ForumsThe Tavernstrang things happening on AG.....

56 6932
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

hi....so basicly i have been going to threads and noticed something strange, most of the some what recent post are gone. i also have noticed that my profile changed even though i havent changed it and now it will not change back. i have also seen the threads and they are like "random thread-last post 3 weeks ago". just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or if it is time for a new cpu...

• 56 Replies
shojen123
shojen123
1,290 posts
Nomad

its not you ive also had pages be deleted. my thoughts are those spam posts are causing some trouble

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i dont thing the spam bots can delete things. they just spam. its possible that a mod might have acedently deleted some real threads after going through page after page after page of spam bot threads.... possibly. either that or im just lagging.

shojen123
shojen123
1,290 posts
Nomad

no your not lagging some of the threads have been restored but i had 4+ people say they had the same problem

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

1) It's happening to everyone.

2) It's another forum glitch.

3) It's most likely related to the recent forum glitch or something to do with the spambots, like a forum reset/change.

4) There "was" a thread in the Support and Suggestions forum called HEEELLLLPPP!! which I had already posted on and "would" refer you to if I could find it, but since I can't I'll just briefly put in what I had there, knowing that this is a dup, but w/e.

Yes, there's a glitch and everyone is experiencing it, making threads about your lost useless AP and your abouts and that the threads are all out of line date-wise and that some posts are disappearing just adds more work for the mods to clean up afterwards. So please, just be patient. Read a book, play outside, shoot some people on CoD, roll around on the floor crying because your flash games forum is doing what the guy who made the Kony video was on when he got arrested, but don't post more threads about this please.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It's most likely related to the recent forum glitch or something to do with the spambots, like a forum reset/change.

There was also the database maintenance they did last week.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

oh yeah speeking of ap lost, that happened to me too.
well i was just wondering if it was just me, because last time this happened, it was only me.... it was weird.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Here's a weird little anomaly I found. It looks like page 2 of that Hunger Games thread is hungry for ancient posts.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Yeah I saw that too Ernie. I can't even imagine how that happened. It looks like it either decided to dredge together random posts from other threads or linked it to some ancient page 2 of another thread and messed up the dates. Some posts that come after were posted a year before the one prior to it...maybe AG has stumbled onto the secret of time travel?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

or linked it to some ancient page 2 of another thread and messed up the dates.

The thing about those posts, though, is that they all seem to be from different threads. A few of them look like opening posts to lost threads (one of them was obviously sucked in from the ol' Count to 100 thread). The remaining posts appear to be people who figured out how to post in "secret topics", which also somehow ended up there.

And the strangest part of all of this is that the dates are in reverse-chronological order. Now, if that isn't the most bizarre glitch I've ever seen, I don't know what is.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

All that weird stuff has happened to me, too. I wish it would be fixed already.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's being fixed as we speak. I highly doubt the admins are just sitting there in their fancy armchairs in front of the fireplace sipping tea and laughing at us because there's nothing we can do about the glitches.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It's being fixed as we speak. I highly doubt the admins are just sitting there in their fancy armchairs in front of the fireplace sipping tea and laughing at us because there's nothing we can do about the glitches.

I doubt they're working on these things in the middle of the night.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

The thing about those posts, though, is that they all seem to be from different threads.

I realized that and included it in my list of possible explanations.

"It looks like it either decided to dredge together random posts from other threads"

All that weird stuff has happened to me, too. I wish it would be fixed already.

Well, things appear to be fairly normal again. The threads aren't all out of wack, although a few are still missing and there are other bugs still, it's not quite so major.

I doubt they're working on these things in the middle of the night.

The server time isn't California time. It's 8pm there atm.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The server time isn't California time. It's 8pm there atm.

It's 9:30pm, but either way, it is still pretty late to be at work.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

You're right about strange things! My profile just went nuts when I gave it a bit more text! O_o
Ugh, Now i need to sort out my profile D=

Showing 1-15 of 56