ForumsWEPRIs Obama a good president?

242 62458
AgileCaribou
AgileCaribou
10 posts
Nomad

What has he done to help/hurt this country? I want to start getting into politics and I think it would be best to first understand what our current president has done to our country so I can learn from the next one. Please help me with as much information as you can.

• 242 Replies
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Is Obama a good president?

NO. He is setting up people in his government that wasn't elected. He spends too much. His health care plan is horrible. He was born in kenya (probably). He should be in jail, not in the white house!
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

NO. He is setting up people in his government that wasn't elected. He spends too much. His health care plan is horrible. He was born in kenya (probably). He should be in jail, not in the white house!

macfan, quit saying these things. you obviously know nothing except what your overly conservative parents pass to you (rhetoric, and cheerypicking of the facts)

He is setting up people in his government that wasn't elected

every president has done that. the only one who hasn't is george washington.

He spends too much.

because lobby groups like AARP are constantly nibbling at him, while the republicans are too stubborn to realize that keeping taxes this low will ruin us.

His health care plan is horrible.

I don't think you even know what his health care plan is. his plan was to make it easy for poor people to be able to get health insurance, make it mandatory to prevent people from having to spend so much, and make it so that people with pre-existing conditions are no longer able to be denied buy health insurance. if I remember right, doesn't your religion say to help the poor, the sick, and the afflicted? doesn't this mean that you are being hypocritical to one of the fundamental rules of christianity?

He was born in kenya (probably).

he was born in hawaii, and he has already shown his birth certificate which proves it (the actual one, not the summary one).

He should be in jail, not in the white house!

baseless claims have no meaning here, macfan. learn the facts before you decide to put your foot in your mouth.

-Blade
AgileCaribou
AgileCaribou
10 posts
Nomad

Do you think Obama suddenly claimed to support same sex marriage to purely gain votes? Why would he wait all this time to finally support same sex marriage?

@Blade; Why do you mean "lobby groups like AARP"? What are lobby groups?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

the only one who hasn't is george washington.

He did. He was able to select his cabinet. Granted, it was only 4 people, but they weren't publicly elected to their positions.

learn the facts before you decide to put your foot in your mouth.

I doubt he's got any feet left. He's more like the Black Knight in Monty Python. He finds victory in simply never giving up.

What are lobby groups?

Here.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Do you think Obama suddenly claimed to support same sex marriage to purely gain votes? Why would he wait all this time to finally support same sex marriage?

I'm guessing because of not only to gain votes for his next term, but because of the fact that the president is more or less useless until the 2nd term. if he wins, he can finally stand his ground on what needs to be done for the nation (like gay rights), not just doing what the voters want.

P.S. If romney wins, he will do the exact same thing, but it will take longer before anything really gets done.

-Blade
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

He spends too much.

The Reps spent trillions on the Iraq War.

Born in Hawaii. Stop trying to argue when you can't get the bare basics right. Also, your callow comment on how someone being born outside of the USA shouldn't be allowed to run for the Presidency is disgusting.
tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

LOOK AT THE U.S. DEBT THEN YOU WILL KNOW.....I mean seriously lets use common sense here.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm guessing because of not only to gain votes for his next term, but because of the fact that the president is more or less useless until the 2nd term. if he wins, he can finally stand his ground on what needs to be done for the nation (like gay rights), not just doing what the voters want.

P.S. If romney wins, he will do the exact same thing, but it will take longer before anything really gets done.

I totally agree with you on this. If he gets a second mandate and has enough Democrats to pass his bills without interference from the criminals, warmongers and racists who hides in the Republican camp, we'll finally see some goods being done and each of us (normal people) will benefit from it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

LOOK AT THE U.S. DEBT THEN YOU WILL KNOW.....I mean seriously lets use common sense here.

Another one so ignorant about the economy? Obama might have increased the debt, but the debt has already been increasing for the past few decades. Also, he inherited a system which was bogged by foreign adventures, which is a key reason why the debt is so high, even during his tenure.

Suck it up and read more before posting erroneous arguments.
dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

In my mind, Obama is not a good president. he has done nothing to help this contry. Many people here are losing jobs and their homes. He promised to give jobs, so he gave billions upon billions to start jobs in other countries. The economy is suffering badly + there is high inflation, our debt is higher than ever before (3 trillion+ last I checked), he is simply letting the illegals come over here, He wants our guns taken away, and Obama is okay with abortion (which is wrong).

btw, the south african constitution is NOT better than the U.S. constitution.
also- notice how the press don't say anything bad about Obama. They couldn't stop writing bad stuff about Bush. even though Bush wasn't a good president either.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

also- notice how the press don't say anything bad about Obama. They couldn't stop writing bad stuff about Bush. even though Bush wasn't a good president either.

Logically one could guess that they believe Obama to be a far better president...

btw, the south african constitution is NOT better than the U.S. constitution

Not sure where this came in but okay...

Obama is okay with abortion (which is wrong).

Your opinion.

He wants our guns taken away,

I haven't heard anything about this before, but admittedly I'm not very in the loop on what people say Obama has tried to do vs what he actually has done vs what he has actually tried to do but was blocked.

(3 trillion+ last I checked),

Congrats, you only underestimated it by 10 trillion.

The economy is suffering badly + there is high inflation,

It was doing that long before Obama became president.

so he gave billions upon billions to start jobs in other countries

Care to provide some sources for this?

He promised to give jobs,

No one can "give jobs" unless they own a company. What he promised to do was help create them.

Many people here are losing jobs and their homes.

Again, they were doing this long before Obama was in office.

he has done nothing to help this contry

I wonder how valid your statements are when you can't even spell country right.

In my mind, Obama is not a good president.

Obama could be a talking onion in your mind, that wouldn't make it so.
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I doubt he's got any feet left. He's more like the Black Knight in Monty Python. He finds victory in simply never giving up.
Oh, God, I remember that. So many lulz ensued.

If I could, I would vote for Obama. More likely I'll get my parents to, but, he pulled the troops out of Iraq. He's the first one to think that maybe spending billions upon billions over a war we already lost 4 years ago is probably a bad idea.

He helped stablize the economy. OK, he did not completely fix it, but he got it to where we're not in complete fear of a recession.

Don't blame everything on Obama. Bush did most of the crap. He started that WONDERFUL war we kept wasting money on.

All in all, he does good in my book.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

i agree bush was the best
obama did some great hthings a nichodemus said
but he need to help our recession a little more
but i think he was ok
i don't know a lot about mit romney so its hard to deermine it

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

he was born in hawaii, and he has already shown his birth certificate which proves it (the actual one, not the summary one).

his father was born in Kenya
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

i agree bush was the best

Did I seriously just hear someone say that?!

he has done nothing to help this contry.

He took office away from Bush. He already has done more than any other one.

Obviously you didn't.

The economy is suffering badly + there is high inflation,

It was much worse before he got in office. Explain that.

btw, the south african constitution is NOT better than the U.S. constitution.

Irrelevant

so he gave billions upon billions to start jobs in other countries

I think you have Obama confused with the corporations of America.
Showing 16-30 of 242