The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 258253
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

You have two choices at this point argue against him or leave I don't care but don't flame him for what he believes.

If he is indeed trolling then he doesn't actually believe what he's saying.

Given how similar in posting style a believer and a troll can be I suppose it would be best to give benefit of doubt.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

@MageGrayWolf, your so ridiculous.

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

The lesson from that story is that no matter how much evidence is thrown at you evolutionists, you aren't going to admit that Creation is the only logical answer.

Okay, this is completely ridiculous. As Mage said, however, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume this is your belief.

First of all. Dead men can bleed. There is still blood in your body, and if you prick a dead body, blood will come out... This is beside the point.

@ the bold section: How can you say Creation is the only logical answer? Of course Creation "makes sense" because it was created to fit and to make sense. You can't prove it wrong, but that's the only argument for creation. Just making up something that can't really be proven wrong or right, is just covering up the real truth and impeding real scientific progress.

Evolutionism is a stupid theory that was created as a way to ignore God, the Bible, and the truth.

Creationism is a stupid theory that was created as a way to ignore reason, logic, thought, and science.

You have two choices at this point argue against him or leave I don't care but don't flame him for what he believes.

Okay Samy, there.

Given how similar in posting style a believer and a troll can be I suppose it would be best to give benefit of doubt.
[quote]@MageGrayWolf, your so ridiculous.
[/quote]

Actually, he made a really good point there. There is not much difference between a troll and creationist argument here.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

your so ridiculous.

How so? Can you tell if NoobsforDummies is really that ignorant or stupid of what the theory states, or is he just making blatantly false statements just to see if he can get a rise out of someone?
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

How so? Can you tell if NoobsforDummies is really that ignorant or stupid of what the theory states, or is he just making blatantly false statements just to see if he can get a rise out of someone?

Thanks. That was my point, I think you stated it nicely as well.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Evolutionism is a stupid theory that was created as a way to ignore God, the Bible, and the truth.

You consider the Bible as the Truth.
What is written in the Bible is not obligatory true. The Bible is a set of texts written and collected over several hundreds of years. This means that it has mistakes, flaws, contradictions and errors.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Original post. You respond with things that do nothing to refute them, simply pitiful attempts to provoke me as well as divert attention form the giant hole in the statement you made:

Okay genius. I'm not sure if you ever read anything I wrote, because I refuted all your points. Your way of debating is to just ignore everything I say, and then try to tell me I never refuted your points.

If you read and acknowledge the fact that I wrote something, you wouldn't have to say I never talked about your points.

And what giant hole? Please explain this all
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

You should try to see it from the other side. I wonder about that all the time whenever one of you guys make a post. Are they serious about their evolutionism, or are they just trolling to antagonize Christians? But like they said earlier, you should give benefit of the doubt. Even if you think the other side is so wrong, you shouldn't go calling people names in here, or intimidating them into silence by referring to their arguments as dumb or whatever. That's what I meant by being ridiculous.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

You should try to see it from the other side. I wonder about that all the time whenever one of you guys make a post. Are they serious about their evolutionism, or are they just trolling to antagonize Christians? But like they said earlier, you should give benefit of the doubt. Even if you think the other side is so wrong, you shouldn't go calling people names in here, or intimidating them into silence by referring to their arguments as dumb or whatever. That's what I meant by being ridiculous.

If he actually had arguments with backing in reason or common sense, maybe we wouldn't call him a troll.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Covering a few point that got glossed over.

No one here's a scientist, so it's not redundant to use.

Yes it is, we use the same evidence as the scientists. You clearly seem to be using the term to denote that evolution is faith based like Creationism is. As exampled here.
I wonder about that all the time whenever one of you guys make a post. Are they serious about their evolutionism

@NoobsforDummies, assuming your serious.

The fact the some apes or whatever evolved and others didn't?

All primeapes evolved, we just evolved differently.

Why is it all monkey species are equally old, but some monkies decided to evolve and others didn't?

Evolution is the result of environmental factors and if there was an ecological niche for the species to fill. It was not a conscious decision.

Why monkies, when we are so incredibly different?

We didn't evolve from monkeys, we just share a common ancestor. The many differences are the result of many evolutionary changes in the species.

Sure, they're the closest animals to humans, but that doesn't mean they're close at all.

No there not, chimps are the closest.

no matter how much evidence is thrown at you evolutionists, you aren't going to admit that Creation is the only logical answer.

You've yet to provide any evidence for creation. Discrediting one theory doesn't automatically make another correct. So far all I have see is an attempt to discredit evolution while providing no evidence for creation.

Believing a scientific theory and believing in God are not mutually exclusive things. The only conflict with this theory comes from a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Of course Creation "makes sense" because it was created to fit and to make sense.

What evidence has show it to make sense?
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Yes it is, we use the same evidence as the scientists. You clearly seem to be using the term to denote that evolution is faith based like Creationism is. As exampled here.

First, you're still using Wiki, which we know is biased and incorrect. Second, evolutionism is used because evolution requires a belief. IT IS NOT A FACT. About 25% of all scientists don't believe in evolutionism, and most of all scientists believe in God.

Most Scientists believe in Creation.

According to a survey of members of the American Assn. for the Advancement of Science, conducted by the Pew Research Center in May and June this year, a majority of scientists (51%) say they believe in God or a higher power, while 41% say they do not.

"One wonders why, with all the evidence, the (Godless) theory of evolution still persists. One major reason is that many people have a sort of vested interest in this theory. Jobs would be lost, loss of face would result, text books would need to be eliminated or revised."
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Amongst those scientists, and please remember this, are the Young Earth Creationists and other assorted American loonies. try providing a wider range of countries next time.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

@MageGrayWolf, your so ridiculous.

This is sad if the quality of this board is reduced to this. I log off for a few hours and the thread has like 7 extra pages to it.

I like how yielee ignores a good 90% of people's retorts.

/trolling

You've yet to provide any evidence for creation. Discrediting one theory doesn't automatically make another correct. So far all I have see is an attempt to discredit evolution while providing no evidence for creation.

Teh BiBleZ Mage. It is the answer for everything.

Of course Creation "makes sense" because it was created to fit and to make sense

I don't see how the world was made by Ymir being cut up by Odin makes sense.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

First, you're still using Wiki, which we know is biased and incorrect. Second, evolutionism is used because evolution requires a belief. IT IS NOT A FACT. About 25% of all scientists don't believe in evolutionism, and most of all scientists believe in God.

Most Scientists believe in Creation.

According to a survey of members of the American Assn. for the Advancement of Science, conducted by the Pew Research Center in May and June this year, a majority of scientists (51%) say they believe in God or a higher power, while 41% say they do not.

"One wonders why, with all the evidence, the (Godless) theory of evolution still persists. One major reason is that many people have a sort of vested interest in this theory. Jobs would be lost, loss of face would result, text books would need to be eliminated or revised."

How can 25% of scientists not believe in The Theory of Evolution and yet most believe in creation. I thought 75% was greater than 25%, but who knows. And there is actual evidence for evolution, and there are people who believe in God and accept evolution.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Of course Creation "makes sense" because it was created to fit and to make sense

Hey sorry I seem to have confused people with this post I made. What I meant was that Creation can only be said to make sense because it's just this. "God can do anything, so he did it."

That's the argument for creation, and the way I meant it is created to make sense.
Showing 1051-1065 of 1486