ForumsThe TavernRIDDLES!!!! YAY!!!!!

57 10406
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

first riddle, winners declared by first correct answer.

Riddle one:

I am bacterial waste, oh yes,
But just what type, can you guess?
Some put me on their fish and chips,
Others on floors to prevent slips.
Some put me on salads, some in stews,
Some on windows, even shoes.
So I'm bacterial waste, oh yes,
But my name can you guess?

• 57 Replies
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm....this looks fun...I suppose its vinegar? Cos vinegar is used on fish and chips often, and sometimes my ma uses it to clean the house when we're out of anti bacterial formula.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

I am VINEGAR, I'll bet you guessed.
I'm used on food for the taste test.
I'm used as a cleaner on floors, windows & shoes.

looks like Evilfishy111 has won, next riddle:

Inside each set of the following words, there are a pair of smaller words. By putting & between them, lo & behold, you'll make a familiar phrase. For example, "Thighbone/Swallowtail" conceals "High & Low."

1. Skyrocketing/Trolleyman
2. Thermometer/Apoplexy
3. Delaware/Bordering
4. Surprised/Trashiness
5. Throughout/Stumblebum

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

1.Rock & Roll
2.mom & pop
3.Law & Order
4.Rise & Shine
5.Rough & Tumble

Did I get it?

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

too good for me, do you have a riddle murasaki? or should i put up another one.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Please put up another one, Reaper.
I enjoy solving riddles.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

Emperor Akbar once ruled over India. He was a wise and intelligent ruler, and he had in his court the Nine Gems, his nine advisors, who were each known for a particular skill. One of these Gems was Birbal, known for his wit and wisdom. The story below is one of the examples of his wit. Do you have it in you to find out the answer?

One day a scholar came to the court of Emperor Akbar and challenged Birbal to answer his questions and thus prove that he was as clever as people said he was.

He asked Birbal: "Would you prefer to answer a hundred easy questions or just a single difficult one?"

Both the emperor and Birbal had had a difficult day and were impatient to leave.

"Ask me one difficult question," said Birbal.

"Well, then tell me," said the man, "which came first into the world, the chicken or the egg?"

"The chicken," replied Birbal, very confidently.

"How do you know?" asked the scholar, a note of triumph in his voice.

What did Birbal answer to this?

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

i think he may have said something like this you said you only ask one difficult question

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

very close, the answer is that birbal would only answer one question.

next riddle

Emperor Akbar once ruled over India. He was a wise and intelligent ruler; and he had in his court the Nine Gems, his nine advisors, who were each known for a particular skill. One of these Gems was Birbal, known for his wit and wisdom. The story below is one of the examples of his wit. Do you have it in you to find the answer?

Once, Birbal was invited to Persia by the Persian king. He was honoured with celebrations in his honour and many presents and gifts were heaped on him.

After a few days of revelry and enjoyment, it was time to head back home. On the eve of his departure, a nobleman of Persia asked him how he would describe the king of Persia in comparison to his own king.

"Your king is the full moon," said Birbal. "Whereas mine is like the quarter moon."

The Persians were very happy with this answer and sent Birbal off with great pomp and gaiety.

But when Birbal got home, he found that Emperor Akbar was furious. It was obvious that information about his &quotraise" of the Persian king had preceded his own arrival.

"How could you belittle your own king?" demanded a furious Emperor Akbar. "You are a traitor!"

Birbal objected to this and said that he had, in fact, praised his own king! How did Birbal explain this to the king?

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

I give up. What is it? If u dont want to post it, let me know on my profile.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

A full moon diminishes were as a half moon gets stronger day by day so he was actually praising the king.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

jazmoon has it. strangely close to the answer on the site i got it from. but correct all the same.

next riddle

A dude went to a party and had some of the punch. He then went home early. Everyone else at the party who had the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die? Please note that he did not add the poison. Also nothing was added to punch after he left.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Are you suggesting i cheated, well i didn't i swear. I love riddles and i had herd that one before. I

A dude went to a party and had some of the punch. He then went home early. Everyone else at the party who had the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die? Please note that he did not add the poison. Also nothing was added to punch after he left.

I'm not sure about that ones. Its tricky but is something like the poison was in the ice and he had no ice in his punch or something like that.
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

Are you suggesting i cheated

never

you got it again, the ice had the poison, but since he drank his quickly the ice didn't melt and he was fine. as the party went on everyone else's ice melted and the poison was released.

NEXT!!!!!

In olden days you are a clever thief charged with treason against the king and sentenced to death. But the king decided to be a little lenient and lets you choose your own way to die. What way should you choose?
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Emperor Akbar

Hahahahaha. I thought of this when I read "akbar" XD
-
And I've got a geographical riddle it's quite funny actually: "What did Tennessee?" (The answers are below)
-
-
-
-
-
-Answer #1: "The same thing Arkansas."
-
-
-
-
-Answer #2: "I don't know. Alaska."
=
As for the riddle at hand... You choose to die of old age! XD
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

"O king, please don't try to drown me in 2 inches of water! That is what I would hate the most! O, please, please don't do that!!!" that would be my answer. Here's one for you:
What is always falling, but stays in the same place?

Showing 1-15 of 57