Nomad

Tell me if you think ghosts are real or fake

• 64 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

how nice. lol now proove that illusions arent ghosts XD

You cannot prove that all illusions aren't ghosts as well as you cannot prove that any illusion is a ghost. But I posted links here about some ways to explain how such illusions could happen. And there are certainly more depending on the specific situation.
dragonkeeper1
dragonkeeper1
8 posts
Peasant

Well, souls don't exist, so the idea that ghost, disembodied souls, exist, is completely illogical.

beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

Well, I've never seen one, but anything is possible...

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

i heard one the other day ago

DJGari
DJGari
36 posts
Shepherd

Yes

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

of course they exist. the soul of this thread is still here even though it already died isnt it?

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

There is absolutely no way at all ghosts are real.
I do not know how people think they are, its ridiculous.

gladiator999999
gladiator999999
66 posts
Nomad

The ghosts are dead people who have not yet gone to hell or to heaven; There may be, but I'm not scared!
Imagine if they could instead become our friends!

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I highly doubt the existence of ghosts as there is no real evidence of their existence, they are just ideas made up by people.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I believe they are real. I had a friend who's close friend had died, and some time after the funeral, my friend heard a knock at the door, and she answered it, and saw her friend's ghost, who said that she was "In a much better place"
And my friend, now, she was not someone to make something up. It's like the most intelligent, skeptical person you know making something up; impossible.
So, in my opinion, ghosts do exist.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

In the sense that ghost do exist but they are apparitions or even images of the mind so they are not real in a physical sense.

BlueChel5
BlueChel5
20 posts
Nomad

Ghosts... never encountered one. I only heard story's like on the TV shows and the news. I honestly think that it's just for publicity. It's just a bunch of superstitious nonsense. To sum it up, I think they are not real. Or are they...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

And my friend, now, she was not someone to make something up. It's like the most intelligent, skeptical person you know making something up; impossible.

There is still the possibility that she didn't make it up, yet it wasn't real. She was surely devastated by the loss of her close friend, and 'I'm in a better place now' seems much like auto-reconfortment. Such an event can shake down even the most rational person.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

@HahiHa
True enough.
Eh, I'll keep believing in ghosts anyway, I don't want to be haunted.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

In the sense that ghost do exist but they are apparitions or even images of the mind so they are not real in a physical sense.

@Purple Squishy
You make a good point because it could be that our minds are responsible for ghosts
Showing 46-60 of 64