ForumsGamesColony Summer Tournament 2012

273 33865
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Hello and Welcome to the "Summer Tournament of 2012 Colony Tournament" forum page

I would like to start a summer tournament for this year. I plan on starting all of the organization now since in past experience I have learned that if I wait to much longer everything will fail.

Now then, the first order of business will be to decide whether to have a 2v2 or 1v1 tournament. My vote goes towards 2v2 this year even though more planning will be involved to making this work.

Secondly, we will need to decide if it's going to be set up in groups (ABCD, EFGH, IJKL), stages (AvsB+CvsD=AvsC), or just have everyone plays everybody(AvsB, AvsC, AvsD...).

Third, should we come up with some requirements such as beat a player or group of players in a game? Or beat computers? Or win in a weekly scheduled pre-tourney entry game?

After all of that is figured out/even before all that is decided we need people to sign up. If we can't get enough people to sign up there's no tournament anyway.

Leave comments down below if you have questions/concerns/anything else. My profile is also a place I will check if you need to contact me.

-(#&$$

• 273 Replies
MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

And recording should definitely be allowed. I don't notice any lag on most recorders. And without recording you can't prove who is glitching/hacking, so way more upside than downside.

gamemaster2012
gamemaster2012
28 posts
Nomad

well if its fission and captain corps together i only see it fair if i get MBA are u in Mba?

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

who wants to be my partner?

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

so here is whats happening as of right now...

How about no 3 dcs but they all have to be before 2 minutes into the game. Recordings will be of use here.

If someone hacks their stats probably say they're over rank 10 so I guess just type /stats and see what their rank is and talk to me if you see a problem.

And in other news...

Teams:

fission12 and CaptainCorps
Time zones: ? and ?
Times normally on: ? and ?

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

So we're assuming that none of us will build up a huge army that makes everyone lag and null out?

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Well at some point you have to attack. I mean theres really no way to come up with a fair dc rule. I understand that some people will just quit, others will actually null out.

So before two minutes you should know if you will lag and there wont be an end of game victory unless theres a double rush and a failed anti-rush attempt. I see that this is the most fair way. Also you have an amount of time, a week or so to play out all the matches.

Teams:
fission12 and CaptainCorps
Time zones: ? and ?
Times normally on: ? and ?

progamers4k
progamers4k
16 posts
Nomad

I would love to do a 2v2 tourny but summer is going to be tough for me

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Trying ill take you as a teammate!

Clausse
Clausse
66 posts
Shepherd

Yes i agree whit life rematch is not needed when enemy base is about to die and he or she gets disconnected and indeed 4 is to much if someone gets dced 3 times i think hes to buggy to be allowed in the tourney

ForbiddenOne
ForbiddenOne
145 posts
Nomad

Ehh.. I'll play with MBA, long time haven't played with him in for ever.

gamemaster2012
gamemaster2012
28 posts
Nomad

I decided that I wi be with TDH i'll give him the link to the forum and he already agreed but we wi give our required things to chessmaster

LegoMyLego27
LegoMyLego27
100 posts
Shepherd

Anyone want to be my partner?

thedark66
thedark66
9 posts
Nomad

I guess gamemaster you'll go with MBA.
Then who wants to be with me?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Hey why not dark I'll be with you if that works.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I'm not going to be in this one.

Showing 31-45 of 273