ForumsThe Tavernstrang things happening on AG.....

56 6929
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

hi....so basicly i have been going to threads and noticed something strange, most of the some what recent post are gone. i also have noticed that my profile changed even though i havent changed it and now it will not change back. i have also seen the threads and they are like "random thread-last post 3 weeks ago". just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or if it is time for a new cpu...

• 56 Replies
Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

I wonder if all of the adbots are just another April fool's day thing.

Its not a very funny prank if it is one. Its just annoying really and they've come up with better things before. I think its just people trying to make money hopefully the CAPTCHA will stop it. I 'spoes we'll see soon.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

What I meant was that they're gonna give AG the socially transmitted cyber disease of spam bots (like cyber crabs) and then kill it... so as to be prepared for when a legitimate problem were to show up. It's similar to the idea of vaccinations. I mean... I'm more than likely wrong. I'm just having fun with it.

Anyone remember this from last year?
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/Sonatavarius/gantic.jpg
;3

Mr. Shyamalan is notorious for his ridiculous twists he incorporates into the movies he writes and directs. It was silly for me to reference it like that, but people will often times say add a ridiculous twist to some story and then say "Directed by M. Night Shyamalan" just because they find it humorous... you obviously didn't. My apologies for my bad humor.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

*fails CAPTCHA because cannot spell*

So now the CAPTCHA is implemented for forum posts. There goes my fantasy of having Mike Tyson as a registered AG friend... And like other solutions, it works best if we have a day to record the results of how the solution worked. The registered CAPTCHA didn't work, maybe the forum post one will.

@picture: no amount of portrayal or imagery can fully explain Gantic's wrath.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The registered CAPTCHA didn't work, maybe the forum post one will.

I didn't know of any CAPTCHA for account creation on AG.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Oh great, now I have to enter a frickin' CAPTCHA when I post. I can't even read some of these... and the audio ones don't make sense either.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I don't know if I'm a human or not!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Exactly! I fear for people like Ernie, who are robots.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

It seems the captcha isn't helping. More spam ads were recently posted in the Forum Games.

here, here, here and here.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I fear for people like Ernie, who are robots.

I've already failed the CAPTCHA once, and that's not even counting all the times I've had to refresh the page.

Luckily my AI does include the ability to read, so 70% of the time I can figure out what the CAPTCHA is saying.
Showing 46-54 of 56