poetry they are allowed to submit, they might not be interested.
Or the theme might not be to their interest either. After all, all contests see some ups and downs.

Or perhaps it's all your bold writing...
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Why would you write in all bold? Why?

Tell us how you really feel Cen.
Is this a dying idea?

Probably like Cen said. There are two other poetry contests where you get a merit if you win. Also it might have to do with the time of year where people are focusing on school for finals and stuff.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Why would you write in all bold? Why? I can't see a reason...

Uh, why? Maybe because I want to get people's attention? I'm a judge on this contest, I want to distinguish myself from the others, that's all. Gah.

He,he, that's just mean-spirited, Cen.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It's not mean-spirited, then I would have insulted you.
I just really don't like people using all code in their posts for no reason. And no, being the judge is not a reason to yell at my face (which is what I read all bold posts as).
It's annoying, it's semi-against the rules and it's really, really annoying. It's also annoying.

That said, people most likely know you are the judge, so you don't have to distinguish yourself. Besides, if you think every post of yours is important enough to bold, and others don't, they will start fazing it out, and then you stop being distinguished at all.

Anyway, seeing these were the only replies since your call to arms, I would suggest judging, then changing the theme (and the poetry form, perhaps) and see if that helps out. If not, it might not be the time for a contest like this, and it would be worth it to have it lay low for a while.

ExitPath97
ExitPath97
45 posts
Nomad

Mercury
High temperatures
In the day on Mercury
The smallest planet
In the Solar System now
It has a rocky surface

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

Man, what happened? No posts for awhile. I, personally, would obviously like to say it was me keeping this together :3 I left and people stopped writing.
No, this isnt a coincidence, what are you talking about?! (hopefully not sarcasm :P)
ExitPath, nice try, but you used the SECOND Mercury in your poem, which you did not include. Scholars would get that confused with the Roman Hermes if they didnt read your poem. Though, good point, me, what would a scholar be doing on a game site? Annnyyyywaaaayyy...
I dropped in to see how this was going. Not well. We need to get this more popular, even if all we have left is False Hope, then we must try!

Like we used to

Going down by the lake
Where we used to
But with no sake
Without you.

Singing like we used to
I see you staring
I stare at you
If only we didn't stop caring...

Ta-da! If only I had better ideas, then this woldnt suck, okay? Yeah. So if you dont mind keep adding poems because this is a good idea!

The poem was about a dude visiting a place where he had a first date with someone her just broke up with and meets her there if you couldnt tell... so... Bye!

Showing 226-240 of 241