ForumsThe TavernHistory fans

34 4470
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

{i hope its not sound too nersy}

well, im a big history fan. almost every thing Exciting me in history.

what is your "favorite", and wher did you learn about it?

for me, i very vey love the republic age of rome, the politics and the life style, adn WW2 too. afcours that as a jew and as an Israelian {and i hope as a human being} im very interested at the Holocaust, even more as my grandfather is a survivor, and his brother escaped nazi europe thankes to castner.

about rome, ican say that mostly from the great book "first man in rome" by voleen McCullough. very Recommended.

and about WW2, from school, from the great tv serios called "apocalyps" in the national geographic {very Recommended as well}.

{please, just replay if you realy know about it, and not from a video game or just because "the pyranids are cool"}.

• 34 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Neat, any good books you can recommend on shipbuilding? It's always fascinated me.

Dutch shipbuilding before 1800 : ships and guilds by Richard W. Unger.
The shipbuilders / written & illustrated by Leonard Everett Fisher.
Ships and seafaring in ancient times / Lionel Casson.
Sailing Ships by Bjorn Landstrom (I bought this one).

I don't know in which state you live but in mine I can search their catalog online, call them and request a book by it's number. That's what people normally do but I found a way to order them directly. When they call me I go pick up my item.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't know in which state you live but in mine I can search their catalog online, call them and request a book by it's number. That's what people normally do but I found a way to order them directly. When they call me I go pick up my item.

Doh, I forgot to mention that I was talking about public libraries.
xD
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I love military history. Weapons, strategies, opponents. It's great. I like any time period, but my favorite is American military history.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Check here as well for shipbuilding:
http://archive.org/search.php?query=shipbuilding%20AND%20mediatype%3Atexts

This e=book is interesting because it has illustrations:
Shipbuilding from its beginnings (Volume v. 3) - Konijnenburg, Emile van

Showing 31-34 of 34