ForumsThe TavernWho would win? Batman or Ironman?

60 9291
lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I argued with my brother on this question. My favorite universe is Marvel, but I still root for batman. I just want to see what you think.

• 60 Replies
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I think Ironman would win because he's got the suit and now he has like misiles that split and boom batman dead.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You saw Iron Man blow up a tank with a tiny missile right? He also accidentally shattered the wing of an F-22 without a scratch.

yea i know iron man can do that but batman has awesome piloting skills so im still going with batman
DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

iron man defanetly.he has long range attacks and can fly. batman can fly but not so long. iron man has armor bat man dosent.

SORRY BAT MAN IRON MAN WOULD KILL YOU

phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

ironman would win he has armor and long ranged attacks

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

iron man defanetly.he has long range attacks

If it was just the men and their suits, he would simply fly a mile away and fire guided missiles.

batman can fly

That's just falling with style.

iron man has armor bat man dosent.

If we're discussing the new Batman, then he does have some armor. It could stop some bullets, but I doubt it's enough to withstand a repulsor blast.

yea i know iron man can do that but batman has awesome piloting skills so im still going with batman

A jet is nowhere near as versitile as a man-sized suit, but we'll have to wait until TDKR (if the jet's involved at all) to see modifications. In the old Batman movie (not the Adam West one), it couldn't hit a still target and was shot down by a single explosive round. In Batman Forever it was brought down by a blast comparable to Iron Man's uni-beam.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That's just falling with style.

Or rather gliding. The only way Batman can fly is with his aircraft.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Or rather gliding. The only way Batman can fly is with his aircraft.

He also has a weird bat claw thing that attaches to buildings and pulls him up. After that he does a lot of fancy gliding.

If it was just the men and their suits, he would simply fly a mile away and fire guided missiles.

Batman would probably end up making them explode as he makes quick dodges. Or maybe hitting them with batarangs.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I think it would depend on the armor Ironman is using. If he is using his current incarnation of the Bleeding Edge armor I think I would give the fight to Ironman. With that armor I think Cyborg would be a better match-up for ironman.

As for Batman he has experience facing overwhelming odds and is quite skilled in finding the weak points in his opponents. He has also shown the ability to turn his opponents strength into weaknesses to exploit. This is largely due to his ability as a detective.

The one major weakness Batman would be able to exploit would be Ironmans need to constantly recharge his suit. So a tactic that Batman could deploy against Ironman would be to simply wear him out.

BigRoosta30
BigRoosta30
76 posts
Nomad

Batman is lazy he gets smart people to create his stuff for him... when Iron man is a human genius and creates all of his stuff himself

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

If I would think it was Batman I would say, "Cause he's Batman. It's what he does". But I do think Iron Man would win. He can fly and shoot laserbeams out of his hands. How is Batman going to deflect that.

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

Well, they both dont actually have superpowers, so you have to decide who would win based on the technology they have. This being the case, ironman would easily win. He can fly an has missles and that alone is way better than batman.

Pegasus16
Pegasus16
48 posts
Nomad

umm Iron Man, i dont like batamn anyways

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Batman is lazy he gets smart people to create his stuff for him... when Iron man is a human genius and creates all of his stuff himself

Truly, truly idiotic.
DJGari
DJGari
36 posts
Shepherd

A better question would be, who's cooler because Ironman would definitely win this one.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Iron Man.

Batman relies on melee-type attacks, coupled with medium-range, soft-target-damaging throwing weapons (batrangs). Since neither of those would make it through Iron Man's armor, and Iron Man has extremely enhanced strength, Batman would lose in a straight up fight. Iron Man wouldn't even really need weapons, he could win on brute force.
Even with his more powerful technologies, like the rocket-armed Tumbler/Bat-Tank from Batman Begins, Iron Man would still win. After all, he took a hit from a Sidewinder missile (1st Iron Man movie) and suffered no appreciable damage.
The best possible outcome Batman could hope for in a fight with Iron Man would be a draw based on retreat. Batman could attempt to use his stealth to escape the battle, but realistically even that's only a temporary escape. Iron Man also has advanced sensors, and since he can fly at high Mach speeds, he'd find and catch up to Batman fairly quickly.

Sorry, Batman fans, but your guy is just totally out-matched on this one.

Showing 31-45 of 60