Heaven and hell: Real
Ghosts creeping you out: Unreal

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Heaven and hell: Real
Ghosts creeping you out: Unreal

If souls are real, why would ghosts be so far-fetched?

However I think both are only ideas and wishful thinking. There is no evidence of/need for immaterial entities.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well... i can swear i THINK i heard a ghost (and the timing that happened was just hoirbbly logical) but i wont say it as a proof. since its not important weather i believe in them or not i stay open minded and just say "why not?".

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I always believed that ghosts were real since I hear stuff that is impossible to hear otherwise since you can tell the difference between what you think you hear and what wasn't brought on by thought.
I have also had weird thoughts and dreams that have no connection to anything else I think or dream and usually quite disturbing.
So its not really ghosts as in semi-transparent beings flying about, but just unexplained outcomes.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I hope not. I have people that would threaten to haunt me. So I am hoping they are not real. They might be though. I really don't know.

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

I really don't know

Me too
RDF4
RDF4
87 posts
Nomad

They are as real as God himself...

-R4

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

I saw a ghost. It touched me in ways you could never imagine.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Wait seriously this many people actually believe in ghosts somewhat? Can you not consider how strange and illogical that would be if ghosts were real?

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

If ghosts were real, they'd just keep blapping some stuff like ''boooo'' or somthing like that, so we couldn't sleep at night. Ghosts are only your imagination when you're scared. Well, scared when it's dark, so soccerdude2 is right.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I guess many people ignore what you can do with magnetic, optic, auditive and various other phenomenon, and instead jump to the conclusion of the unnatural. It's easy to trick the human brain; for example there is good evidence that infrasound induces fear and anxiety in some people.

I suddenly asked myself, if ghosts were real and, by the standard definition, lost souls of dead people, shouldn't the world be literally crowded with ghosts? Here's something I found about the human population:

The population of today's living humans is around 7 billions (SOURCE).

How big is the number of humans that have ever lived? This is of course highly speculative and inaccurate, but some have tried to estimate the number as good as possible. One such result concludes that an estimated 108 billion people have lived since the beginnings of the modern humans (SOURCE).

That means the current population would make 6% of the total population since then (which sounds still relatively big). This means, if every human would turn to a ghost, there would be ca. 16 ghosts per living human.

Now of course even if one acknowledges the existence of ghosts, it depends on the detailed definitions of a ghost and their origin. But since most ghost sightings can be attributed to natural causes, and most unexplained sightings surely have natural explanations not found yet, that would leave a ridiculously small amount of actually unexplained events.

Not enough to really be convincing if you ask me.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I've never seen one and it's kind of hard to believe people who say they've had experiences with ghosts.

Salcin
Salcin
26 posts
Peasant

I don't really know. Many people think I'm silly if I believe in that. Thats why I don't think those things are real.
What would happened if something strange was going on in your home and you told them that but no one trusted on you... You would be frustrated of course, maybe sad.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I don't really know. Many people think I'm silly if I believe in that. Thats why I don't think those things are real.

so you dont believe because people expect you not to believe? i dont really think this is a good reason.

What would happened if something strange was going on in your home and you told them that but no one trusted on you... You would be frustrated of course, maybe sad.

that would be normal for me XP so i learned to say nothing when its not necesairy
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

@ somewhat, you mean like a poltergeist? they are the ghosts that many do not see, as in random stuff happening.

Showing 1-15 of 64