The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 258291
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

According to science, the Big Bang created matter and space/time. The Big Crunch would get rid of it. Therefore, it is finite.

I didn't think the Big Bang explained how it was created, just that it was all dense in an area then expanded outwards.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

And how did the original Big Bang happen? How was the matter created?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

The current theory is either "A great stroke of luck" or " We don't currently know"

Take your pick, just don't throw a deity in it.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

I answered that question quite a few pages ago, please don't make me find it again...
This would be the 3rd time.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Just want to add one more things. I suppose you could call theistic evolution an -ism since it's not technically a scientific theory but instead a view on the scientific theory relating to some religious interpretations.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

We don't currently know"

Ah ha! I call hypocrisy! When you atheists ask us how God came to exist, you say you win the argument because we answer with that same answer. And yet here you are, using it. Does that mean I win?
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Meh... found it, likely nobody's gonna pay attention to it though.

Oi, the Big bang didn't come from a super condensed mass, I've explained this a few times already... time to find my old post.

[quote]If I may, I would like to give an abridged example of how most scientists believe the "Big Bang" happened.
First of all, it wasn't a bang, that name was invented by opponents of the idea to help discredit it, it was supposedly more of an expansion.

It is theorized at the center of every black hole is what is called a singularity, this singularity is so dense that it effectively causes space and time to disappear, and matter that is sucked into a black hole, therefore ceases to exist.
Since, if matter can disappear in a singularity, it is postulated that it can also reappear, in what we have taken to calling The Big Bang.

Here you go, a thank you to Stephen Hawking and the Discovery Channel.[/quote]
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

According to science, the Big Bang created matter and space/time. The Big Crunch would get rid of it. Therefore, it is finite.

I don't recall the theory saying it created matter/energy but was the result of it's existence.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Ah ha! I call hypocrisy! When you atheists ask us how God came to exist, you say you win the argument because we answer with that same answer. And yet here you are, using it. Does that mean I win?

Did you miss the "currently" part? We have not found the answer yet, but we are looking. Unless something has changed in religion, no one is looking for God/or scientific proof of God.
ALazyMonkey
ALazyMonkey
2 posts
Nomad

Ah, this is one of those rare arguments that will never truly find an answer. I honestly believe in Evolutionism because there are lots of evidence showing that we have evolved from other life. There isn't much
evidence explaining how someone just put us on this planet for a reason we have yet to figure out. One of the real possible ways to prove that creationism is plausible I believe is when they find The Ark of the Covenant. For those who don't know, The Ark of the Covenant is the chest the ancient Hebrews stored the two tablets that had The Ten Commandments inscribed onto them by God.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

This get's into a theory of a budding universe. However we are reaching the limits of current human knowledge at this point.

The part you lose at is not in the not knowing but asserting you know when you don't.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

ways to prove that creationism is plausible I believe is when they find The Ark of the Covenant. For those who don't know, The Ark of the Covenant is the chest the ancient Hebrews stored the two tablets that had The Ten Commandments inscribed onto them by God.

This wouldn't prove creationism it would only prove someone wrote down the ten commandments on tablets. If you remove the mysticism from that particular story it reads very much as God being a volcano.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

No. do you understand how science works? It's a constant process of discovery, evaluation, and re-evaluation. We don't know because we're still figuring it out. When you guys say you don't know, it's because there's a hole in your belief system.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

No-one really addressed my logic about the finite/infinite things.

The part you lose at is not in the not knowing but asserting you know when you don't.

What I said was regarding God's beginnings. No Christian says that they know how God began. So we aren't asserting that we know when we don't.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Here's a basic explanation of evolution made ID-iot simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5YhE3a5dqw

and the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyjufVuQZ48

Showing 1306-1320 of 1486