ForumsThe Tavernstrang things happening on AG.....

56 6930
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

hi....so basicly i have been going to threads and noticed something strange, most of the some what recent post are gone. i also have noticed that my profile changed even though i havent changed it and now it will not change back. i have also seen the threads and they are like "random thread-last post 3 weeks ago". just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or if it is time for a new cpu...

• 56 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

why are spam bots spamming? only to get more viewers? there should be a programm or so to stop spam bots...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

They are spamming to advertise the videos, and to bump their position in google search. Which, all in all, is just about getting more money.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

But isnt there something to be done. I think it is just a person (or multiple) which use a proxy server in case of IP ban.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think it is just a person (or multiple) which use a proxy server in case of IP ban.

They're most likely bots programmed by people (or just people), and judging by the links they provide (no, I did not click on them) they seem to all be from the same general site.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

They're most likely bots programmed by people (or just people), and judging by the links they provide (no, I did not click on them) they seem to all be from the same general site.

That last part has created an idea. If the site could be stopped, the bots would also be stopped. Unfortunately, I don't think AG has a way to do this. Also, some people think that the spambots will move to another site soon. Until then, we have no solution other than thread deletion and the banning of spambots.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I think all of it is related to AGV3 coming out. it IS supposed to reset AP sooo. also bad spambotting in the forum games... BAD.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If the site could be stopped, the bots would also be stopped. Unfortunately, I don't think AG has a way to do this.

Maybe they can't block the site, but they can definitely censor it. All of the links are "blogspot" links, so perhaps if they were to censor that or some other common factor(s) within the links, the adbot surge would die down, as their links would no longer be valid.
amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

this is nothing once i saw something it was like this first page in forum games : 6th post 4 hours ago 7th post 42 years ago !!!! 8th post 5 hours ago !!!!!!!!!!!!! and i was like WTF !! AND LOL ROFL !!

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

doesnt AG have programmers and by programmers i mean Hackers ... well they can hack the site ... LOL i know you may say its stupid its illigall but you know ... they guys who are advertising are doing a illigall work too ... AG can simply hack the site ... destroy it or something ...

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I think all of it is related to AGV3 coming out. it IS supposed to reset AP sooo. also bad spambotting in the forum games... BAD.

There was maintenance a week or so ago, and I think that's the cause of the glitches. Here's my theory of causes as far as glitches go:

Maintenance caused the glitches, but AG3 is delaying the solution.

doesnt AG have programmers and by programmers i mean Hackers ... well they can hack the site ... LOL i know you may say its stupid its illigall but you know ... they guys who are advertising are doing a illigall work too ... AG can simply hack the site ... destroy it or something ...

If the admins could hack the site and cause it to shut down, that would stop the adbots, but AG would then get in trouble.

Maybe they can't block the site, but they can definitely censor it. All of the links are "blogspot" links, so perhaps if they were to censor that or some other common factor(s) within the links, the adbot surge would die down, as their links would no longer be valid.

Cenere said that the adbots spam for Google search position, and that does not rely on the links working. Besides, I have seen "live stream" threads with broken links. Therefore, I don't think your solution will work. However, I also see a way that Google could stop the spam:

If Google changes the way its search results are ranked such that spamming will not improve the position, the spam would be stopped.

Based on what I know, the only thing we as users can do is flag the spam threads.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I wonder if all of the adbots are just another April fool's day thing. liiiiiikkkeee.... we're going to get on here tomorrow or the next day when it is April 1st and it's going to be swamped with adbot spam... and at the end of the day they'll say "they never existed..." -directed by M. Night Shyamalan

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I wonder if all of the adbots are just another April fool's day thing. liiiiiikkkeee.... we're going to get on here tomorrow or the next day when it is April 1st and it's going to be swamped with adbot spam... and at the end of the day they'll say "they never existed..." -directed by M. Night Shyamalan

I don't see how AG could create a bunch of adbots like that. That is an interesting theory though.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Update: CAPTCHA has been implemented. In time, the effectiveness of CAPTCHA will be determined.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

It might just be a fun way in their opinion to introduce AG3 or new parts of AG3...what if they wrote their own spam bots so as to see if they could beat their own spam bots O:??!?!? -Directed By M. Night Shyamalan

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

-Directed By M. Night Shyamalan

What does "M. Night Shyamalan" have to do with your posts?

beat their own spam bots

If you are correct, then CAPTCHA might be AG's attempt to beat the spam bots.
Showing 31-45 of 56