ForumsWEPRI don't understand america.

120 29276
Iliketehpie
Iliketehpie
32 posts
Nomad

I am a canadian, yet I do not understand how 15 trillion in debt, yet the most powerful economy. I know about alot of factors tie in, like powerful military big country...and what not. I still beleive in Manifest destiny, maybe not a military takeover, but enconomicly. To apparently the most powerful nation on earth.

• 120 Replies
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

I not good with economic crap but its simple.

We got big military and stupid politician. We give aid to countries with the false hopes of them repaying. Our military helps enforce crap that brings us money but we waste it on finding guys in jungles or in the desert. In the last 60 years we given aid to Nam, China, Japan, Mexico, Hatia, Canada, Germany, Russia, France, Canada, and lots more. We probaly leased 30 trillion and only got 3 trillion back. Our debt goes back to Rev War. Canada has debt back to 1950 or when ever it got independence

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the last 60 years we given aid to Nam, China, Japan, Mexico, Hatia, Canada, Germany, Russia, France, Canada, and lots more.

are you counting the marshall plan whit that or what?
beside the mashall plan most of the countrys listed here don't need financial aid. but your gov. gave it, so why would they deny the free aid? on the other hand have other country been a little smarter and rented money to the usa instead of giving.

(in the marshall plan it was agreed that the countrys didn't had to pay back. over 50 year ago, kinda late to ask for it now isn't it?)
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Nam- helped the south gave the food
France/Germany/Russia- 1950s post WWII
Japan-earthquake
Hatiti- earthquake
China- Wars
Canada and Mexico- stop crossing our borders

Well we go Osama i mean Obama. Lets shovel money into the furance that moves the country. We spend more than we earn. Part of the problem is the gold standard. We are off it (thx Nixon) becuz we aint got any gold. So we are aiding with paper, words, and troops

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Our debt goes back to Rev War.

actually, our debt of today has origins from WWII. we were a creditor nation back in the '20s, but we spent it all in the name of fighting nazis.

the WWII deficit was around 250billion, and then each president in turn kept adding to the defense budget, and kept giving off aid all over the world (due to keynesian politics). overtime, this lethal combination raised our deficit from the 250billion we had in WWII, to the 15trillion today.

HISTORY!

-Blade
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

there is still debt from Post-rev though. Lousiana, 1812, we still owe the french for their support in the rev. although we did create a ****hole over there after our rev (thats a whole different topic). we were 100mil in debt after the rev. where do we suddenly gain a 100mil. The civil war put us in huger debt.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

We are the biggest counrty as far as GDP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Nam - no idea. never heared of nam.
France/Germany/Russia - marshall plan
japan - didn't need financial aid. usa gave them by their own. (loads of countrys gave aid worldwide. mostly china)
Hatiti - this country needed financial aid.
China - yea war and killing is realy aid. after the usa went home there has been no aid i'm aware of. (except for paying what you and the japs destroyed)
Canada - why would they want to cross the border? canada is so much nicer and stable then the usa is. and why the hack would you give them financial aid?
Mexico - can you realy blame them for crossing the border? and what would financial aid help whit this problem? i don't see the logic in it.

also you do know that the usa debt started rocketing when bush started his 2nd turn right? obama is unable to instandly stop all the speding agreements bush had made.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

we are actually above all countries on the euro combined. USA!USA!USA!USA!

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

believe your BS, it still is BS.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Nam - no idea. never heared of nam.

Vietnam. dur

also you do know that the usa debt started rocketing when bush started his 2nd turn right? obama is unable to instandly stop all the speding agreements bush had made.

Its called two wars, natural crisis (Katrina, earthquakes, etc.), a recession and just pure luck. The economy is like history there a patterns
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

[quote]believe your BS, it still is BS.[quote]

I looked up debt by country
1. Usa
-. Euro nations.
@. China (i think)

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Vietnam. dur

just call the country by it's name plz.
it could just as easy be Namibia. no need for the "dur"

Its called two wars, natural crisis (Katrina, earthquakes, etc.), a recession and just pure luck. The economy is like history there a patterns

war he didn't think about but just started. we gave aid whit katrina and the earthquakes were not that massive that it was worte any attention.
recession we have all BECAUSE OF LEHMAN BROTHERS IN THE USA not only usa.
luck?¿?

btw to all that say that the debt comes from the revolution.
your country could easly have payed the debts by now.
argentina for example went bankrupt in the late 90's. today they are 1 of the fastest growing countrys.
here is a scale that shows that even the ww2 debt could be pay for alread.
http://zfacts.com/sites/all/files/image/debt/US-national-debt-GDP.png
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I looked up debt by country
1. Usa
-. Euro nations.
@. China (i think)

wtf are you trying to point out?
usa has the most debt? well thats old news.
euro nations have no debt? well your wrong, almost all euro nations are in debt. but they all have rented money to the usa they are waiting for to get back.

@. China (i think)

you looked something up and you end whit "i think" it doesn't look like you actualy looked it up.

anyway.

@ china? what @ china? china owes the entire usa debt? thats just silly. china owes less then 10% of the entire usa debt.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I am a canadian, yet I do not understand how 15 trillion in debt, yet the most powerful economy. I know about alot of factors tie in, like powerful military big country...and what not. I still beleive in Manifest destiny, maybe not a military takeover, but enconomicly. To apparently the most powerful nation on earth.

Well think of it this way. The dept is imaginary, no one can collect it, there is no way that it is going to get paid immediately.

euro nations have no debt? well your wrong, almost all euro nations are in debt. but they all have rented money to the usa they are waiting for to get back.

Do you really think your getting that money back?

war he didn't think about but just started. we gave aid whit katrina and the earthquakes were not that massive that it was worte any attention.
recession we have all BECAUSE OF LEHMAN BROTHERS IN THE USA not only usa.
luck?¿?

btw to all that say that the debt comes from the revolution.
your country could easly have payed the debts by now.
argentina for example went bankrupt in the late 90's. today they are 1 of the fastest growing countrys.
here is a scale that shows that even the ww2 debt could be pay for alread.

You don't realize how the economy works, do you? It goes up and down and up and down, roaring 20s and great depressions, really it is no surprise that our dept would to. Blaming the president really makes no since, considering Obama had one of the greatest raises while being democrat. Look at it again, but this time ignore the differences in party. Look how it goes up, then down, then up. Now it will probably go down again after it peaks. It is a pattern.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

@ china? what @ china? china owes the entire usa debt? thats just silly. china owes less then 10% of the entire usa debt.

its supoose to be a 2 i was ahead of myself when typing
Showing 1-15 of 120