ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 251388
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

It's slightly annoying arguing religion because the whole "you can't prove him wrong" thing is just stupid. That's a lame *** reason to believe in something. Just call it supernatural, of course you can't prove it wrong. It's just all obviously completely made up and made to the point you can't prove it wrong, because its BS.

Excuse me kind sir but on what grounds is religion "completely made up"?
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

You don't know me and you don't know why I believe so please don't act otherwise.

Why don't you read what I wrote again? Maybe you will actually read what I said.

Wow! I am so enlightened! People throughout history have all been engaged in a giant conspiracy! Of course!

Your going to need a bit more than censored words to show that tons of people throughout all history were horribly mistaken to this day.

I don't know if you understand, but yes... really. You do know religion is the opiate of the masses. It's a crutch for those in hard times. My point is that you can't prove it wrong, and that is a terrible reason to argue that it's right, or that something else (say evolution) is wrong.

And yes, all those people throughout history were mistaken. Just THINK maybe? Crusades, Jihads? IDK 9/11?

Excuse me kind sir but on what grounds is religion "completely made up"?

On what grounds is it not? It's just a book written by some sheepherders about 2,000 years ago with a bunch of crap written in it. How is it not made up? The only argument FOR religion is that you "can't prove it wrong". There's nothing more to it.

There's no way to prove anything in it is right, so it's all made up, you can't prove me wrong, so there!

I LOL at all the religious guys that get so butthurt that I would "question their belief system".
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Why don't you read what I wrote again? Maybe you will actually read what I said.

I read it and replied and I've no idea how what you wrote could mean anything more than what I believed it to.

I don't know if you understand, but yes... really. You do know religion is the opiate of the masses. It's a crutch for those in hard times. My point is that you can't prove it wrong, and that is a terrible reason to argue that it's right, or that something else (say evolution) is wrong.

Yes obviously me and the other atheists on here have written thousands of posts in debate because there is no other argument.

And yes, all those people throughout history were mistaken. Just THINK maybe? Crusades, Jihads? IDK 9/11?

Karl Marx was an atheist; Karl Marx is indirectly responsible for every major war in the 20th century; billions died.

On what grounds is it not? It's just a book written by some sheepherders about 2,000 years ago with a bunch of crap written in it.

If you could insult me correctly I may take you more seriously but alas you cannot.

The bible is all crap?

There's no way to prove anything in it is right, so it's all made up, you can't prove me wrong, so there!

*Yawn*

I LOL at all the religious guys that get so butthurt that I would "question their belief system".

Questioning?

Your purposefully insulting what we believe.
nova2772
nova2772
63 posts
Nomad

I LOL at all the religious guys who get so butthurt that I would " question their belief system"

Hurt? More like confused. Your "Its all made up" argument makes about as much sense as "You can't prove it wrong, therefore its right." I am going to need something more sensible to debate it.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Hurt? More like confused. Your "Its all made up" argument makes about as much sense as "You can't prove it wrong, therefore its right." I am going to need something more sensible to debate it.

Confused because I guess you are a moron. Why don't you read what I said if you wan't to "debate" it. The "you can't prove it wrong, therefore it's right." is the only argument FOR religion. That's what I have been saying. Thanks for helping me show that is doesn't make sense.

This is the reason why I say it's all made up.

So there you go.
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

On what grounds is it not? It's just a book written by some sheepherders about 2,000 years ago with a bunch of crap written in it. How is it not made up? The only argument FOR religion is that you "can't prove it wrong". There's nothing more to it.

The disciples were fisherman (mostly) actually so yeah. Actually there are plenty of arguments for religion, as in where we are today could not be achieved but for intelligent design, that there isn't really any other explanation for origins of the world, etc. so yeah. Nothing more to it? Like the Eucharist and eternal life and heaven, hell, purgatory as well as the beginning of the earth, sacred Tradition, and others. So yeah lets use our brains next time bud.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Confused because I guess you are a moron. Why don't you read what I said if you wan't to "debate" it. The "you can't prove it wrong, therefore it's right." is the only argument FOR religion. That's what I have been saying. Thanks for helping me show that is doesn't make sense.

This is the reason why I say it's all made up.

So there you go.

What are you talking about clearly the geological evidence points to a worldwide flood and not towards an evolutionists "view" of the fossil record.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

I read it and replied and I've no idea how what you wrote could mean anything more than what I believed it to.

