ForumsThe TavernRIDDLES!!!! YAY!!!!!

57 10404
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

first riddle, winners declared by first correct answer.

Riddle one:

I am bacterial waste, oh yes,
But just what type, can you guess?
Some put me on their fish and chips,
Others on floors to prevent slips.
Some put me on salads, some in stews,
Some on windows, even shoes.
So I'm bacterial waste, oh yes,
But my name can you guess?

• 57 Replies
Cheesehead_Man
Cheesehead_Man
19 posts
Nomad

The person was sleeping on a water bed and the killer punctured the bed with the scissors and the victim drowned.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

The person was sleeping on a water bed and the killer punctured the bed with the scissors and the victim drowned.

yeppers

new riddle

A black dog stands in the middle of an intersecton in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

A black dog stands in the middle of an intersecton in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?

There was lighting from the storm, so the driver saw the dog.
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

There was lighting from the storm, so the driver saw the dog.

close. but no cigar.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The dog was wet, so the driver saw the moonlight reflect off the dog's back?

Just a shot in the dark here, so to speak.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

You didn't say the driver turned to avoid the dog, maybe he just turned and never saw the dog?

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

You didn't say the driver turned to avoid the dog, maybe he just turned and never saw the dog?

great guess, but you guys are getting too complicated. its annoyingly simple.
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

I've got a long shot: Maybe the dog was panting and the driver saw it's red tongue.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It's day time.
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

It's day time.

oh you got it. deceptively simple.

next riddle

Many years ago a wealthy old man was near death. He wished to leave his fortune to one of his three children. The old man wanted to know that his fortune would be in wise hands. He stipulated that his estate would be left to the child who would sing him half as many songs as days that he had left to live.The eldest son said he couldn't comply because he didn't know how many days his father had left to live and besides he was too busy. The youngest son said the same thing. The man ended up leaving his money to his third child a daughter. What did his daughter do?
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

i don't like that one too much, so were gonna have two this time.

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

How did the man win the bet?

He wrote "your exact weight" on the piece of paper.

Still working on the first one. I have a few theories but they don't make quite enough sense to be a logical answer.
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

He wrote "your exact weight" on the piece of paper.

correct, i also would have accepted, "he wrote every number between 1 and 1000 on a piece of paper"

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

new one, i love this one. for those who have heard it, wait a bit before answering.

A cowboy rides into town on Thursday stays three days and leaves on Thursday. How is that possible?

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

sorry, im kind of an anagram freak, jimi hendrix is the word puzzle, and as far as the 18 of september, i'm going to have to guess his birthday?? i have to tell you, at first glance, that one looked so **** hard. until i saw female fowl, which is a hen, the drixxird because it is mirrored, you cut in in half getting either drix or xird, pairing with hen, i got hendrix, and jimmy-1 is jmmy replacing m and y both with an i gets you jimi hendrix. without looking up september 18th i have to guess his birthday? how did i do?

Showing 31-45 of 57