ForumsGamesColony Summer Tournament 2012

273 33871
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Hello and Welcome to the "Summer Tournament of 2012 Colony Tournament" forum page

I would like to start a summer tournament for this year. I plan on starting all of the organization now since in past experience I have learned that if I wait to much longer everything will fail.

Now then, the first order of business will be to decide whether to have a 2v2 or 1v1 tournament. My vote goes towards 2v2 this year even though more planning will be involved to making this work.

Secondly, we will need to decide if it's going to be set up in groups (ABCD, EFGH, IJKL), stages (AvsB+CvsD=AvsC), or just have everyone plays everybody(AvsB, AvsC, AvsD...).

Third, should we come up with some requirements such as beat a player or group of players in a game? Or beat computers? Or win in a weekly scheduled pre-tourney entry game?

After all of that is figured out/even before all that is decided we need people to sign up. If we can't get enough people to sign up there's no tournament anyway.

Leave comments down below if you have questions/concerns/anything else. My profile is also a place I will check if you need to contact me.

-(#&$$

• 273 Replies
MiamiBigAL
MiamiBigAL
105 posts
Nomad

Even better, disconnect within the first 3 minutes of the game and just say it was 2 minutes because there is no game clock to prove otherwise.

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

There is the problem of getting 4 people on at the same time

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Hes working on that by getting all our times -_-

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

so can i play too :l

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I will be participating and If I can I'll be partners with POS.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

I might have to reselect a partner cause i havent seen finalstorm in like 10 days :/ so im up for anyone.

TDDCmurrder
TDDCmurrder
9 posts
Nomad

I might have to reselect a partner cause i havent seen finalstorm in like 10 days :/ so im up for anyone.

1 question you cant reselect i saw final0storm321 ALREADY and he called 1vs1 for me and i won 2 times a row.
what i am saying is you cant reselect anybody
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

On Monday-Friday I'm usually active from 2:30-3:00PM then again from 5:00-8:00PM.
As for my time from this time that I posted you have to subtract 3 hours to get my area's time which is currently 6:11AM.
Hope this information helps you out "cheesemaster" XP.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Thats not thew same finalstorm. my final storm was like this: FinalStorm. And i havent seen him in like 10 days.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

And thats a different finalstorm than the one i know.

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

In an effort to make this a success, I'm going to repeat:

TOO MANY DC ATTEMPTS. Players are going to scam the system.

"Oops I built the wrong building as my 2nd building to counter the opponent. But wait, I can just alt f4 and say I dc'd! Redo booyaaa"

2 Resets (if deemed appropriate after seeing game footage) is MORE than enough.

I applaud the effort chessmaster's making, and think it's best to get people's playtimes and whatnot to make the actual tourny as reliable to happen as possible.

I would also recommend that players choose their partners #1 not on the forum "hey you wanna team up?" "kk we be partners"

Find your partner on Colony, play with each other, see if you work well together, then choose.

I would not be surprised if by the end of this there are only like 12 teams, and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I would suggest capping it at 12 teams. Organizing anything larger would be mayhem. 12 teams allows for first round of matches to eliminate 6 teams. Round 2 matches eliminate another 3 teams, leaving 3 teams for the finals. This would leave team 1, 2, and 3 let's say. At this point, I think it might be neat to do this: Let's say team 1 has won all games but 3, team 2 has won all games but 2, and team 3 was undefeated on the way up to the finals. Team 3 gets rewarded by skipping that battle and is automatically in the top 2 match. Team 1 faces team 2 for the chance to compete against team 3. This method would reward teams that have perfect records/near perfect.

Anyhow, these are just me spewing some ideas. Take em or leave em.

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Also, different timezones may be a big problemo.

I wish you luck in coordinating.

-fiss

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

L0rdDrag0 and FinalStorm
Time zones: CST and ?
Times normally on: 4PM - 11 PM and ?

Clausse and massmurder
Time zones: ? and ?
Times normally on: ? and ?