OK then. I don't care why you believe what you believe. The end.

Yes obviously me and the other atheists on here have written thousands of posts in debate because there is no other argument.

The only "evidence" ever shown for creationism is that of "you can't prove it wrong, so there". That's what I am saying. And yes, there is no other argument?

Karl Marx was an atheist; Karl Marx is indirectly responsible for every major war in the 20th century; billions died.

Marx was not responsible for wars in the 20th century because he was an atheist. It was because of communism? Is that what you are pointing at? Communism is not Atheism. The atheism had nothing to do with it.

If you could insult me correctly I may take you more seriously but alas you cannot.

It wasn't an insult directed at you. But if it was, how was this not correct? You just say I cannot. I can just say you cannot do anything, but so what?

*Yawn*

Yes I know... Yawn is right... it's the only argument for religion, and it is very tiring.

Questioning?

Your purposefully insulting what we believe.

I'm insulting the idea that it could be taken as truth. Believe what you want, just don't get it confused with fact backed by evidence.
It's a belief, that's it. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own fact.
nova2772
nova2772
63 posts
Nomad

"You can't prove it wrong, therfore its right" is the only argument FOR religion.

I know that's not a valid argument. People all over the world have experienced impossible things- miricles. I'm sure you disregard witnesses as subscrbing to the above non-argument, so I guess we have to throw out all eyewtm=nesses as biased conspirators.

Why do we believe in anything, if we can't believe what we observe?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'm insulting the idea that it could be taken as truth. Believe what you want, just don't get it confused with fact backed by evidence.
It's a belief, that's it. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own fact.

Seriously show me ANY evidence for macro-evolution as this debate is going no where you say it's true I say it's not so prove it now!
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

The disciples were fisherman (mostly) actually so yeah. Actually there are plenty of arguments for religion, as in where we are today could not be achieved but for intelligent design, that there isn't really any other explanation for origins of the world, etc. so yeah. Nothing more to it? Like the Eucharist and eternal life and heaven, hell, purgatory as well as the beginning of the earth, sacred Tradition, and others. So yeah lets use our brains next time bud.

I don't think fisherman are more qualified than sheepherders anyway.

Are you seriously telling ME to use my brain next time? Look who's talking.

Actually there are plenty of arguments for religion, as in where we are today could not be achieved but for intelligent design, that there isn't really any other explanation for origins of the world, etc. so yeah.

This is what happens when you don't use your brain. kthx

Nothing more to it? Like the Eucharist and eternal life and heaven, hell, purgatory as well as the beginning of the earth, sacred Tradition, and others.

This isn't an argument for religion. It's just parts of the belief system.

What are you talking about clearly the geological evidence points to a worldwide flood and not towards an evolutionists "view" of the fossil record.

Wrong. The fossil record actually is layered and is layered in such a way that more evolved fossils are found nearer the surface. (or were there sooner...)
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Wrong. The fossil record actually is layered and is layered in such a way that more evolved fossils are found nearer the surface. (or were there sooner...)

Nuhuh when you look at the sun it shrinks right? If we trace back time and see that it would have grown as we go back the Earth would have burned!!!
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Seriously show me ANY evidence for macro-evolution as this debate is going no where you say it's true I say it's not so prove it now!

Bacteria. Bye.

Why do we believe in anything, if we can't believe what we observe?

No. Just no. Believing what you see as an event is fine. Saying it's a miracle and that God did it. That's just making shit up.
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

I don't think fisherman are more qualified than sheepherders anyway.

Are you seriously telling ME to use my brain next time? Look who's talking.

Well as Jesus' followers I'm guessing yeah XD
This is what happens when you don't use your brain. kthx

Will you attempt to refute it or not? So please do if you can kthnx
This isn't an argument for religion. It's just parts of the belief system.

I'm simply letting you know it's arrogant as well as ignorant to assume there isn't much to religion.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Nuhuh when you look at the sun it shrinks right? If we trace back time and see that it would have grown as we go back the Earth would have burned!!!

When I look at the sun, it burns my eyes. And stays the same size. There was also another thread on the expansion/shrinking of the sun. I am not familiar with the sun and it's properties and history, so I won't comment any further on that.

Except that I was under the impression that the sun, is sort of on it's way out, and will slowly expand into a red dwarf and get real big and engulf the earth.
Showing 976-990 of 1486