ForumsGamesColony Summer Tournament 2012

273 33869
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Hello and Welcome to the "Summer Tournament of 2012 Colony Tournament" forum page

I would like to start a summer tournament for this year. I plan on starting all of the organization now since in past experience I have learned that if I wait to much longer everything will fail.

Now then, the first order of business will be to decide whether to have a 2v2 or 1v1 tournament. My vote goes towards 2v2 this year even though more planning will be involved to making this work.

Secondly, we will need to decide if it's going to be set up in groups (ABCD, EFGH, IJKL), stages (AvsB+CvsD=AvsC), or just have everyone plays everybody(AvsB, AvsC, AvsD...).

Third, should we come up with some requirements such as beat a player or group of players in a game? Or beat computers? Or win in a weekly scheduled pre-tourney entry game?

After all of that is figured out/even before all that is decided we need people to sign up. If we can't get enough people to sign up there's no tournament anyway.

Leave comments down below if you have questions/concerns/anything else. My profile is also a place I will check if you need to contact me.

-(#&$$

• 273 Replies
MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

um...8pm is 1am for me

ChaoticCorps
ChaoticCorps
5 posts
Nomad

No no no im not with pwny corps because ChaoticCorps is DarkBiteTheLegend!!!

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

I will not be able to be online today due to a family issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please post all the match wins/loses on my profile so we dont spam this forum page and get it locked. One person from each team should post the match statistics. Please be honest about it. Each teams gets 1 redo in the first 1 minute of the game due to lag or DQ. Do not abuse this. Play fair and if anyone hacks or glitches report them on my profile. I am sorry jord and toast we will have to play tomorrow, same to you speak. See you guys tomorrow!

PwnyCorps
PwnyCorps
3 posts
Nomad

No no no im not with pwny corps because ChaoticCorps is DarkBiteTheLegend!!!

Thanks for this quick reply... 1 day before the tournament!!
I'll play 2v1 then if i can't find another decent partner, not a coward.

And btw, why did you subscribed twice?
MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

Why are you playing 1 match per day instead of just doing them all in one day?!?! How many days is this tourney going to run for...like 6 days? Have you even thought this through?

You will have 50% no shows per day, if you are very lucky. Assuming 6 days, that means you will have a 3% turn-out in the end, and that's discounting the teams that are disqualified because one partner doesn't show up. As a 1v1 tourney it would be bad, but as a 2v2, I doubt there would be more than 4 matches played, and that's just on the first day.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

It seems that Killersup is the only one without a partner,so screw it.Killersup is dropping out of this contest.However Killersup would like to put 5000$ on darktrooper and his partner

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Everyone can play there games on whatever day Miami... i just made two seperate days so if u couldnt make it to one you could make it to the other. Has anyone played their matches yet?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I will play or to late?

colony101
colony101
44 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, I was on bros acc and he didn't logout

gamemaster2012
gamemaster2012
28 posts
Nomad

U failed Chess no offense lack of organization and the date was a huge failure better luck next time.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Hey hey hey we still had four teams competing I think ;D

doode97
doode97
15 posts
Nomad

Too late to join?

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

yeah theres still 4 teams... sry i havent been on in 2 days...

soccer whats ur teams record... zachh or Miami whats ur teams record... and pos whats ur teams record XD

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

We lost to you and kitkat 2-0, we lost to miami and zachh 2-0, but we beat vita and dashman 2-0 because pos had lag or something.

doode97
doode97
15 posts
Nomad

Too bad.

Showing 256-270 of 273