ForumsThe TavernNostalgia

63 23455
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I found this site last year.
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html
I used to be a big Radio Shack customer back in the middle 80's all the way to 1994.
I bought Speakers, a tape player, some expensive (at the time) headphones The Optimus Pro 70(I still use them), an equalizer, a couple electronic kits, resistors, batteries packs, antennas, etc.
On the site, you can actually flip the pages of the catalogs.
I spent at least 3 hours one evening just looking at them.
It's amazing to be able to see the changes in technology over the decades from 1940 to 2000.

It brings back lots of good memories to me.
Anyway post your nostalgic memories here. Share the links if they exists so that we can see them.

• 63 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oops, I forgot to make the link clickable, sorry.
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I remember how excited I was when I got my first walkman! I was 9 at the time, so that would have been 1996. And the walkman was old news when I got it! xD

I'm obviously not old enough to remember most devices from the 80's/early 90's. =P

But at least it makes me feel young! =D

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I practically threw away my expensive Yamaha tape deck when I got my first computer with CD recorder. I used to spend lots of money of metal tapes. Recording on CD is so much easier. Now with Flash drives, we don't even need them. xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This thread is not just about electronics. It can be about your first toy, first car, bike, gun, hobbies you used to have, places you used to hangout, a TV show, etc. Anything that make you feel nostalgic. What was the good old time for you.
It doesn't matter if you are 15, 30, 45,60, or 100 yo.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I remember a time where Spongebob was actually entertaining.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Jeez, I still have my Walkman and it still works! ha ha ha

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

I remember watching TMNT religiously as a kid. I had toys, clothing, underwear, bed sheets, and even a mural painted on my wall. My parents finally found something I liked and stuck with it.

Another show that I used to watch was ReBoot. It wasn't on as often as TMNT, but when it came on I was glued to the TV.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

When I was a lad, my family couldn't afford these fancy-schmancy electronic devices. All we had was an old telly from the 60s.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Ooh ooh I remember I time when.... I learned how to ride a bike! Ah good times riding in circles around my small driveway for about two hours.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I remember the good ol' days when I could play Sim City 4 on my PC.

Now I have Windows 7 and I can never play the game again.

Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

It's kind of embarrassing but I just spent over $100 on an old vintage G.I. Joe Snake Eyes from 1985. I was afraid that I'd keep buying more and more of all the G.I. Joe, He-Man and Star Wars figures I had when I was a kid. But he was always the coolest anyway, I think he can represent all of them

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I'll bet I'm the only one here who grew up with the Rugrats!

I loved that show all throughout elementary school! I didn't watch it much after that, but I'll sometimes go back and watch episodes on Netflix to remind myself of my long since forgotten childhood innocence.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I found my PS one after 5 years.
It brought back some old memories

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Every time I see a NES or SNES it reminds me of how much fun it was when the house was full of kids and friends and we were playing like crazy and eating pizza. It makes me nostalgic when I think about it.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

$100 on an old vintage G.I. Joe Snake Eyes from 1985.
Hmmm, never played with dolls Tris ha ha ha but that looks like a collector's item!
Showing 1-15 of 63