ForumsGamesColony Summer Tournament 2012

273 33864
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Hello and Welcome to the "Summer Tournament of 2012 Colony Tournament" forum page

I would like to start a summer tournament for this year. I plan on starting all of the organization now since in past experience I have learned that if I wait to much longer everything will fail.

Now then, the first order of business will be to decide whether to have a 2v2 or 1v1 tournament. My vote goes towards 2v2 this year even though more planning will be involved to making this work.

Secondly, we will need to decide if it's going to be set up in groups (ABCD, EFGH, IJKL), stages (AvsB+CvsD=AvsC), or just have everyone plays everybody(AvsB, AvsC, AvsD...).

Third, should we come up with some requirements such as beat a player or group of players in a game? Or beat computers? Or win in a weekly scheduled pre-tourney entry game?

After all of that is figured out/even before all that is decided we need people to sign up. If we can't get enough people to sign up there's no tournament anyway.

Leave comments down below if you have questions/concerns/anything else. My profile is also a place I will check if you need to contact me.

-(#&$$

• 273 Replies
TheDarkSquirrel
TheDarkSquirrel
4 posts
Nomad

You won't be able to play greghore, no hackers allowed...

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Sounds like it will be a good one this year, I think starting earlier will help for setting it up and all of that. Also, for signups will you have to sign up with your together with your partner at the same time or is it just both teammates' consent some time or another or.....?

So I think I'll be able to join again this year, although the choice of my partner is still underway right now.

gamemaster2012
gamemaster2012
28 posts
Nomad

I'm in of course anything that has to do with colony im more then excited to join um.. i think teammates should be made be the people that want to be teams not pre arranged beacause if this is somewhat serious i wouldn't want to play with someone who 1.Might be a potential noob 2. I'm not use to their playing style 3. We have problems(cont) 4. who cant listen and try to do their own things im not going to get to much in orgazintion but i will offer my opinion and particapate for sure

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Hey this sounds like its going great and congrats on youre first 3 posts pill!

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I love the idea I get to take revenge on all those haters that think I hack and glitch DT07 strikes back 10fold XD.
at least this time I don't have to forfeit because of CPU issues like in 2010 2 years later I can strike back XD.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

This is a gaming tournament no? Signed if so.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Ok to start things off I mean summer as in like two or three months. It is happening then cause most of the people, or so it seems, that play colony are in their teens and are to busy to do it any other time.

We definitely have enough interest in this now to be able to start this tourney. It will be premade teams. In order to sign up both you and your partner have to contact me here, on my profile, or in colony. Stating:

Their partners name, the timezone there in, times they're normally online, and any date that they might not make it to.

Example:
partner name: partner 1
Timezone: EST
Times normally on: weekdays 9 AM - 11 PM weekends 12 PM - 3 AM

For dc'ds you have three dc'ds before being disqualified. If your Internet is having trouble just try playing on a different day.

What else...

Best 2/3 for normal matches 3/5 for semi and 4/7 for finals?
You have a week to complete normal matches 5 days for semis and 3 for finals?

How long is this... I hate iPods :P

Last thing is... Game mode will be normal, NO EXCEPTIONS. All governments are allowed.

I think that's it. Keep posting questions and signups and such

Brbgn
Brbgn
87 posts
Nomad

Really good idea.Colony is one of the best games on AG and a 2v2 summer tournament would hit the spot.

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I like colony a lot but not in summer (?)

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Well the teams that can keep up the best micro's and macro's have an advantage over those who can't use micro or macro.

thedark66
thedark66
9 posts
Nomad

I'll normally be on.

The problem is that i'm off the next 2 months. I will maybe not be able to confirm this. And i'm not sure who will be my partner. I guess i'll find one anyway.

I can be on at quite every time, I just need to be awared a bit before. I'm in europe timezone.

CaptainCorps
CaptainCorps
20 posts
Nomad

UGh i like 1v1 better but if its 1v1 i gurentee im in tip 6 :P in 2v2 i think ima make top 15 lol

CaptainCorps
CaptainCorps
20 posts
Nomad

my partner is fission :P

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Yes, this idea is quite interesting and I would like to be Capt's partner.

MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

Goodluck with the tournament. I have my doubts but do hope you succeed.

Btw 3 DCs is a very bad idea. DCs are just free resets, and 3 DCs are 3 free resets.

If you DC it should either be tough luck or alternatively maybe make 2 out of 3 games at a group stage and then 3/5 at knockout stages when there's only a few pairs left. A DC at this stage won't be as bad.

Or alternatively permit DC resets only within first 20 seconds of the game, although I can see arguments flaring up over this as well.

Showing 16-30 of 273